Image ImageImage Image

Wallace is being showcased, no other possibilities

Moderators: HomoSapien, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23

Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,092
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Wallace is being showcased, no other possibilities 

Post#1 » by Clint Eastwood » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:24 am

wallace is the worst offensive frontcourt player in the nba im sure most would agree. he is actually proving especially this year to be a bad one on one defender. he does poke some balls nicely and get some good blocks. as far as rebounding, if you are going to be a terrible offensive player, and your only role is to rebound and block, then how are you as a 15 mil player not averaging 15 a game on the boards? no excuse for playing him over gray at this point.

i was excited to see noah and thomas in the lineup together, but with wallace? crazy. they have to be trying to showcase him and make people believe he still has something in the tank to get something for him. if not, then this boring team has become even more boring than we could ever imagine.
VinTheBarber
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#2 » by VinTheBarber » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:28 am

from your mouth to gods ears...trade em pax
R.I.P Patricia Denning Golden The kindest most caring Bulls fan ever .You will be missed by many..Your guidance was perfect during my hardest time and for that i will forever owe you pal.

suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#3 » by suckfish » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:30 am

Showcased?
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#4 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:34 am

Doesnt matter if he's being showcased - there are not many trade options for Ben W

Only a contender would want him at this point in season
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
SactownHrtBrks8
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#5 » by SactownHrtBrks8 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:34 am

He got his huge contract he just doesn't seem to care any more...... no passion
Chewie
Lead Assistant
And1: 336

Re: Wallace is being showcased, no other possibilities 

Post#6 » by Chewie » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:46 am

I can think of one plausible reason...ENTITLEMENT MINUTES.

And it's probably more accurate than the showcasing theory.
bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Post#7 » by bullzman23 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:48 am

Ben Wallace has 7 first half rebounds, and has had 5 straight games of 10 + boards.
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
Chewie
Lead Assistant
And1: 336

Post#8 » by Chewie » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:06 am

bullzman23 wrote:Ben Wallace has 7 first half rebounds, and has had 5 straight games of 10 + boards.

All off missed free throws.
Bullsville
Banned User

Post#9 » by Bullsville » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:14 am

Wallace would be an absolutely perfect fit for the Celtics, but there really aren't any trades that I can come up with that both teams would go for.
Nubby
Junior

Post#10 » by Nubby » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:11 pm

Nubbystrodamus sees Wallace and maybe Noc or Tyrus plus others in a three-way trade probably a Western conference team that needs some "toughness" and one of the Eastern Conference teams that is looking for a trade (maybe Clev. or Mil.). Pax now wants to free up time for Noah and Gray and add a big guard. Pax will probably keep Deng and trade Noc. which will be proven a mistake in the long run.
tensai
Pro Prospect
And1: 74

Post#11 » by tensai » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:29 pm

Nubby wrote:Nubbystrodamus sees Wallace and maybe Noc or Tyrus plus others in a three-way trade probably a Western conference team that needs some "toughness" and one of the Eastern Conference teams that is looking for a trade (maybe Clev. or Mil.). Pax now wants to free up time for Noah and Gray and add a big guard. Pax will probably keep Deng and trade Noc. which will be proven a mistake in the long run.

But JR prefers Tyrus over Noah and Gray, so your prediction ain't gonna happen except for the Wallace and Noc part.
Johnston797
Analyst
And1: 14

Post#12 » by Johnston797 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:30 pm

Bullsville wrote:Wallace would be an absolutely perfect fit for the Celtics, but there really aren't any trades that I can come up with that both teams would go for.

Except for KG to keep on his sorry ass for playing hard, I don't see that at all. But then I don't think any team would want him unless they had a miserable contract to swap back.

Kurt Thomas can still play but Phoenix had to pay 2 first round picks to trade him out. He had $8M on this contact. Wallace has nearly $40M left on his contract and is a coach killer. Sweet! :thumbsup:
Tankathon is my 2nd home!
Addicted123
Starter
And1: 22

Post#13 » by Addicted123 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:35 pm

Artest93 wrote:He got his huge contract he just doesn't seem to care any more...... no passion

Wallace sucked in the year before he received his contract with the Bulls. Many Pistons fans warned us and it was evident if you watched any of the playoffs that preceding year.

Wallace was washed up and Paxson made a HUGE mistake...... one of the worst signings in the history of the NBA. Wallace is a completely useless player.

I love that they play that bell toll sound effect when Big Ben grabs an uncontested rebound :nonono:
lupa
Sixth Man
And1: 14

Post#14 » by lupa » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:37 pm

I didn't know where to put this, but I came up with a good trade to dump Wallace:

Ben Wallace, Demetris Nichols for Luis Scola, Mike James, Kirk Snyder (expiring), Steve Francis

Before the trade we waive Khryapa and JamesOn Curry, and after we buyout Francis and resign Curry

Why for Houston:
Basically for them it's Scola for Wallace - they pair Yao with defensive minded player like Wallace, who can play PF for them

Why for Bulls: We get offensive player in Scola, and we get a little salary relief (2-3 mil. $)

Bulls roster:
Hinrich/Duhon/James
Gordon/Sefolosha/Snyder/Curry
Deng/Nocioni/Griffin
Smith/Tyrus
Noah/Scola/Gray

Rockets roster:
Alston/Head/Brooks
McGrady/Wells
Battier/Nichols/Novak
Wallace/Hayes/Landry
Yao/Mutombo
Addicted123
Starter

Post#15 » by Addicted123 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:37 pm

Johnston797 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Except for KG to keep on his sorry ass for playing hard, I don't see that at all. But then I don't think any team would want him unless they had a miserable contract to swap back.

Kurt Thomas can still play but Phoenix had to pay 2 first round picks to trade him out. He had $8M on this contact. Wallace has nearly $40M left on his contract and is a coach killer. Sweet! :thumbsup:

I can't imagine any team wanting him, especially with 2 years left on his deal. The Bulls would have to take on an even crazier contract. And if that's the case, I think Rein$dorf will just ride it out with Wallace's deal.
Addicted123
Starter

Post#16 » by Addicted123 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:38 pm

Also, if the Bulls can't trade him by the deadline this year (and especially next). I think they should just send Wallace on the same way as Tim Thomas and E Rob and just buyout the contract and send him on his merry way. He has no place on this team with Noah and Gray.
SactownHrtBrks8
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#17 » by SactownHrtBrks8 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:24 pm

Addicted123 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Wallace sucked in the year before he received his contract with the Bulls. Many Pistons fans warned us and it was evident if you watched any of the playoffs that preceding year.

Wallace was washed up and Paxson made a HUGE mistake...... one of the worst signings in the history of the NBA. Wallace is a completely useless player.

I love that they play that bell toll sound effect when Big Ben grabs an uncontested rebound :nonono:

He didn't suck that year, but he was declining for a bit. I couldn't believe I saw Brad Miller drive on him then pull up for a half hook. That certified him being washed up to me right there.
canadianbullfan
Sophomore

Post#18 » by canadianbullfan » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:33 pm

lupa wrote:I didn't know where to put this, but I came up with a good trade to dump Wallace:

Ben Wallace, Demetris Nichols for Luis Scola, Mike James, Kirk Snyder (expiring), Steve Francis

Before the trade we waive Khryapa and JamesOn Curry, and after we buyout Francis and resign Curry

Why for Houston:
Basically for them it's Scola for Wallace - they pair Yao with defensive minded player like Wallace, who can play PF for them

Why for Bulls: We get offensive player in Scola, and we get a little salary relief (2-3 mil. $)

Bulls roster:
Hinrich/Duhon/James
Gordon/Sefolosha/Snyder/Curry
Deng/Nocioni/Griffin
Smith/Tyrus
Noah/Scola/Gray

Rockets roster:
Alston/Head/Brooks
McGrady/Wells
Battier/Nichols/Novak
Wallace/Hayes/Landry
Yao/Mutombo

I like!
Addicted123
Starter

Post#19 » by Addicted123 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:27 pm

Artest93 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He didn't suck that year, but he was declining for a bit. I couldn't believe I saw Brad Miller drive on him then pull up for a half hook. That certified him being washed up to me right there.

I don't agree. I watched almost every single Pistons playoff game and Wallace was the same player he is now with the Bulls...... (not a good one).

I understand the marketing and national recognition aspect of bringing him in..... i.e. many of those dopey writers who yell at each other on TV had the Bulls in the Finals and they thought Wallace was a key ingredient of the team. That same recognition would not have happened with Chandler. But based purely on Wallace's on-court talent, there was absolutely no reason Paxson should have signed him, especially for a disastrous $15M per year.

I'm hoping he is being actively shopped. The day Wallace is traded is the day the Bulls immediately become a better basketball team.
bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Post#20 » by bullzman23 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:46 pm

Addicted123 wrote:Also, if the Bulls can't trade him by the deadline this year (and especially next). I think they should just send Wallace on the same way as Tim Thomas and E Rob and just buyout the contract and send him on his merry way. He has no place on this team with Noah and Gray.

That's really short-sighted. By next season's deadline he'll be a contract that most teams will be willing to take on. By the year after that, he'll be a desirable trade piece. We better have more patience than that otherwise we'll shoot ourselves in the foot.
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com

Return to Chicago Bulls