Image ImageImage Image

oh my god nocioni

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

whonka
Head Coach
And1: 524

oh my god nocioni 

Post#1 » by whonka » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:28 pm

"Sometimes I believe my problem right now is because I miss a lot of shots, I hesitate a lot," Nocioni said. "So today, I came in here with my mind ready to take my open shots with confidence. Don't think too much."

from the herald this morning after last night's game

we don't think you hesitate on your shot noch....
Jo Jo English
RealGM
And1: 4,981

Post#2 » by Jo Jo English » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:20 pm

He thought he was hesitating too much? Now that is funny.

I understand that one of the things, if not the biggest thing, that Nocioni brings to the Bulls is his offense off the bench. So him firing up a few shots when he is in the game is fine. I also won't jump all over him for missing his first few shots and starting the game 0-3 or 0-4, after all, there is no reason he can't bury his next few and get himself in a rhythm.

But with all of that said, I've never thought to myself, "hmmm, Nocioni really looks tentative out there tonight."
AAU Teammate
RealGM
And1: 803

Post#3 » by AAU Teammate » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:22 pm

Despite his recent flurry, I'm getting tired of his game.

We are so much better with Deng out there. Defensively, Noc's not athletic enough to keep with SFs, or most PFs.

It's not so much that he's awful, but it's more that you almost have to play him at PF to hide his defensive deficiencies. But then you lose rebounding. Catch 22. How do you use him?
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#4 » by suckfish » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:27 pm

Wow. That is pretty funny.

He just doesn't pass anymore, it's got to the point where he is either going to let it fly or he is going to do something stupid or out of control.

He is probably one of the most frustrating players on the team. He has a knack for hitting bad shots, it's fine when they are dropping but when he is off he continues to launch them.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,985

Post#5 » by dougthonus » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:54 pm

I have little problem with noc's offense. Sometimes he's a chucker, but his career offensive numbers balance out okay, and as like a 4th scorer on the team that's fine.

My problem is that he doesn't stay with his man on defense. The vast majority of their breakdowns when he is on the floor is because he drifts aimlessly. He doesn't even give you the advantage of drifting that Tyrus would because as a help defender he's not a good shot blocker and doesn't get into passing lanes much. In general, he drifts with all the negatives of drifting without bringing the positives.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls