Image ImageImage Image

Yet another Gasol Trade ---but this one I like.

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Yet another Gasol Trade ---but this one I like. 

Post#1 » by bullzman23 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:10 am

Yet another Gasol trade, but I think this one is the most logical. Merge if necessary, but I didn
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#2 » by boogydown » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:32 am

Right off bat, it's a bad trade for Memphis. I look at SA and see them getting an absolute steal along with Chicago. I doubt SA would even think of trading this many players to offset it's chemistry.

The best trade still stands between Memphis, New York, and Chicago.
bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Post#3 » by bullzman23 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:35 am

boogydown wrote:The best trade still stands between Memphis, New York, and Chicago.

I just can't understand why Memphis would take Curry. If they're interested in Curry, why not just keep Gasol? This one gives them a big that fits well into their running game, while giving them tons of flexibility with the expiring contracts and draft picks.
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
bullsaficianado
Rookie
And1: 352

Post#4 » by bullsaficianado » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:17 am

Yeah, the Spurs would never do it. The thought of Wallace and Duncan though, yikes. Crazy. Duncan blocks enough shots by himself. That defense would be the toughest in the league to play against for sure.
basghetti80
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Post#5 » by basghetti80 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:42 am

My best three way idea is Bulls/Suns/Memphis with Suns getting Wallace, Memphis getting Marion and Bulls getting Gasol. Obviously others are involved but that is the core of the deal.
basghetti80
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Post#6 » by basghetti80 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:43 am

My best three way idea is Bulls/Suns/Memphis with Suns getting Wallace, Memphis getting Marion and Bulls getting Gasol. Obviously others are involved but that is the core of the deal.
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#7 » by jax98 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:03 pm

I like getting Finley, but not at the expense of Joakim Noah. It's only a matter of time before Joe Smith is either retired or gone in free agency, so why not hang onto Noah and run a 3-man rotation of Pau Gasol, Tyrus Thomas & Joakim Noah? I understand Memphis probably wouldn't do the deal without getting Joakim, but this is where we should make Nocioni a part of the trade. He's clogging up minutes anyway.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#8 » by boogydown » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:25 pm

bullzman23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I just can't understand why Memphis would take Curry. If they're interested in Curry, why not just keep Gasol? This one gives them a big that fits well into their running game, while giving them tons of flexibility with the expiring contracts and draft picks.

That is where we have bargaining power throwing in another pick, potentially Noah and or Nocioni.
dflaschberger
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#9 » by dflaschberger » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:21 pm

that was my deal mr. boogy-I agree. I would add noc, especially since memphis showed interest, and take thabo out of my
curry-wallace-gasol deal

It is a very valid point about curry though. memphis might not see that as a good move-i think it is a cheaper option for them, a downgrade, but a cheaper, younger one. When you add all the other benefits, they might bite
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,960

Post#10 » by dougthonus » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:03 pm

Memphis would need to waive 3 people on it's roster to accept this trade.

I haven't looked at their roster to see if they have 3 guys they wouldn't mind waiving, but that's normally a whole heck of a lot.

The NYK - Memphis - Chicago trade is awful for Memphis, there's no way in hell they'd do it, so I'm not sure why people bring it up as a possibility.

I also don't think Memphis would do this trade based on talent either. Really, the draft picks don't seem like they'd be very good, especially after the Bulls got Gasol, and the only real talent in the trade is Joakim Noah.

Noah and 3 mediocre to bad draft choices isn't much return for Gasol.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls