Image ImageImage Image

Wiretap: Wiz Separate Blatche, Young and McQuire

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Jello Biafra
Analyst
And1: 348

Wiretap: Wiz Separate Blatche, Young and McQuire 

Post#1 » by Jello Biafra » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:04 pm

Wiz Vets wrote:The rest of our bench, our younger guys, they have to get better. They have to get better."

After the game, veterans Antonio Daniels, DeShawn Stevenson and Antawn Jamison said they are in the process of re-arranging the locker room. The idea is to separate Andray Blatche and rookies Nick Young and Dominic McGuire to create a more serious pregame environment.

Said Stevenson: "We've got too much joking and playing around going on in here before games."

Jamison said his main goal is to make the young players understand how valuable their contributions will be as the season plays out.

"When you're young, you need as little distraction as possible," Jamison said. "We're just going to get them seated by some professional guys. When I first got in the league it was about being surrounded by veteran guys and learning from them and that's what we want to create in here. So far, we're not satisfied with the growth in that area because this is a veteran team. This is not a young team where you can just go out there and just play. You've got to do it a certain way."

This quote makes it so clear that the Bulls seriously lack leadership. They bring in a rent a leader on their last legs (JYD, Antonio, P.J.) but no one with the guts to call guys out on the carpet for behaviour, underperformance and professionalism.

The team needs a quality player to take ownership of the team. Ben Wallace is the antithesis of a leader. Kirk is mute. Ben is concerned about Ben. Heck, after blowing two games last week in the final seconds with stupid turnovers he stated in the paper that he wished someone else who step up and be the man at crunch time. Luol doesn't appear to have it. Duhon is the only guy will step up say something, but he sucks. Noc? Language barrier.

The team won't improve until its best players take ownership of the team.
newskoolbulls
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#2 » by newskoolbulls » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:08 pm

I think Joe Smith and Griff are the only vocal guys on this team and i doubt the other would listen to them. It has to come from one of the three BW, BG, or KH because you cant have a role player trying to be your leader. Also the Wizards are a totally different team without Gilbert. First they are winning more and now they are upset that there is joking around going on lol, Gil is the king of lockerroom riots and jokes.
bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Post#3 » by bullzman23 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:15 pm

Enter Sam Cassell...who would also be a rent-a-vet, but a damn good one at that.
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
Jello Biafra
Analyst
And1: 348

Post#4 » by Jello Biafra » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:31 pm

Antawn Jamison wrote:"This is not a young team where you can just go out there and just play. You've got to do it a certain way."

This sounds eerily familiar to the Scott Skiles mantra.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,850

Re: Wiretap: Wiz Separate Blatche, Young and McQuire 

Post#5 » by DuckIII » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:39 pm

Jello Biafra wrote:This quote makes it so clear that the Bulls seriously lack leadership.

Wow. What a reach.

So because Washington has young players that are so immature that the vets feel they need to physically separate them, that means the Bulls don't have leadership?

I'm not saying the Bulls do have leadership. I've not seen any evidence of it. But this story sheds absolutely no light on the Bulls' situation at all.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Re: Wiretap: Wiz Separate Blatche, Young and McQuire 

Post#6 » by bullzman23 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:41 pm

DuckIII wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Wow. What a reach.

So because Washington has young players that are so immature that the vets feel they need to physically separate them, that means the Bulls don't have leadership?

I'm not saying the Bulls do have leadership. I've not seen any evidence of it. But this story sheds absolutely no light on the Bulls' situation at all.

Also, I've only seen Tyrus Thomas laugh like twice so I'm sure it's not a big deal. In fact, the only one who consistently laughs is Joe Smith. We should move his locker next to this guy:

He's still on the team, right?
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#7 » by suckfish » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:51 pm

It sounds to me like the Wizards have good fun off the court, I remember reading some crazy stuff going on between the Rookies and Gilbert Arenas where they were fooling around playing pranks on each other. They go to some pretty extreme lengths.

I wonder what Big Ben, Chris Duhon, Luol Deng and Kirk do in thier spare time?

Ben Gordon and Thabo? That's fairly obvious, the recording studio...

Oh dear.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,273

Post#8 » by AirP. » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:52 pm

From the outside looking in, I completely blame Skiles for the lack of leadership, Skiles took the leadership role and with his style, he wanted professional no nonsense work ethic.

I've never ever heard of a player go ask their coach if he could call a "Players Only" meeting like Griffin did with Skiles. You couple that with things like.. sure he's telling the truth but he's a rookie so shut up... you can completely understand why nobody has stood up to take the leadership role.

But...

With Skiles and his strong personality gone, I think we'll have some players slowly rise up to become leaders of this team... Hinrich isn't a true leader, neither is Deng, Wallace nor BG. I think Noah will end up rising to that role, maybe not this year but in his first couple of years I can definately see it happening.

The further away the Skiles firing continues, the more you may see players coming out of their shells and that would be a very good thing for this team because I really don't see any bad influences that could disrupt the team. Just think your lucky stars Paxson never went out and got Randolph, talk about a guy who could be a godsend and a cancer all at the same time.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,850

Post#9 » by DuckIII » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:26 pm

suckfish wrote:

I wonder what Big Ben, Chris Duhon, Luol Deng and Kirk do in thier spare time?

Ben Gordon and Thabo? That's fairly obvious, the recording studio...

Don't forget the runway. Thabo spent his downtime this summer working on "Blue Steel" in preparation for Milan's fashion week.

Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
NLK
Head Coach
And1: 9
Location: CHICAGO is a big market with many Rings! Eat S#%T New York!

Post#10 » by NLK » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:10 pm

Here's an idea that needs to come from upstairs (of all teams management), they don't come out prepared and professional...dock their pay. Let them file their little player grievances etc to the commish. The owners, still own the team, not the players. Reform is much needed.

I'll tell ya burned me a while back. Eddy Curry & his cell phone back in 2004 (It took the 38 yr Old Pip to tell him to STFU). Good riddance to bad rubbish!
-NLK: Offending Djiboutians since November 2007
"You don't truly know someone, until you fight them."
"To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very essence that makes us human."
endemicBull
Pro Prospect
And1: 10

Post#11 » by endemicBull » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:33 pm

An NBA locker-room isn't a classroom, and this has PR stunt written all over it...
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,091
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#12 » by Clint Eastwood » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:36 pm

the bulls dont lack nba leadership, they lack nba talent.
girlygirl
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#13 » by girlygirl » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:57 pm

This story has nothing to do with the Bulls...what it says is that the Wizards young players are immature...nothing more or less than that...

Return to Chicago Bulls