Image ImageImage Image

feedback-is this trade that bad?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, Ice Man, dougthonus

dflaschberger
Analyst
And1: 0

feedback-is this trade that bad? 

Post#1 » by dflaschberger » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:20 pm

I pride myself on making fair, realistic deals. I know I've made some stinkers, but I thought this one was ok. It got nothing on the trade board and dumped from the cavs board?

bulls send wallace, duhon and VK to cleveland for Hughes, Anderson and DJones

Wallace > Hughes
Duhon << Anderson
VK> DJones

For cavs-wallace is actually playing pretty well. Nice along side Z, make gooden a dang nice 6th man. Duhon would start, good D, can penatrate a little. VK expires and is much cheaper than DJOnes

For bulls-wallace's value is ok now, take advantage. he will keep getting entitlement minutes and might start to decline. Hughes is the kind of 3rd guard for kirk and ben, a perfect fit (although WAY overpaid and hurt too much)- a big gamble here for bulls
Of course, anderson has most value in trade-he'd get 25-30 of ben's minutes up front but not entitlement-if gray or noah deserve them-they get them. That gives the bulls the young 4 bigs
DJones is crap, but would be our backup point (but very few minutes for him). He is paid way more than VK but is the price to pay

both teams shake it up here, could easily meet in first round to see who gets better deal

kirk/ben/djones
hughes/ben/thabo
deng/noc/thabo
JSmith/TThomas/Noc
Noah/Anderson/gray

duhon/gibson/snow
Sasha/sbrown
lebron/ira/shasha
wallace/gooden/marshall
Z/wallace
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#2 » by Cliff Levingston » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:35 pm

Wallace's contract is worse than Hughes' and this depletes their back court a bit further than it already is. The worst part is that Cleveland is giving up Varejao and not getting a long term front court replacement.

Yea, it's a bad deal for Cleveland.
ChronicKerr
Lead Assistant
And1: 59

Post#3 » by ChronicKerr » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:35 pm

i don't think anyone is going to take wallace from us in a trade.. however, hughes contract is just as bad so i don't think it's that far a reach.. anderson just signed a contract so not sure if he can be traded for awhile??
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#4 » by ATRAIN53 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:05 pm

i think Wallace would be a perfect fit for Cleveland. They have scorers in LeBron and Gibson and Wallace is a great passer.

but i don't think Paxson wants to trade him somewhere he could come back to haunt the Bulls.

I'd be fine with Hughes on the Bulls - he's a guard that can finish and dunk and were going nowhere until we have a guy with that ability.
dflaschberger
Analyst

Post#5 » by dflaschberger » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:39 pm

thanks for the feedback-I thought it was fair and would help both teams. Tough to deal with the Cavs and help them, but they could use wallace and duhon.

We could use Hughes. I'd even consider sending Varejo to a third team (suns for their TE and the ATL pick-he'd be perfect for them)
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#6 » by Cliff Levingston » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:03 pm

dflaschberger wrote:We could use Hughes. I'd even consider sending Varejo to a third team (suns for their TE and the ATL pick-he'd be perfect for them)

Replace Varejao with Newble.
dflaschberger
Analyst

Post#7 » by dflaschberger » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:27 pm

that is bad for us then Cliff, newble is useless

Return to Chicago Bulls