Image ImageImage Image

Edited: Noah argued with Ben Wallace in lockeroom

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,774

Post#121 » by kyrv » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:01 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:If A.D were still here none of this nonsense that is going on right now would happen. All the players seemed to have a respect for A.D and his leadership. There just seems to be a lack of respect for Wallace by our players.

Wallace just wants to argue with Noah. But A.D would have gone up to the stands and slapped the sh*t out of Noah, and then sat down with him to talk. I knew it was a mistake to trade him with Curry to the Knicks. We havn't had a true leader on this team since his depature..

I agree.

Ben Wallace just seems like such a horrible fit, on AND off the court. :(
Shinky
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#122 » by Shinky » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:48 pm

I am pretty ashamed that I was excited when Ben Wallace was added to this team. I don't think it's any coincidence that our team chemistry started to go downhill almost immediately once this **** was added to our team.

And his play has been nothing short of embarassing for a player with as many accolades as he's had over the years.

Kiss my ass, Ben Wallace. Kiss my ass you worthless pile of crap. I hate you, your a puss.
tclg
Lead Assistant

Post#123 » by tclg » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:02 pm

Ben wallace needs to be sent home
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#124 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:05 pm

tclg wrote:Ben wallace needs to be sent home

No, Ben Wallace needs to be euthanized.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#125 » by magicfan4life05 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:05 pm

do you guys know for sure if something happened? now noah is saying it didnt happen and someone is making it up to divide the team...i
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,084

Post#126 » by Wingy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:07 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:No, Ben Wallace needs to be euthanized.

:rofl: ...does that mean I can add you to the anti-Wallace thread list?
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#127 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:07 pm

magicfan4life05 wrote:do you guys know for sure if something happened? now noah is saying it didnt happen and someone is making it up to divide the team...i

It was Khryapa. I'm sure of it.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,774

Post#128 » by kyrv » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:28 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It was Khryapa. I'm sure of it.

He's a rabble rouser and a lollygagger!
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#129 » by suckfish » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:56 pm

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/50332/20080116/joakim_noah_angry_at_divisive_source/

Joakim Noah Angry At Divisive 'Source'
January 16, 2008 - 5:03 pm
Chicago Sun Times -
Joakim Noah said whoever leaked a story about his Tuesday confrontation with Ben Wallace in the Bulls' locker room is dividing the team. Noah, speaking on WSCR-AM (670), denied a confrontation took place.

Two newspapers reported Noah and Wallace had to be separated by Luol Deng in the visiting locker room in Orlando. The clash apparently was sparked by the antics of Wallace during the Bulls' loss to the Magic. At one point, with the Bulls losing by 28, television cameras picked up Wallace laughing on the bench.

"You know what makes me mad, that somebody actually said and told you guys that there was a situation," Noah told WSCR's Mike North from the Bulls' team hotel in Miami, where they play tonight. "That's what makes me mad. That's the only reason why I'm doing this right now. Otherwise I wouldn't be doing it."

"For people to say we've had a clash ... this is the kind of stuff that divides a team. You guys write these stories and hype things up. It's crazy."
Posey H8er
RealGM
And1: 64

Post#130 » by Posey H8er » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:17 am

That story has to be fake now. Deng breaking up a fight? He would have to have hurt himself doing that.
bulls6pack
Sixth Man
And1: 71

Post#131 » by bulls6pack » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:10 am

Not sure how many others caught this. But during the Orlando game, Matt Goukas reported that Noah is always late, not doing his rookie duties, and really doesn't know the plays. He thought these things all factored into his teammates wanting him benched another game.

Then you have the heated discussion in the lockeroom between Noah and Wallace. I believe Noah made a good point. If Wallace was one who wanted Noah suspended another game, and then turned around and was laughing on the bench after getting blown out, then yes Noah had an argument. Noah also made a good point, when he said that he was disappointed that someone leaked the lockeroom issue. Also saying that the leak and the person who made the leak, is the reason this team is divided and is part of this team's problems this season.
drama4life26
Sophomore

All I gotta say... 

Post#132 » by drama4life26 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:27 am

Benny Wallace would knock out your boy Noah and you guys all know that and The only reason Da Bulls signed Wallace to break up Detroit but his plan back fired!!
I'm getting too old for this $hit....
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 123

Post#133 » by Three34 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:46 am

Matt Guokas also talked about Gray not being a post up player and prefering to play away from the basket. Never get your Bulls info from another team's colour announcer.
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#134 » by AKfanatic » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:50 am

this pretty much sums up my opinion of Noah

ESPN's David Thorpe was at the game, and heard the same thing. In talking to several Bulls players, he heard again and again that what's lighting Joakim Noah's fire through his week of squabbles is his fascination with winning. (Which is totally consistent with Florida coach Billy Donovan's interpretation of the situation.) He's distraught that not all of this teammates seem to care as much.

Like any young person, he might express it imperfectly, but that fire in Joakim is the reason to have him on your team.

Will it work? Is Noah succeeding in firing up his teammates? Is this leadership? Even if Noah is the perfect leader, does anybody want to hear it from a rookie? I don't know the answers to any of that. The reports from the Bulls these days are so acerbic. (Case in point.) The mood seems so negative. This could be the kind of squabble that good teams just go through. This could be the maturation process of a team taking place -- only in an era where every little stumble is public knowledge

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-2 ... icago.html
NLK
Head Coach
And1: 9
Location: CHICAGO is a big market with many Rings! Eat S#%T New York!

Post#135 » by NLK » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:00 pm

I betcha that alleged "fight" between Wallace and Joakim was about who had the more uglier shooting form.

Wallace: "Yo man, I got the worst form on the team. I'm #1 in that category. I'm #1, I'm #1" As Wallace prances/skips around the locker room

Deng & Gordon flip the bird behind Wallace's back. Wallace then turns around, they hide their gestures and start smiling. Deng's smile creates a light so bright, Wallace says "Lu stop smiling, you're blinding everybody."

Joakmi: "F--- you Big Money! I got the worst form!" Joakim reenacts his famous dance exhibition, similar to the one from last season's post championship game (FL vs. Ohio St.).

Joakim & Big Ben meet in the middle of the locker room ready to lock horns. Viktor Kryhapa blasts his Michael Jackson tape, which was on the song "Beat it." Joakim and Wallace engage into a semi-dance off until Deng flashes his smile once again, temporarily blinding the two combatants.

Boylan: "Deng didn't you listen to what the godfather just said to you about that smile. "
-NLK: Offending Djiboutians since November 2007
"You don't truly know someone, until you fight them."
"To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very essence that makes us human."
TB#1
Banned User

Post#136 » by TB#1 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:17 pm

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketba ... 17.article

MIAMI -- It's a script straight out of Hollywood:
One day after two players get involved in a verbal altercation in the locker room following an embarrassing loss, the players rally around one another and come together for an inspiring road win despite being short-handed.

No doubt, the Bulls' 126-96 victory over the Miami Heat on Wednesday night at American Airlines Arena will be billed that way in some circles, but the Bulls say that story line is pure fiction.
Despite reports in two newspapers that Ben Wallace and rookie Joakim Noah had to be separated after exchanging words in the locker room following a loss in Orlando, the Bulls maintain there was no altercation or argument.
''Maybe y'all messed it up,'' Wallace said to reporters before the game. ''Go ask Joakim. I know I'm not gonna talk about it because I don't have anything to say about it.''
Bulls coach Jim Boylan had plenty to say.
''I know all about it, and there was no argument,'' he said. ''I don't know why it was reported that way. A couple of things were said, but there was no confrontation. There was no one going after each other. There were no angry words.
''I spoke to both guys together this morning. They laughed about it. They can't believe that it was reported like that. I find it disappointing that it's put in the paper without really being substantiated in any way and to have it said by someone. I don't think that's fair.''
Fair or not, Boylan did what any coach worth his whistle would do: use it as part of his pregame speech.
TB#1
Banned User

Post#137 » by TB#1 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:04 pm

TB#1 wrote:The infraction was, apparently Noah cursing out Coach Adams by telling him "Don't **** talk to me about knowing about winning" or some such -- implying that Joakim knows what a winner is

DuckIII wrote:I've been traveling a lot the last 2 days and haven't been reading the papers. Where did you here that, TB? I'd like to read the article (if it was an article as opposed to a radio or TV report).

As for Noah, I'm firmly on record as being disgusted with his recent martyrdom earned, evidently, for being a petulant assclown to one of his coaches. And I am also firmly on record as being disgusted by what the media did with the story of the team-voted suspension.

That said, this I like. I have absolutely no problem with a rookie getting in a veteran's face when it comes to something like this. If you are right, you are right. Experience has nothing to do with it. And JoJo Dancer is right.

mysteryfan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I heard it on Boers and Bernstein, I didn't read it. It was Bernstein who gave it from his "sources" as opposed to Boers and his "peeps".

I guess that is where the story came from. I could have sworn it was in one of the articles, but apparently not. I've scoured the threads and so has jack finn.

I guess I heard about the m-fer thing from this post:

Grand.Champ wrote:I was listening to the radio last night, and B&B said this is basically what Noah said.

Adams was harping on Noah and said something along the lines of, "look Jo, you are in the wrong spot, you need to be in the right spot, every time, in order for us to be winners"

Then Noah goes off and says something along the lines of "Don't you mother f'in tell me about mother f'in winning, mother f'er"

Not really a huge deal, IMO, and as usual got blown way out of preportion.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#138 » by Rerisen » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:06 pm

"look Jo, you are in the wrong spot, you need to be in the right spot, every time, in order for us to be winners"

:rofl:

Sounds like he deserved it, if he said something that corny.

Return to Chicago Bulls