Image ImageImage Image

Edited: Noah argued with Ben Wallace in lockeroom

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

richard
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#21 » by richard » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:55 am

luol stepping in could meaning anything from saying "hey, take it easy" to physically separating them. we don't know. but we do know noah has a legitimate beef about the listless attitude on the bench. the most listless of them all is ben wallace, he shows no passion for anything, all he cares about is getting his way. meanwhile look at noah, he was showing more passion than anyone else while he was watching the game in street clothes for two games.
sk33
Head Coach

Post#22 » by sk33 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:56 am

Joakim Noah simply doesn't tolerate the loser attitude of the veterans and coaches of this team. Good for him. I hated the pick but now love it.
Trade Wallace

(this worked for Skiles. Lets go for 2)
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 468

Post#23 » by Mr. Tibbs » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:07 am

richard wrote:luol stepping in could meaning anything from saying "hey, take it easy" to physically separating them. we don't know. but we do know noah has a legitimate beef about the listless attitude on the bench. the most listless of them all is ben wallace, he shows no passion for anything, all he cares about is getting his way. meanwhile look at noah, he was showing more passion than anyone else while he was watching the game in street clothes for two games.

or maybe taking noah to a corner putting vaseline on his cuts and telling him to stick and move.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Post#24 » by bullzman23 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:08 am

Maybe their table tennis is better. Ben Wallace, who had four points and three rebounds in 21 minutes, said that despite the Noah suspension controversy the team continues to get along.

"I think we've become closer as a team bringing on that family type atmosphere," Wallace said before the game, and obviously before it was reported he and Noah had words after the game. "I got invited to a couple of [team] Ping Pong tournaments. The guys got together last night and played some [cards]. I think it worked out fine for the team.

"I don't think I'm ever going to be that vocal leader everyone talks about. I just thought we were already in a fragile situation."

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com ... -headlines
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#25 » by AKfanatic » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:17 am

So how long will the players vote him suspended now
Doofer
Lead Assistant
And1: 49

Post#26 » by Doofer » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:20 am

I watched the game today on I clearly remember a shot of the Bulls bench when Wallace was sitting it it made me sick to see the look on his face.

What was that look?

I look of I don't give a rats ass about this team...

I say good for Noah...
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#27 » by AKfanatic » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:27 am

Doofer wrote:I watched the game today on I clearly remember a shot of the Bulls bench when Wallace was sitting it it made me sick to see the look on his face.

What was that look?

I look of I don't give a rats ass about this team...

I say good for Noah...

I saw the same thing and the only thing that made me remotely happy is that his "i dont give a rats ass..." look was coming from the bench as opposed to the court where it usually is.
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 468

Post#28 » by Mr. Tibbs » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:38 am

just hypothetically if the bulls cut him do u think dumars would take him for half of his contract now? i really wonder
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
GabbaGoo
Junior

Post#29 » by GabbaGoo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:44 am

Joakim "The Noble One" Noah!!!

Good For Him...all the other Bulls Players are scared of Wallace and Noah is the only Leader on that team...I say build a supporting cast around Noah
Gregnice33
Analyst
And1: 582

Post#30 » by Gregnice33 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:24 am

Apparently the equipment manager was down to one scrunchie (or possibly a tampon the details are fuzzy at this point) and both players needed it.
When it comes to racism, people say: I don't care if they're black, white, purple or green Ooh hold on now: Purple or Green? You gotta draw the line somewhere! To hell with purple people - Unless they're suffocating - then help'em
~Mitch Hedberg
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#31 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:46 am

sk33 wrote:Joakim Noah simply doesn't tolerate the loser attitude of the veterans and coaches of this team. Good for him. I hated the pick but now love it.

That is why I loved the pick

I'd rather have someone who hates to lose than someone who "wants to win"
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
ThomasDH
Ballboy

Post#32 » by ThomasDH » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:55 am

Wow!! The new hero, Joakim Noah!!!!!

:rockon:
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#33 » by Rerisen » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:39 am

Good for Joakim. He was wrong in what he did with Adams. But I'm sure he is right to point out the hypocrisy of what the rest of the team did to him in relation to their piss poor effort on the floor and yukking it up on the bench during games where they are getting flat beat down.

Wallace needs to go. And he can take his co-conspirator Griffin with him. I was totally unimpressed with Griffin's explanation of the suspension event on the radio. He couldn't even give a cogent answer why the 'vets' thought it should be done in the first place. It honestly sounded like the whole thing was a bunch of contrived nonsense to bring the team together at the expense of Noah's mistake.

The leader of your team should not be a guy that rides the bench every game anyway.
eierluke
Lead Assistant
And1: 87

Post#34 » by eierluke » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:08 am

Believe me there wasn't a fight otherwise we'd see Noah seperated in two pieces and nobody needs to get traded via panic mode, c'm on it wasn't a Spreewell-Carlissimo accident that happened.

The good thing we do learn:
still some sort of life in this team.
sven petersson
Mad Mike
Rookie
And1: 14

Post#35 » by Mad Mike » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:23 am

last time ben wallace fought all hell broke lose in detroit. I think its pretty disrespectful of noah to try to argue and fight with a 4 time defensive player of the year. He may be right but he is still a rookie and if he continues this he will have a bad reputation around the league.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#36 » by Rerisen » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:30 am

eierluke wrote:The good thing we do learn:
still some sort of life in this team.

But the only life is from a over emotional immature young player that can barely get on the court. If Noah had not got into it with Wallace after last nights game, would there have been any show of caring about yet another dreadful performance? I doubt it. Players laughing on the bench while getting steam rolled does not speak to much life, as far as talking about the team being interested in turning it around.

Except for Noah, this team appears to be otherwise on a course of cruise control losing. Like other bad teams in the past, the Clippers, or our very own Bulls of the 3 C's era. This season has been written off and players like Wallace could care less. But he hardly cared last year either, as he is already in pseudo retirement, getting paid by the Bulls for what he did in Detroit.
Beryl 96
Starter

Post#37 » by Beryl 96 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:32 am

good for Noah, however, I don't think its right or fair for us to lump Griff in with that sack of **** who mad mike apparently thinks deserves some kind of respect on this team, Griff has been a positive assest for this team, perhaps not in the boxscore but he does lend some mentoring and leadership, and if hes in cahoots with Wallace its only cause Wallace manipulated him to do as such.
Biggame 33
Pro Prospect

Post#38 » by Biggame 33 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:40 am

sk33 wrote:go joakim

WOW Noah has one good game and argues with Ben Wallace and everyone thinks he is a saviour.
This is the same immature guy who cant make it to team functions on time and still thinks he is in college.
Noah is nothing more than a back-up player no better than anderson varejo of cleveland.
Noah will get his head taken off by Ben Wallace any day.
If Noah was a starter he would be a offensive liability as well.
No one on this team is going to be a Superstar or even a All-star to say the least.
This whole team sucks and no one is worth keeping.
Everyone should be on the trade market if a good trade is presented.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,836

Post#39 » by Calinks » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:59 am

I give mad props to Noah for stepping up to Ben Wallace and calling out the bench like that. Who cares if Ben Wallace is a vet and is more accomplished than Noah. If Wallace was in the wrong then Noah has just as much right to call him out as anybody. Forget that "respect those above you" bull crap.

If you are wrong you are wrong and no status makes you immune to being called out. I don't give a damn if it was Michael Jordan dropping the ball if Noah felt he needed to say something then he had the right.

I'm sure Ben Wallace was just pissed that a rook was putting him in his place. It's like a grown man being called out by a 12 when he knows he is wrong. You will get offended because you realize you screwed up and this "kid" actually has the nerve to call you out on it. It's embarrassing but all the more infuriating because you know he's right.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
DJhitek
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,354

Post#40 » by DJhitek » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:31 am

Biggame 33 wrote:WOW Noah has one good game and argues with Ben Wallace and everyone thinks he is a saviour.
This is the same immature guy who cant make it to team functions on time and still thinks he is in college.
Noah is nothing more than a back-up player no better than anderson varejo of cleveland.
Noah will get his head taken off by Ben Wallace any day.
If Noah was a starter he would be a offensive liability as well.
No one on this team is going to be a Superstar or even a All-star to say the least.
This whole team sucks and no one is worth keeping.
Everyone should be on the trade market if a good trade is presented.

I partially agree with this, my problem with Noah is that he isn't setting the right example either. I do applaud his passion and his hatred for losing but you can't consider yourself a leader if your not showing up on time where your supposed to be off the court.

Wallace is just worthless, please just buy him out.

Return to Chicago Bulls