Image ImageImage Image

Edited: Noah argued with Ben Wallace in lockeroom

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

eNgIeS
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#41 » by eNgIeS » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:54 am

i juist pray to god this whole incident & debacle of the last 4-5 games will light a fire under our ass's. We showed we can fight back in the philly game. we still have the same players

players just need a light under there ass's to get going. We never were a true blow out team we had to figth for every win. This season most games shown no fight
Bring back Nocioni!!!
lupa
Sixth Man
And1: 14

Post#42 » by lupa » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:27 pm

I love Joakim Noah.
BTW, maybe it's time ti give Ben Wallace the same treatment we gave to Tim Thomas
whonka
Head Coach
And1: 524

Post#43 » by whonka » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:39 pm

eNgIeS wrote:i juist pray to god this whole incident & debacle of the last 4-5 games will light a fire under our ass's. We showed we can fight back in the philly game. we still have the same players

well, lets see. we were close in the first half. then during halftime noah and wallace had their "fight". Was a fire lit under our asses in the 3rd quarter?
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#44 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:50 pm

No one has challenged Wallace & the way he is dragging the Bulls into hell. Duhon mentioned something to a reporter but apparently not to Ben's face.

Noah seems to be the first to challenge Wallace & his aura of indifference

It shouldnt have to be Noah - but it shows how bad the wound is festering
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,043

Post#45 » by Wingy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:57 pm

Noah!!! :clap:

"Sign" the Get Wallace Outta Chicago Petition Thread!!!
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?topic=750668

Think about how mad you will be

if they ship out Noah and

keep Ben Wallace.
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#46 » by suckfish » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:58 pm

Wow. This season has gone from bad to absolute disaster very quickly.

Still I like this from Joakim. Somebody cares enough to make a vocal point instead of locking it up inside. I think all this crap is going to hurt how people view Joakim on the outside, not that they like him anyway, but reading all this stuff in the headlines is going to make Joakim come across as an ass.

But something has to be said, it's just a shame it has to be the rookie who has to say it.
MixTKO
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#47 » by MixTKO » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm

At this point Wallace needs to go. The Bulls should dangle Wallace, Tyrus, and Gordon and see what kinda bites we get. I'd love a package of Gasol and Mike Miller.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,367

Post#48 » by DASMACKDOWN » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:08 pm

Even thought I like what Noah did, I cant help but feel the incidents over the last few games has divided the team.

Pax said on radio yesterday that the Vets made the decision to bench Noah. I get the feeling that the young guys (Tyrus,Noah,Gray, maybe Thabo) all have each others back. Mainly because they know the BS that they have to deal with. Plus they didnt get a vote.

What does Wallace think of Noah now? Wallace basically suspended Noah and he gets called out by him. Maybe Wallace will try and vote for another suspension.

I never thought about this before, but I really do feel its vets vs the youngsters on this team. And its starting to show. The team is divided. This team is done.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,403

Post#49 » by coldfish » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:08 pm

whonka wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

well, lets see. we were close in the first half. then during halftime noah and wallace had their "fight". Was a fire lit under our asses in the 3rd quarter?

I thought it was after the game.
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#50 » by jax98 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:11 pm

I have not given my two cents about the Joakim Noah affair.. Simply because I don't know which side to turn to. I think it's absolutely ridiculous of Noah to verbally attack a coach. Regardless of that coach being Ron Adams or Isiah Thomas. Stupid move.

But I love the fact that he has a desire (Or rather, need) to win and will fight through hell to get there. It's a very strong sign of things to come.

All in all.. What happened, happened. If it was for the good or for the better is up to Ben Wallace and his play. Since he's so quick at telling others how to play while playing laughable himself, I think this could be a nice test for him to see what he can do.
Dearth
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#51 » by Dearth » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:12 pm

I'm a bit torn on this one. I did see a few shots of the bench with Smith and Wallace grinning and snickering. Looked like Joe was in Ben's ear on one shot. But let's face it these guys are vets they've lost by worse margins and they know you've got to dust yourself off and come back the next day.

I know this whole season has left a sour taste in our mouths and we haven't seen the fire needed to win more than a handful of sporadic times.

I don't expect Wallace to be stuck on the bench with a frown or waving a towel saying "go get 'em" or anything.

I wonder what else was said during the argument I guess we'll never know.

I wish we could move Wallace but I doubt that will happen. I'm ready to watch Gray get 20 minutes and Noah 28 and Tyrus 25.
eNgIeS
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#52 » by eNgIeS » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:26 pm

whonka wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

woah hold up nelly! since when did this occur during halftime. from reading it was after the game. so yeh next time u wanna say something sarcastic in response to my post you should perhaps check your facts before trying to show off coz instead of ur intent of leaving egg on my face, the wind u three it against made it splatter on ur face instead!
Bring back Nocioni!!!
ptpablo
Bench Warmer
And1: 124

Post#53 » by ptpablo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:35 pm

Jumped in this thread late. Do not know what is going down since I have no affiliation with the team. That being said... I am a bigger Noah fan today than ever. I am taking his side in all of the recent incidents. Going off on a coach is never good, but neither is sitting behind a coasting veteran who is getting entitlement minutes. I would be sick of the coaching staff too. It is two grown men having a conflct. This team needs more fire. The whole thing with Wallace is great. Noah is not afraid of this waste of 15M like everyone else in the organization. This team needs more of that as well. Noah will be the leader of this team soon. He is what this team needs. Noah is my new favorite on this team. He does not give a &%$#.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#54 » by Rerisen » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:36 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
I never thought about this before, but I really do feel its vets vs the youngsters on this team. And its starting to show. The team is divided. This team is done.

This is why I didn't like the player suspension from the get go. Because Wallace had no authority nor the respect to pull it off (even if Griffin was a leading voice as well).

You knew Noah would not stop being Noah and would not forget about it and go meekly under the dictates of these hypocrites. And as soon as he got a chance to take it back at Wallace (gee, it took 1 game for him to find ammo) he did it, right after the Bulls stunk it up. Noah also did have a double double on the night, while Wallace put in 4 pts and 3 rebs, and a appalling -28 for the Bulls with him on the floor.

This is why you don't let players discipline each other. It had the opposite effect of creating team unity, it fractured it further.

As far as young vs old, I'm not sure if that's the case in the locker room. Earlier in the year, the rumors were that the core guys were actually pushing to see more of Noah and Gray (and presumably Tyrus) and felt they had been performing well in practice and should get more of a chance.

It's just a shame guys like Deng, Kirk and Ben are so quiet and also having rather lackluster seasons, to where they don't have the confidence to show any leadership or possession of their team.
Shinky
RealGM

Post#55 » by Shinky » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:40 pm

I am hearing it was more than an argument. I am hearing it was a fist fight.
TB#1
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#56 » by TB#1 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:49 pm

Noah was just coming off a suspension that Wallace was instrumental in extending. The infraction was, apparently Noah cursing out Coach Adams by telling him "Don't **** talk to me about knowing about winning" or some such -- implying that Joakim knows what a winner is, coming off back to back campionships and most of the sad sacks around him don't.

Don't you wonder exactly what was said between Noah and Wallace?

I bet (hope) it was Noah saying something like:

"I **** get **** suspended because I blow my **** top because I'm **** frustrated by our **** not winning enough **** games and you, Mr **** 4 time **** DPOY are **** sitting on the **** bench **** tuning out the **** game and **** LAUGHING when we are **** getting our ***es kicked? And the rest of these **** Paxson "good character guys" are half-***ing the **** season away? Nobody on this **** team gives a **** and I'm the bad guy who gets **** suspended? Well **** you, Big, Bad Team Leader."
Shinky
RealGM

Post#57 » by Shinky » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:53 pm

Was Wallace one of the players that was laughing on the bench as we were getting our asses handed to us?
Shinky
RealGM

Post#58 » by Shinky » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:54 pm

Noah on the SCORE right now!
ptpablo
Bench Warmer
And1: 124

Post#59 » by ptpablo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:58 pm

This is what the team needed. I just heard Mike North call Wallace the biggest piece of crap in Bulls history, besides Eddie Robinson. I could not agree more. And Noah should reply like that to the coach if they are trying to make an example out of him. He has won more than that entire team. He is the only one that losing bothers him. I did not see the game last night but heard that they were laughing on the bench. I would get in the team's new leader (when it means punishing your replacement) grill too. Ben Wallace is an idiot. I am getting fired up! :evil:
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,367

Post#60 » by DASMACKDOWN » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:59 pm

Like I said before, we get blown out tonight, drastic changes will happen.

Its either Paxson will sell off our guys pennys to the dollar or go in full tank mode and cut his losses. Ie Starting Noah. Totally benching Wallace. Giving Tyrus and Gray plenty of playing time and playing Thabo in Duhon's place.
The Cult of Personality

Return to Chicago Bulls