Image ImageImage Image

Chicago Visitor's Guide

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,469

Re: Chicago Visitor's Guide 

Post#201 » by jnrjr79 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 6:38 pm

https://ridertools.metrarail.com/maps-schedules/train-lines/UP-N

This is where you can access the train schedule, in case you do want to try to get there via the Metra. Looks like that part of the travel is about 1h 20m on its own, FWIW, though the Metra is a pretty pleasant place to sit back and hang out.
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,625
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#202 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Tue Nov 7, 2023 6:41 pm

Thanks for the responses gentlemen. Sounds like I'll just drive and try to grab a parking spot on one of the sites that were recommended. Looks like Uber is going to be $100 per trip, and like jnrjr79 said, the public transit options are a little convoluted. Google maps says to expect 1-2 hours so I'll probably try to leave around 5pm (yay rush hour!) to give myself ample time.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,722

Post#203 » by madvillian » Tue Nov 7, 2023 6:51 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:https://ridertools.metrarail.com/maps-schedules/train-lines/UP-N

This is where you can access the train schedule, in case you do want to try to get there via the Metra. Looks like that part of the travel is about 1h 20m on its own, FWIW, though the Metra is a pretty pleasant place to sit back and hang out.

Yea my concern wasn't about safety so much as I remember trying to leave the game with my pops and just sitting in traffic for 30 minutes trying to get out of the area. Sounds like for an urban stadium the Bulls have it figured out pretty well now. Hey, at least they do that well for the fans.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,472

Post#204 » by Mk0 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 8:21 pm

Our trip was awesome. Caught the Garflied Conservatory, the Bean, Buckingham Fountain and Art Institute all on day 1!
But the highlight was the game. Section 102, Row 5, behind the Bulls bench!

And you guys aren't kidding about the lower section being full of corporate tickets. Good lord. There was 5 guys next to us who weren't even watching the game and the row behind us had some chump talking to his boss about work numbers and playing golf in Palm Springs (the entire damn game!)

And I thought Staples was bad..
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#205 » by GoBlue72391 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:03 am

Holy cow, this thread dates back to 2008. Ancient, but neat!

I go to a few games per season and I'll say for me I hate driving to the UC. Taking the train is much more convenient.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,472

Post#206 » by Mk0 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:38 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:Holy cow, this thread dates back to 2008. Ancient, but neat!

I go to a few games per season and I'll say for me I hate driving to the UC. Taking the train is much more convenient.

I bumped it from the last post in 2014! I wasn't sure what would still be relevant other than the staples and institutions but it worked out.

Ended up staying near the riverwalk which was great since we could walk down to the Bean/Art Institute/Buckingham Fountain and then north going around Streeterville/Magnificent Mile. I am in LA so it was nice being in a city with a real transit system.

The UC was a quick train ride as well as dinners around Fulton Market.
I think the farthest west we went was Garfield Park Conservatory, which was great.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel

Return to Chicago Bulls