Image ImageImage Image

If we must.... DENG TRADES (merging)

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

SabasRevenge!
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Re: If we must.... DENG TRADES 

Post#61 » by SabasRevenge! » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:14 am

I'd expect Outlaw or Webster to be shipped out for Deng along with Diogu or Frye.

IMO Webster and Frye make the most sense for Chicago because Webster is a big SG that can play SF well, he's still 21, a very good athlete, and he made some pretty significant strides on both sides of the ball last year. I'd like Frye staring over Gooden or Thomas. Frye is an adequate defender, an underrated defender, and has developed legitimate 3pt range this summer.

I'd also expect Portland to take Hughes back and give Chicago Lafrentz expiring deal and an '09 1st. I really don't think Fernandez or Bayless would be in the conversation.
Il_Devo
Junior
And1: 0

Portland pieces to choose from for Deng 

Post#62 » by Il_Devo » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:25 am

I see a lot of trade proposals for Deng involving Portland... and a lot of unrealistic ones (packages including Bayless)...

Obviously it would be nice for fans in Chicago if the Bulls and Luol Deng could come to an agreement, but in the worst-case-scenario that they don't, and a S&T deal has to happen, these are the (most likely) available pieces Chicago can choose from in a package for a re-signed Deng:

Raef LaFrentz ($13 million expiring contract)
Sergio Rodriguez
Petteri Koponen
Travis Outlaw (only 1 of Outlaw or Webster)
Martell Webster (only 1 of Outlaw or Webster)
Channing Frye
Ike Diogu

Players like Bayless, Fernandez, Roy, Aldridge, Oden, and to a lesser extent, Batum and Przybilla would be all untouchable in any such trade.

Chicago needs low post scoring really bad, and a trade I would suggest is Channing Frye, Sergio Rodriguez, and Raef Lafrentz for a resigned Deng ($12 mil/per) and someone like Thabo...

What would Chicago fans think of this?
fudgie
RealGM
And1: 701

Post#63 » by fudgie » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:25 am

Best offer we'd probably get is something like ....

Deng

for

Webster or Outlaw
09 1st rounder (something like top 10 protected) or Frye or Diogu (that's my order of preference)
LaFrentz

IMO this deal is garbage and we would get raped by doing this, however if it came down to either doing this or Deng taking the QO, I would do the deal.

Of course I would much rather give Deng the money he wants and if we do end up losing him I will never forgive Reinsdorf for it.
I'd always thought of propane as a dignified lady. But she can also be a dirty girl.
Il_Devo
Junior

Re: If we must.... DENG TRADES (merging) 

Post#64 » by Il_Devo » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:36 am

Channing Frye + Sergio Rodriguez + Raef LaFrentz + Martell Webster

For

Luol Deng + Nocioni

????
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,850

Re: Portland pieces to choose from for Deng 

Post#65 » by Ben » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:39 am

Il_Devo wrote:Chicago needs low post scoring really bad, and a trade I would suggest is Channing Frye, Sergio Rodriguez, and Raef Lafrentz for a resigned Deng ($12 mil/per) and someone like Thabo...

I generally agree with your breakdown of guys who're likely to be available, although I don't know why you include Przybilla on that list. But why would you suggest Channing Frye if we need low post scoring? He's a jump shooting big man; he shoots about twice as many mid-range jumpers as any other kind of shot. And he's pretty soft.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that he's terrible, but if we want low post scoring we have Drew Gooden for that.

I'm with those who will die inside if we don't re-sign Deng, but if we had to bite the bullet I would go for a package centered on Outlaw.
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,083
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#66 » by Clint Eastwood » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:45 am

Il_Devo wrote:I see a lot of trade proposals for Deng involving Portland... and a lot of unrealistic ones (packages including Bayless)...

Obviously it would be nice for fans in Chicago if the Bulls and Luol Deng could come to an agreement, but in the worst-case-scenario that they don't, and a S&T deal has to happen, these are the (most likely) available pieces Chicago can choose from in a package for a re-signed Deng:

Raef LaFrentz ($13 million expiring contract)
Sergio Rodriguez
Petteri Koponen
Travis Outlaw (only 1 of Outlaw or Webster)
Martell Webster (only 1 of Outlaw or Webster)
Channing Frye
Ike Diogu

Players like Bayless, Fernandez, Roy, Aldridge, Oden, and to a lesser extent, Batum and Przybilla would be all untouchable in any such trade.

Chicago needs low post scoring really bad, and a trade I would suggest is Channing Frye, Sergio Rodriguez, and Raef Lafrentz for a resigned Deng ($12 mil/per) and someone like Thabo...

What would Chicago fans think of this?

that is a joke. i wouldnt trade thabo for frye, sergio and raef. i wouldnt trade thabo for outlaw.

and rudy fernandez is the most overrated player on you board. it is comical. the guy has never played in the nba and he is untoucheable? for luol deng? when roy and bayless will be your starting guards of the future?

any trade of deng to portland would have to include either bayless or fernandez in addition to outlaw. a trade of deng and hughes for lafrenz, outlaw and fernandez is fair, and makes your team great. we get some good value, with a little salary relief, which your rich owner can afford. we have no incentive to trade deng as we could just keep him by paying him what you guys would in sign and trade. lineups after would be

then we sign and trade noah, hinrich, nocioni for okafor and filler

okafor/gooden
TT/gooden
outlaw/thabo
fernandez/gordon/thabo
rose /thabo

portland becomes
oden
aldridge
deng
roy
bayless

how portland could refuse this lineup, i dont know. they upgrade outlaw to the perfect slasher who doesnt need the ball in deng without giving up any extra pieces of their puzzle. fernandez is an unknown who hasnt even ever played for them.

we stay young and flexible, athletic and financially capable.
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
BullsIn20Ten
Freshman

Post#67 » by BullsIn20Ten » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:47 am

why do we all want to trade with the blazers???????????????????????

why not try to get rudy gay or iguodala

or trade with a team like seattle, memphis, or a **** team and try to get some first round picks cuz we r not going to make the playoffs this year
Il_Devo
Junior

Post#68 » by Il_Devo » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:47 am

Ben B. wrote:I generally agree with your breakdown of guys who're likely to be available, although I don't know why you include Przybilla on that list. But why would you suggest Channing Frye if we need low post scoring? He's a jump shooting big man; he shoots about twice as many mid-range jumpers as any other kind of shot. And he's pretty soft.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that he's terrible, but if we want low post scoring we have Drew Gooden for that.

I'm with those who will die inside if we don't re-sign Deng, but if we had to bite the bullet I would go for a package centered on Outlaw.

I included Przybilla to a lesser extent on the "untouchable" list because he is Portland's only true backup center to Greg Oden... If Oden isnt fully healthy, or if he fouls out a lot, then who takes his place? Channing Frye? Thats why if Frye gets traded to Chicago, then Przybilla has to stay in PDX.

I would most definitely part with Outlaw in return for Deng if possible.
Il_Devo
Junior

Post#69 » by Il_Devo » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:54 am

Clint Eastwood wrote:i wouldnt trade thabo for outlaw.

WOW.... just wow. You are entitled to your opinion as a Bulls fan, but wow... I don't think many of your fellow Bulls fans would agree with you on that.

As for Rudy Fernandez, he is the best player in Europe right now and Portland management went through A LOT to bring him over this year. I dont think they will part with him that easily right now after all the trouble, regardless if he is being overrated or not.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#70 » by Leto » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:55 am

Il_Devo wrote:
Ben B. wrote:I generally agree with your breakdown of guys who're likely to be available, although I don't know why you include Przybilla on that list. But why would you suggest Channing Frye if we need low post scoring? He's a jump shooting big man; he shoots about twice as many mid-range jumpers as any other kind of shot. And he's pretty soft.

I included Przybilla to a lesser extent on the "untouchable" list because he is Portland's only true backup center to Greg Oden... If Oden isnt fully healthy, or if he fouls out a lot, then who takes his place? Channing Frye? Thats why if Frye gets traded to Chicago, then Przybilla has to stay in PDX.

I would most definitely part with Outlaw in return for Deng if possible.

I wouldn't traade Deng for those guys and I doubt the Bulls FO would either. Deng has indicated he wants to stay in Chicago so if the salray is 12 mill, I think the Bulls would just pay Deng the 12 mil.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#71 » by JD45 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:04 am

dougthonus wrote:
Bayless has signed his rookie contract, so can't be traded until December. So he is not a possible trading chip for Deng.

For free agent's it's december.

For rookies it's 30 days. So Bayless can't be traded until August 8th. However, a trade could easily be agreed to and made official on that day.

You are right. I stand corrected.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#72 » by Hangtime84 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:07 am

BullsIn20Ten wrote:why do we all want to trade with the blazers???????????????????????

why not try to get rudy gay or iguodala

or trade with a team like seattle, memphis, or a **** team and try to get some first round picks cuz we r not going to make the playoffs this year

I'm with u on why trade with the blazers. Sounds fun making a team a dynasty. Then a portland fan came here and posted his thoughts, but were completely ignored :evil:
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
The ROY
Lead Assistant

Post#73 » by The ROY » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:10 am

I'm hoping we can work something out for Okafor...

I knew something was gonna happen this offseason.
BullsIn20Ten
Freshman

Post#74 » by BullsIn20Ten » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:17 am

i wanna work for okafor too but i doubt that will happen... we'l see
Rose is the next big thing. Just wait...
WAYSA
Banned User

Post#75 » by WAYSA » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:22 am

I would rather blatantly tank and build around Rose after this season than do any of those trades.
whodey
Starter
And1: 169

Post#76 » by whodey » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:04 am

I would try a S&T Deng 5 yrs 60 mil, Hinrich 10.25, Nichols .8, Gray .75 for Iguodola 5yr 60 mil, A. Miller 10.33, J Smith 1.3,

This deal gets us an expiring deal in Miller and gives us a short gap for Rose as he learns the NBA.

Miller / Rose
Gordon / Sef
Iguodola / Noc
Gooden/ Thomas
Noah / J Smith

I'm ready to roll on that lineup.

Hinrich
Green
Deng / Young
Brand
Dalembert /
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,068

Post#77 » by Chi town » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:13 am

JR would rather OVERPAY for Deng then S&T him for less valuable players equivalent to the same price as Deng.

Why would JR not pay Deng and Gordon and then go ahead and OVERPAY for Okafor???

Won't happen!
step
Lead Assistant
And1: 466

Post#78 » by step » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:15 am

I would try a S&T Deng 5 yrs 60 mil, Hinrich 10.25, Nichols .8, Gray .75 for Iguodola 5yr 60 mil, A. Miller 10.33, J Smith 1.3,
I've made the same mistake before. The two BYC deals won't cancel each other out and you will need more salary to make the deal work.

Chicago Outgoing: $17.8M (Deng's salary is 50%, so $6M).
Chicago Incoming: $23.63M
The ROY
Lead Assistant

Post#79 » by The ROY » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:22 am

Chi town wrote:JR would rather OVERPAY for Deng then S&T him for less valuable players equivalent to the same price as Deng.

Why would JR not pay Deng and Gordon and then go ahead and OVERPAY for Okafor???

Won't happen!

Why? Because

6-10/6-11 Young, Double Double averaging, Post Presence C/PF's >>>>>> Tweener guards and 3rd tier SF's...

I'd glady give Okafor 14 mill
atown hawks
Banned User

Post#80 » by atown hawks » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:26 am

Both the Hawks and the Bulls are in a predicament pertaining to their RFA's. With Deng threatning to take the one-year deal and leave if a agreement isn't reached by aug. 4. Then Childress threatning to bolt to Europe if a SnT isnt reached. Why not swap?

Hawks trade:
Josh Childress (4yr/26mil)
Marvin Williams

Bulls trade:
Luol Deng (4yr/45mil)
Thabo Sefolosha

Bulls:
This is definetly a trade paxson looks at the idea of giving a young learning pg like a Rose one of the best cutters maybe in the league (chillz) is something that can really help Rose throughout his first season. Then you get a Marvin williams who still has potential to be a good player and can probably be a starter next to Ben Gordan next year. I think this trades helps the team move on, because with such a class act like Deng is for him to start to be nuisance must mean the relationship is pretty damaged
ImageImage

Return to Chicago Bulls