Image ImageImage Image

Blazers board: Blazers in talks with East team for PG and SF

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Re: Blazers board: Blazers in talks with East team for PG and SF 

Post#41 » by kyrv » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:56 pm

AirP. wrote:
kyrv wrote:If Noc just played SF, just guarded his guy, mostly shot open three's, I think he would be a nice addition to that team. Offensively, he's actually a better fit than Deng (not defensively of course).

Kirk I think would be a great fit there.

I would prefer Bayless or Sergio to Outlaw - isn't Outlaw a combo forward, mostly SF? We have Deng...if Deng were traded getting Outlaw back and Bayless or Sergio works for me. :o

Exactly... if Nocioni just played SF... but for Chicago he's playing out of position at PF. If you want a 1 on 1 defender to piss off the other team's SF, he's the man for the job and he can stretch the defense with his long range shooting. Chicago's problem.. they just signed Deng long term and it doesn't make sense to have 2 sizable contracts at SF... unless for us one could play some SG which neither really can't.

I have also noticed here and with Argentina, Noc, to me, can make a good team good, but he can make a bad team worse. On bad teams he's all over the map, on good teams he seems to find his niche.

If Deng was traded, I would be okay with Noc at SF and Thabo at SG/SF with the above constraints.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#42 » by theanimal23 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:57 pm

The ROY wrote:Sounds like Gerald Wallace and Raymond Felton....

Being that both have been available for a while, makes me think so. That said, Quick reported that PTL has talked to this team in the past. Thats what I want to know... have they talked to CHA?
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#43 » by boogydown » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 am

Rudy is very overrated. The guy is the same age as Deng, shoots 42% FG, and is barely clipping the 10PPG game mark. He may not even be a solution for us long term at SG, so why move two starters for maybe one? It's to much of a risk, he could be very good someday, but he also may be average. We have 4 SG's as is, 1 average, 1 that could be average, and 2 starters.

Now if we moved Hinrich + Nocioni, I'd take a deal involving LaFrentz, Outlaw, and Sergio would make sense. I'd only do this deal because it cleans up our team completely. Letting Outlaw go would be the way to go, and of course LaFrentz and Sergio expire. This deal clogs up all jambs, and Portland would have Blake expire.

Possible deals with Hinrich + Nocioni
Hinrich + Nocioni FOR LaFrentz + Outlaw + Sergio
Hinrich + Nocioni FOR Joel + Outlaw + Blake + Diogu
Hinrich + Nocioni + Gooden FOR Joel + LaFrentz + Outlaw + Sergio
Hinrich + Nocioni + Gooden + Noah FOR Joel + LaFrentz + Outlaw + Sergio + Pick
and many more.

Now people can clearly see the past 9 games Deng has not lost it returning from his injury, he is just trying to fit into Chicago's new system. Like Iggy, he started off bad, and now his value should be up.

18 PPG - 9 RPG - 55% FG - 2 SPG

Those are Deng like numbers, and hopefully he can go beyond that in the future.

Possible deals with Hinrch + Deng are going to have to include at least one star coming back, possibly 2. Since Portland's key 3 are off tables, Oden, LA, and Roy, the only ones that could possibly bring back involve Rudy, and Bayless as the remaining ones I cannot possibly see being long term starters in Portland. This leaves minimal options, as a deal would have to involve

Hinrich + Deng FOR Bayless + Outlaw + Rudy + LaFrentz
or
Hinrich + Deng + Gooden + Ruffin FOR Bayless + Outlaw + Rudy + LaFrentz + Diogu + Fyre

I cannot see this deal happening. Portland fans may say no way to this, but if Rudy can become the player Deng is, then great but it's a risk, and only a possibility. As well, how long is Rudy really going to want to come off the bench in Portland? He will need to start and Roy cannot take the ball down the court all the time for him when he is your key scorer. Rudy is eventually going to be moved. As for Bayless, he is young and has a lot of potential. He is a scoring guard, and I am not sure how long it will be before he can start, but it sounds like it could be a few years.

In the end, I think Hinrich + Nocioni seems likely especially due to Deng's BYC. With Deng improving, I still do not see Paxson moving a guy he just signed. Nocioni brings energy off the bench Portland would love to have, and pretty much does everything from stretching Portlands offense as he is our #2 3PT shooter, to grabbing boards. A lineup of Hinrich + Roy with Rudy and Bayless alongside Nocioni + LA + Oden could be deadline for years, assuming Batum can develop, and you can get yourself a long term PF/C.
kyrv
RealGM

Post#44 » by kyrv » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 am

That seems more likely.
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#45 » by jax98 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:02 am

What do we know?

1. The Blazers package does not involve one of their starters

2. They're looking to receive both a PG and a SF - of decent quality most likely

How does that equal Luol Deng in any possible scenario? It's absolutely ridiculous to assume Luol is involved. Ridiculous I say!
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,907

Post#46 » by AirP. » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:05 am

If Wallace wasn't in the hospital with a collapsed lung from Monday night's game.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,907

Post#47 » by AirP. » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:06 am

kyrv wrote:
AirP. wrote:
kyrv wrote:If Noc just played SF, just guarded his guy, mostly shot open three's, I think he would be a nice addition to that team. Offensively, he's actually a better fit than Deng (not defensively of course).

Kirk I think would be a great fit there.

I would prefer Bayless or Sergio to Outlaw - isn't Outlaw a combo forward, mostly SF? We have Deng...if Deng were traded getting Outlaw back and Bayless or Sergio works for me. :o

Exactly... if Nocioni just played SF... but for Chicago he's playing out of position at PF. If you want a 1 on 1 defender to piss off the other team's SF, he's the man for the job and he can stretch the defense with his long range shooting. Chicago's problem.. they just signed Deng long term and it doesn't make sense to have 2 sizable contracts at SF... unless for us one could play some SG which neither really can't.

I have also noticed here and with Argentina, Noc, to me, can make a good team good, but he can make a bad team worse. On bad teams he's all over the map, on good teams he seems to find his niche.

If Deng was traded, I would be okay with Noc at SF and Thabo at SG/SF with the above constraints.

I'd be ok with Nocioni starting at SF. More range and doesn't disappear in the 4th quarter but I absolutely hate him being an undersized PF.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#48 » by theanimal23 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:06 am

Wallace also is injured. Serious injury. Could keep a lot of teams from even trading for him this trade dealine.
boogydown
Banned User

Post#49 » by boogydown » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:07 am

Hinrich plays SG here now, so he is simply playing the role at hopefully guiding this team as literally he is the leader in Chicago trying to hash out this mess. Hinrich IQ, 3PT Shooting, Defense, and Leadership starting in Kansas makes him a complete upgrade offensively, and defensively where Blake is on the same level in a few spots with Hinrich. People keep comparing Hinrich to last season, plug Hinrich into Blakes spot with his minutes, you will start to see Hinrich's old game back even though Portland doesn't need his offense, they need his ability to stretch the offense, and help Roy on D to expand his offensive game.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#50 » by Red Larrivee » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:09 am

AirP. wrote:

If Wallace wasn't in the hospital with a collapsed lung from Monday night's game.

Don't forget Charlotte has been a little reluctant to move Felton with Augustin sidelined. But if they could get Sergio back in the package, they'd still be fine.
kyrv
RealGM

Post#51 » by kyrv » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:12 am

AirP. wrote:
I'd be ok with Nocioni starting at SF. More range and doesn't disappear in the 4th quarter but I absolutely hate him being an undersized PF.

Ditto. For some reason I felt that might not happen this year.

Sign me gullible.
Hummm
Senior
And1: 24

Post#52 » by Hummm » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:12 am

How does Deng's BYC status affect a trade?
BULLS4LIFE2
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#53 » by BULLS4LIFE2 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:14 am

Portland general manager Kevin Pritchard isn't a fan of making trades during the season, and it appears as though the Blazers are unlikely to make a move before this season's deadline.

"Doing a deal during the season, there are risks where the fits aren't good," Kevin Pritchard told HoopsWorld.

"If you get a guy during the summer, he has the whole training camp, the summer and he has to get comfortable. So there is a certain element of risk in doing things during the season. You do a lot of your work to allow your coach to have as much success as he possibly can."
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#54 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:17 am

Hummm wrote:How does Deng's BYC status affect a trade?

It'll fit if a LOT of salary is involved....

try any trade in Trade Checker - it accounts for the BYC
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
Bergy
Pro Prospect
And1: 22

Post#55 » by Bergy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:19 am

Can we trade for Miles contract? I mean it is back on their payroll.
Tri_N
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#56 » by Tri_N » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:19 am

If Paxson unloads both Nocioni and Hinrich, I am willing to extend his term here by another year. Here are the following trades that I can think of:

1) Hinrich, Nocioni, and filler for LaFrentz, Rudy Fernandez, and a first rounder

2) Hinrich, Nocioni, and filler for LaFrentz, Rudy Fernandez, and Bayless

As long as Deng stays on this team, I want nothing of Outlaw.
boogydown
Banned User

Post#57 » by boogydown » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:20 am

Morten Jensen wrote:What do we know?

1. The Blazers package does not involve one of their starters

2. They're looking to receive both a PG and a SF - of decent quality most likely

How does that equal Luol Deng in any possible scenario? It's absolutely ridiculous to assume Luol is involved. Ridiculous I say!

Why would Charlotte do a deal getting rid of two starters in exchange for none? Felton also expires this season, so they could just lose him this offseason. I really cannot see Charlotte being an option, especially with Wallace recently hurt. Portland would need to give up at least Rudy in a deal involving Wallace + Felton.
Chewie
Lead Assistant
And1: 336

Post#58 » by Chewie » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:22 am

kulaz3000 wrote:I proposed on the Blazers board the following:

Deng + Kirk + Noce for LaFrentz + Rudy + Outlaw + Blake

Oden/Priyz
Aldridge/Noce
Deng/Noce/Batum
Roy/Kirk/Bayless
Kirk/Bayless/Sergio

For us, it's a lot less appealing, but the point is that we'd get rid of Deng, Kirk and Noce's contract. And the hopes that Rudy develops next to Rose.

Rose/Blake
Gordon/Rudy
Outlaw/Thabo
Tyrus/Outlaw
Noah/Gray

Isn't a sexy line-up that's for sure, but how much worse are we than we are now? I would say not all that much.

I actually like this proposal kulaz but, of course, I'm not Deng's biggest fan. You're pitching the long term effects as a positive for the Bulls but I think even the immediate lineup looks better to me. And, weren't we supposed to be an up-tempo team coming into the season? Blake and Outlaw fit that style better than what's we have going out, IMO. Your lineup excludes Gooden, too - I assume he'll be back at some point....
Turn down for what?
treis
RealGM
And1: 60

Post#59 » by treis » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:22 am

Red Larrivee wrote:
AirP. wrote:

Don't forget Charlotte has been a little reluctant to move Felton with Augustin sidelined. But if they could get Sergio back in the package, they'd still be fine.

How so? Sergio is awful. Having him as your starter would be incredibly bad. It's only a small step up from getting a D-league guy.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,759

Post#60 » by dougthonus » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:23 am

It'll fit if a LOT of salary is involved....

try any trade in Trade Checker - it accounts for the BYC

Trade exception makes it fairly easy to get around BYC without ramping up salary.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls