Image ImageImage Image

Blazers board: Blazers in talks with East team for PG and SF

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Sonny_D1
Lead Assistant
And1: 218

Re: Blazers board: Blazers in talks with East team for PG and SF 

Post#421 » by Sonny_D1 » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:32 pm

Il_Devo wrote:WOW! Im a Blazer fan and I cant believe this thread has gone on for this many pages on a BULLS board, and its a topic concerning the Blazers.

Let me tell you, from a Blazer perspective, if this deal involves the Bulls in any way, it will DEFINITELY 100% be for Hinrich and Deng.

I think we stopped talking about the trade pages ago..... :D
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#422 » by kyrv » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:35 pm

Sonny_D1 wrote:
I'm not sure what you're asking. Mickael Pietrus last week had a game with a line of 27 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, 3 three pointers on 8/13 shooting (62%). If that was the only game you'd ever seen of Mickael, you could argue that he's one of the best players in the NBA.

Edit add: BTW, read Ben's comment above and you'll understand why I even brought up the fact that I watched those games. Perhaps your question should be directed elsewhere then?

First, if my question was confrontational, which maybe it was, never mind, I withdraw it.

On Pietrus, if I only saw one game, I would look at his numbers. I would find he doesn't average anything close to those numbers, and that this game was the exception rather than the rule.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#423 » by Leto » Sun Feb 1, 2009 10:53 pm

Il_Devo wrote:WOW! Im a Blazer fan and I cant believe this thread has gone on for this many pages on a BULLS board, and its a topic concerning the Blazers.

Let me tell you, from a Blazer perspective, if this deal involves the Bulls in any way, it will DEFINITELY 100% be for Hinrich and Deng. Sorry, but no way would Portland ever take on Nocioni's contract, ever. The main piece in the trade that pushes the Blazers closer to "contention" would obviously be Deng.

And let me tell you from a Bulls perspective. There is absolutly 100% NO WAY Deng gets traded to the Blazers unless Brandon Roy or LA is coming back to the Bulls.

Hinrich is a lateral move for the Blazers. We already have Steve Blake who has a better outside shot than Hinrich but less defense, and he also costs $6 million less and has a team option for next season.

I keep hearing that from Blazer fans and it has little or no credibility, IMO. This is because its already been reported that Blazers are looking for another PG. That means they don't think Blake nor Bayless or anyone else on the Blazers is sufficient to play that position. Hinrich is NOT a lateral move. He's a significant upgrade. You won't be getting him for your bench players unless they're named Pryzbilla.

Nocioni is 29 years old and makes $8 million + for the next 5 years and he has no inside game at all. Blazers already have Batum, Webster, and Outlaw who are all under 25 years old who play SF and all three combined cost the same as Nocioni. And they all can play inside and can play defense.

Nocioni is a banger who actually rebounds the ball, brings toughness (both of which Portland's SFs don't do) and three point shooting. No matter what you think of him, he's better than any SF on the Blazers squad.

So really, the only upgrade the Blazers would get from Chicago in any deal would be DENG: a more consistent 3rd scoring option to take pressure off Roy and Aldridge, not only in the front court, but from the wing as well.

If you want Deng, you'll need to send Roy. Sorry, but you can take Deng out of every scenario save for Roy coming to Chicago.

Sorry guys, but you can take Nocioni out of every scenario... it isnt happening. And for those who think Deng wont happen either.... well you're not the owner paying him $4 million+ more a year than he is actually worth. This is a bad economy for cheap owners who dont have $30 BILLION like others do...

Sorry, but you won't be getting Deng. The "owner" just paid 12 mil per year to sign Deng about 3 months ago. Your "theory" is as faulty as you thinking you can get Deng for a bunch of scrubs. BTW, Deng shot over 50% from the floor, scoring 17.5 ppg in January with 8.5 rebs from the SF spot. You're darn right he's worth his contract and you guys wouldn't be drooling over him if he wern't.
Il_Devo
Junior
And1: 0

Post#424 » by Il_Devo » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:29 am

Leto wrote:If you want Deng, you'll need to send Roy. Sorry, but you can take Deng out of every scenario save for Roy coming to Chicago.

LOL @ Deng having equal value to Brandon Roy!

Is Deng a TOP 10 player in the league?

Is Deng a multiple All-Star?

Is Deng a TOP 3 player at his position?

Is Deng the leader and face of a franchise?

You may as well think NOCIONI will get you LeBron James in a trade.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#425 » by Leto » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:32 am

Il_Devo wrote:
Leto wrote:If you want Deng, you'll need to send Roy. Sorry, but you can take Deng out of every scenario save for Roy coming to Chicago.

You may as well think NOCIONI will get you LeBron James in a trade.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

YEAH!!! Its almost as stupid as you thinking you can get Deng for Outlaw and an expiring.
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,081
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#426 » by Clint Eastwood » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:46 am

Il_Devo wrote:

he never said they have equal value. and i disagree with him, if you give us oden, i can include deng in some form of deal...
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
beofilfurnand
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#427 » by beofilfurnand » Thu Dec 2, 2010 6:54 am

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful information....
step
Lead Assistant
And1: 465

Post#428 » by step » Thu Dec 2, 2010 6:58 am

beofilfurnand wrote:Thanks for sharing such a wonderful information....

Why bump this?
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#429 » by HomoSapien » Thu Dec 2, 2010 7:17 am

Do not bump old threads.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.

Return to Chicago Bulls