Image ImageImage Image

Blazers board: Blazers in talks with East team for PG and SF

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Re: Blazers board: Blazers in talks with East team for PG and SF 

Post#61 » by boogydown » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:25 am

Tri_N wrote:If Paxson unloads both Nocioni and Hinrich, I am willing to extend his term here by another year. Here are the following trades that I can think of:

1) Hinrich, Nocioni, and filler for LaFrentz, Rudy Fernandez, and a first rounder

2) Hinrich, Nocioni, and filler for LaFrentz, Rudy Fernandez, and Bayless

As long as Deng stays on this team, I want nothing of Outlaw.

Yeah I don't think Portland is happy about moving their future bench in a 19 and 23 year old for veterans. Like it or not, Outlaw is a scrub and Paxson more than likely would not sign him. We'd gain nothing from this trade, but we would clean up our mess and have cap space to sign Gordon, and another player in 09 and 10. If Rudy is involved, we'd have to give up another key piece such as a pick with the deal as I could not see Portland moving Rudy with LaFrentz, Diogu, and Fyre.

Portland wants to move Sergio, LaFrentz, and Outlaw, that is all we should expect.
Slackerr
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#62 » by Slackerr » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:28 am

Tri_N wrote:If Paxson unloads both Nocioni and Hinrich, I am willing to extend his term here by another year. Here are the following trades that I can think of:

1) Hinrich, Nocioni, and filler for LaFrentz, Rudy Fernandez, and a first rounder

2) Hinrich, Nocioni, and filler for LaFrentz, Rudy Fernandez, and Bayless

As long as Deng stays on this team, I want nothing of Outlaw.

I doubt they give up that much for Noc and Hinrich. Personally, I think if they were to do such a trade, it'd be along the lines of Hinrich and Noc and Simmons for LaFrentz and Outlaw and Diogu.
boogydown
Banned User

Post#63 » by boogydown » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:30 am

BULLS4LIFE2 wrote:Portland general manager Kevin Pritchard isn't a fan of making trades during the season, and it appears as though the Blazers are unlikely to make a move before this season's deadline.

"Doing a deal during the season, there are risks where the fits aren't good," Kevin Pritchard told HoopsWorld.

"If you get a guy during the summer, he has the whole training camp, the summer and he has to get comfortable. So there is a certain element of risk in doing things during the season. You do a lot of your work to allow your coach to have as much success as he possibly can."

They wait until offseason, and LaFrentz contract expires. Now they have no contracts that can net them a PG or SF in the offseason.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#64 » by Red Larrivee » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:31 am

boogydown wrote:Portland wants to move Sergio, LaFrentz, and Outlaw, that is all we should expect.

I think you can add Bayless to that group as well, and it's pretty much legit. Rudy just isn't coming.
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#65 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:33 am

dougthonus wrote:
It'll fit if a LOT of salary is involved....

try any trade in Trade Checker - it accounts for the BYC

Trade exception makes it fairly easy to get around BYC without ramping up salary.

True - but Bulls are $108,000 from lux tax... using that Trade Exception could push them over.

TE allows them to absorb salary - they would have to be very careful. Then again, there is mandel & he can find a way!
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
boogydown
Banned User

Post#66 » by boogydown » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:34 am

Red Larrivee wrote:
boogydown wrote:Portland wants to move Sergio, LaFrentz, and Outlaw, that is all we should expect.

I think you can add Bayless to that group as well, and it's pretty much legit. Rudy just isn't coming.

Maybe but I would expect we need to throw them something else. Maybe Gooden for Diogu/Fyre swap, or send Omar back, maybe another 2nd round pick.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#67 » by theanimal23 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:34 am

kulaz3000 wrote:http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=875965&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Quick: Blazers in talks with East team for PG and SF
by Spykes on Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:34 pm

Quick talked about trade rumors that he's hearing that aren't in the media yet. He said the Blazers are talking to 2 teams right now. One is a minor deal with a Western Conference team that doesn't look like it'll get done. The other is a very serious deal with an Eastern team that the Blazers have had conversations with in the past that would bring a PG and a SF back that could push the Blazers into championship contention. The deal would involve Raef's contract and 2 players in the Blazers rotation, but no starters would be involved.

Thoughts about what team that might be?

Rotation but not Starters:
Outlaw
Fernandez
Blake
Pryzbilla
Sergio
Bayless

Blazers are receiving a PG, which indicates to me that they would likely deal Blake if it's a guy they have been high on in the past (ie Kirk).

Bayless isn't really a big part of their rotation. Out.

Pryzbilla: Out if they deal LaFrentz. They need some size while Oden is learning.

If Blake goes, Sergio is out IMO.

Leaves us two choices: Outlaw and Fernandez. Comes down to one thing IMO: How high do they value the two guys coming in? If they really think it puts them in *title* contention, they would give up Fernandez IMO. If they believe these two guys puts them in the playoffs, I see Outlaw being shipped. Especially since Outlaw could potentially be redundant with the incoming SF. Say its Kirk and Noce, Fernandez can play with either Roy and Kirk. It won't be an issue. Outlaw and Roy doens't work well since Outlaw is more PF than SG.

Teams in the East they have talked to and bring in a combo SF/SG that puts them into contention:

Boston: Not trading

NJ: Harris Staying

Philly: Miller and Iggy potentially. Depends on what direction they potentially choose: Brand or Iggy. But I don't believe there has been trade talk here in the past between the two.

Toronto: Not trading Calderon.

Knicks: No trade assets for PTL (SF/PG).

Bulls: Kirk, Noce

CLE: Nothing

Det: Nothing likely. Perhaps a deal for AI, but nothing really indicates Pistons here.

Indiana: They won't trade for Jack. I doubt Dunleavy and Ford are going anywhere.

Bucks: Jefferson and Sessions/Ridnour could happen.

Atlanta - Doing well, why make a deal?. Bibby is staying. Marvin Williams doesn't have the proven success to make you think contention.

Bobcats: Injury to Wallace could hamper any potential deal.

Miami: Marion and who?

Orlando: Not happening

Washington: I doubt it.

IMO its Chicago or Milwaukee, with Charlotte (injuries) and Atlanta (finances/ownership) being the outside teams.

If we have no intent in resigning Gordon but can turn Noce and Kirk into Raef, Blake, and Rudy, I would be estatic about this deal. But I think it'll be Outlaw, and I'm fine with that.
girlygirl
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#68 » by girlygirl » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:34 am

Considering that there have been a fair amount of rumors about Wallace and Felton being traded, I would lean toward the Bobcats as being the actual answer. I know Charlotte wants to try and hold onto Felton until Augustin returns (in 7-10 days supposedly), and now Wallace is out with his injury. So if this IS the deal, I would think it won't go down until Augustin and Wallace are healthier.

The only obvious choice as to who the Eastern Conference could be is the Bulls...
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#69 » by jax98 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:37 am

boogydown wrote:Why would Charlotte do a deal getting rid of two starters in exchange for none? Felton also expires this season, so they could just lose him this offseason. I really cannot see Charlotte being an option, especially with Wallace recently hurt. Portland would need to give up at least Rudy in a deal involving Wallace + Felton.

I didn't even mention Charlotte........
boogydown
Banned User

Post#70 » by boogydown » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:37 am

I forgot about the Bucks. That is a likely deal, but can Portland really have Sessions bring the ball down the court. I'd think Roy would be better than Sessions.
boogydown
Banned User

Post#71 » by boogydown » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:39 am

Morten Jensen wrote:
boogydown wrote:Why would Charlotte do a deal getting rid of two starters in exchange for none? Felton also expires this season, so they could just lose him this offseason. I really cannot see Charlotte being an option, especially with Wallace recently hurt. Portland would need to give up at least Rudy in a deal involving Wallace + Felton.

I didn't even mention Charlotte........

I was quoting someone else and accidentally clicked yours.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,317

Post#72 » by coldfish » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:39 am

bullzman23 wrote:They're going to be in for a rude awakening when they wake up with Nocioni on their team...

Best post in the thread. People can have their issues with Deng all day, and at times they are right. That being said, the concept that Deng will be unloaded for expirings by John Paxson is laughable beyond comprehension.
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#73 » by jax98 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:41 am

boogydown wrote:
I was quoting someone else and accidentally clicked yours.

Arh.

Regardless, the fact that Portland isn't giving up a starter definitely doesn't scream Deng or Gerald Wallace. Or even Felton. It's a very valid point we're both raising ;)
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,760

Post#74 » by dougthonus » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:42 am

True - but Bulls are $108,000 from lux tax... using that Trade Exception could push them over.

TE allows them to absorb salary - they would have to be very careful. Then again, there is mandel & he can find a way!

Or it may not force them to absorb salary. If they didn't have the TE they'd have to send out WAY more salary than they took back, the TE just allows it to be roughly even. They could still easily work something with the TE that doesn't send out more.

However, since Hinrich is the other guy involved it almost doesn't matter.

LaFrentz + Outlaw + Rodriguez (or Fernandez or Bayless) for Kirk + Deng all work (though Bayless requires the TE) and all keep the Bulls under the tax.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#75 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:43 am

coldfish wrote:
bullzman23 wrote:They're going to be in for a rude awakening when they wake up with Nocioni on their team...

Best post in the thread. People can have their issues with Deng all day, and at times they are right. That being said, the concept that Deng will be unloaded for expirings by John Paxson is laughable beyond comprehension.

I just cant see Johnny trading Deng. He just seems to love & admire him for some reason

Nocioni will be centerpiece of a trade - maybe Thabo

Hinrich is logical - but Kirk is another Pax favorite so i'm not betting
- -- Chinese proverb
theanimal23
RealGM

Post#76 » by theanimal23 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:46 am

Regarding Chicago, it makes no sense if it is us talking to Portland that it's not Nocioni and Hinrich.

1. Gordon can veto
2. Deng is better than Nocioni, we aren't receving a starter, Deng is still much better than Noce, and I don't see the team giving up on him 6 months later.

With my post re: who Portland made available, if its us, the basis of the deal will be Hinrich and Nocioni for LaFrentz, Blake, and Outlaw/Rudy IMO. I don't see Sergio coming over. Portland probably won't pay to have Kirk and Blake on the team togther. And Kirk can handle 35 mpg.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,760

Post#77 » by dougthonus » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:46 am

I just cant see Johnny trading Deng. He just seems to love & admire him for some reason

Well if you pair it with this rumor, it has to be Kirk, since it's a PG and a SF. I doubt the rumor implies us though, not unless the SF is Deng (or else someone is really reaching thinking that Hinrich + Noc gets them to title contender).
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
theanimal23
RealGM

Post#78 » by theanimal23 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:47 am

Tommy Udo 6 wrote:
coldfish wrote:

Thabo isn't a PG though.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#79 » by DanTown8587 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:48 am

You know if we do Hinrich+Noce for Outlaw+Rodriguez+LaFrentz

we could send LaFrentz+#1 2009 to Philly for Brand (if they want expiring+first round)

and Thomas+Gooden for Camby

Rose/Rodriguez
Gordon/Sefalosha
Deng/Outlaw
Brand/Noah
Camby/Noah
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#80 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:50 am

Right - if the Bulls are the team - and I do NOT think they are - it must be Hinrich & nocioni

Larry brown loves trading - and that hardly is the case with paxson.....
- -- Chinese proverb

Return to Chicago Bulls