Image ImageImage Image

The Tyrus Thomas sequence

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

The Tyrus Thomas sequence 

Post#1 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 5:43 am

Why so serious?
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Re: The Tyrus Thomas sequence 

Post#2 » by SportsWorld » Thu Feb 5, 2009 5:43 am

"Get in the weight room James Posey" -Stacey King
SephCast
Bench Warmer
And1: 95

Post#3 » by SephCast » Thu Feb 5, 2009 5:55 am

That last one is hilarious.
jStuNNa
Head Coach
And1: 548

Post#4 » by jStuNNa » Thu Feb 5, 2009 5:59 am

Tyrus was right .. he did get fouled on that dunk.
jcuuofd
Analyst
And1: 511

Post#5 » by jcuuofd » Thu Feb 5, 2009 6:08 am

Tyrus is playing so well because everyone on the team is beginninh to givr good passes and alley-oops to him.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#6 » by madvillian » Thu Feb 5, 2009 6:20 am

that's excellent. Tyrus is playing very well lately. He's embracing the role of a 4 and his game is responding. He is grabbing quite a few offensive rebounds and blocking shots while not goaltending too much.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Tommy Turtle
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#7 » by Tommy Turtle » Thu Feb 5, 2009 6:26 am

Tyrus is as old as a college senior. Tyrus got his nose broken by a thug in his first NBA game. Tyrus has 2 1/2 years of stunted growth under 3 coaches. Tyrus now knows he belongs.

Paxson knew what he was doing. Tyrus and Noah are good young players. MJ (GOAT) did not win until his seventh year. Pippen and Grant were good young players that made mistakes. Give them some time instead of trying to trade them for crap.

I remember outrage from Bull's fans for replacing Doug Collins for Phil Jackson. (No head coaching experience in the NBA). How did that work?
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#8 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 6:32 am

Watching Tyrus and Noah develop with solid minutes, and not having Gooden or anyone else interfering with their minutes is really helping their game out, and also their confidence, because they don't have to look over their shoulders when they make mistakes.

This period reminds of when Tyson and Curry putting together good games, when we just let them go and allowed them to play through their mistakes. Brings a smile to my face.

But if we get a player like Bosh or Amare, I'll ship them in a second!
Why so serious?
Tommy Turtle
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#9 » by Tommy Turtle » Thu Feb 5, 2009 6:35 am

That's the thug that broke his nose!
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#10 » by Payt10 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 7:15 am

Tyrus is becoming a beast on the defensive end. If he can have games where he gets 3 or 4 dunks a night with a jumper and free throws he will be just fine. I'm more worried about him being a consistent rebounder and defender than I am his offense. His O will be predicated on how well Derrick makes him in the future. I predicted he'd become a more skilled Tyson Chandler on offense as Rose is like a Chris Paul.
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
ChicagoChris
Junior
And1: 20

Post#11 » by ChicagoChris » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:02 pm

is there a vid? i got nothing.
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,131

Post#12 » by molepharmer » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:25 pm

I know this isn't the same dunk, but I never did understand why they took that one dunk away from him. Something about being in the rim for his second attempt (an offensive goaltending), at least that's what they said - I just never saw that.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#13 » by Cliff Levingston » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:30 pm

Tommy Turtle wrote:Tyrus is as old as a college senior. Tyrus got his nose broken by a thug in his first NBA game. Tyrus has 2 1/2 years of stunted growth under 3 coaches. Tyrus now knows he belongs.

Paxson knew what he was doing. Tyrus and Noah are good young players. MJ (GOAT) did not win until his seventh year. Pippen and Grant were good young players that made mistakes. Give them some time instead of trying to trade them for crap.

I remember outrage from Bull's fans for replacing Doug Collins for Phil Jackson. (No head coaching experience in the NBA). How did that work?

Settle down there killer. Cliff Levingston has been one of Tyrus' biggest supporters throughout his tenure here but he's got a little ways to go before we can call both him and Noah "good" NBA players. For the first time in both their careers we're actually handling them properly and they're responding positively which is very nice to see. Let's see them continue this for a little while longer, and more importantly, let's see how they perform against some really good NBA competition. We've got Dallas coming up so Tyrus and Noah will get to square off with Dirk and Dampier.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#14 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:31 pm

molepharmer wrote:I know this isn't the same dunk, but I never did understand why they took that one dunk away from him. Something about being in the rim for his second attempt (an offensive goaltending), at least that's what they said - I just never saw that.

I don't think the first dunk touched the rim after it slipped from his hands, so when he jumped and grabbed the ball again it was a travel.

But the replay didn't have a good angle so I'm not entirely sure.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
ChronicKerr
Lead Assistant
And1: 59

Post#15 » by ChronicKerr » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:32 pm

He grabbed the rim to help him pull himself up I believe after he missed the first shot. I don't know if it was called goaltending or just a violation of something or other.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#16 » by musiqsoulchild » Thu Feb 5, 2009 6:54 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:
molepharmer wrote:I know this isn't the same dunk, but I never did understand why they took that one dunk away from him. Something about being in the rim for his second attempt (an offensive goaltending), at least that's what they said - I just never saw that.

I don't think the first dunk touched the rim after it slipped from his hands, so when he jumped and grabbed the ball again it was a travel.

I am pretty sure thats a different game you are referring to Magilla ( on this West Coast swing though).
For love, not money.
tyrissius
Senior
And1: 1

Post#17 » by tyrissius » Thu Feb 5, 2009 8:25 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:Image

is there anyway i can get this pic in hi resolution
jcuuofd
Analyst
And1: 511

Post#18 » by jcuuofd » Fri Feb 6, 2009 12:32 am

At NBA.com top 10 highlights for Wednesday 2 of the 10 plays were Tyrus dunking. The first one was the long alley-oop from Gordon and the second one was the two handed dunk in the picture.

Lets hope he can keep this level of play up and that other teammates continue to give him assists.
DerrickRose16
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#19 » by DerrickRose16 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 1:46 am

musiqsoulchild wrote:
Magilla_Gorilla wrote:

I am pretty sure thats a different game you are referring to Magilla ( on this West Coast swing though).

No that was the Hornets game and his explanation is the closest to making sense that I've seen. At no point on that play did Tyrus grab the rim so that wasn't it. However, I also think that ball hit the rim so I was pissed when they called what I have to assume was traveling on Thomas.

Return to Chicago Bulls