Image ImageImage Image

NBA.COM - Kaman Available Once Again

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Concept Coop
Analyst
And1: 608

Re: NBA.COM - Kaman Available Once Again 

Post#21 » by Concept Coop » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:51 pm

treis wrote:Only good for 14/10/2?

I know it is easy for us to think a legit C is worth just about anything on our roster, but he is not as valuable as we think he is. 14/10/2 for 60 games is not getting us very far.

There is a reason they want to keep Camby over the much younger Kamon.
Real GM Bulls Board: Step 2 - Anger
MissileMike
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,014

Post#22 » by MissileMike » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:14 pm

Man the deadline can't get here fast enough! I have a feeling the trades will be plenty this year! :)
Chewie
Lead Assistant
And1: 336

Post#23 » by Chewie » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:36 pm

Last I heard, Kaman was still trying to prove he was 1/16th Jamacian so he could suit up for them in 2012.
Turn down for what?
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#24 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:37 pm

Kaman and Asik will tear shiet up in 2010.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,038

Post#25 » by mg » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:42 pm

IA there's a reason the Clippers prefer to keep 34 year old Camby over Kaman. The Bulls might be better off to find a more athletic frontcourt big to play with Rose. I like Caveman but his contract, injury history, and style of play suggest he wouldn't be the best fit next to Rose. He's a huge upgrade over Gray/Noah but there could be better options as soon as this offseason if Paxson is patient.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#26 » by Leto » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:42 pm

Concept Coop wrote:

I know it is easy for us to think a legit C is worth just about anything on our roster, but he is not as valuable as we think he is. 14/10/2 for 60 games is not getting us very far.

I'd rather trade Gooden, Thabo and a 1st for Kaman than trade Tyrus, Noah, Thabo, Simmons and a 1st for Amare and then pay him 20 mil. We'd be better off trading Rose for him. Kaman is exactly what this team needs.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#27 » by kyrv » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:44 pm

Concept Coop wrote:

There is a reason the Clippers have been one of the NBKA's worst franchises.
Concept Coop
Analyst

Post#28 » by Concept Coop » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:14 pm

Leto wrote:
Concept Coop wrote:

I'd rather trade Gooden, Thabo and a 1st for Kaman than trade Tyrus, Noah, Thabo, Simmons and a 1st for Amare and then pay him 20 mil. We'd be better off trading Rose for him. Kaman is exactly what this team needs.
So Tyrus, Noah, Thabo, Simmons & 1st > Rose?!?! Honestly?!?!

Kamon is not exactly what we need. He is what we need to be a 6th seed next year, nothing more.

If you don't think Amare is worth 20 mil, you could very will be right. But out of the squads you listed above, the team with Amare is a much better team.
Concept Coop
Analyst

Post#29 » by Concept Coop » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:15 pm

kyrv wrote:
Concept Coop wrote:

There is a reason the Clippers have been one of the NBKA's worst franchises.
Or maybe because:
Randolph > Kaman
Camby > Kaman
Leto
RealGM

Post#30 » by Leto » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:58 pm

So Tyrus, Noah, Thabo, Simmons & 1st > Rose?!?! Honestly?!?!

Kamon is not exactly what we need. He is what we need to be a 6th seed next year, nothing more.

If you don't think Amare is worth 20 mil, you could very will be right. But out of the squads you listed above, the team with Amare is a much better team.

I disagree. We might be a 6th seed THIS year. But, you have to expect ALL our young guys will improve. That includes, Deng, Tyrus, Rose and Noah. It's called "defered gratification".

I disagree. If we traded Rose instead of the entire front court and Thabo for Amare, we would still have:

Kirk/Gordon
Gordon/Thabo
Deng/Thabo
Amare/Tyrus
Noah/Gray

I think that team easily wins more games than:

Rose/Hinrich
Gordon/Hinrich
Deng/Hughes
Amare/Simmons?
Gray/ Ruffin

That front court is going to get pwned by the Kings.
Leto
RealGM

Post#31 » by Leto » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:02 pm

No. The reason they would trade Kaman is because he is not a good fit next to Randolph and they like DeAndre Jordan. Jordan just has to play D and rebound while Randolph scores. Same with Camby. Plus, they have a glut of big guys. That's why they want to trade Kaman.
Concept Coop
Analyst

Post#32 » by Concept Coop » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:27 pm

Leto wrote:No. The reason they would trade Kaman is because he is not a good fit next to Randolph and they like DeAndre Jordan. Jordan just has to play D and rebound while Randolph scores. Same with Camby. Plus, they have a glut of big guys. That's why they want to trade Kaman.
They have a glut, and Kaman is the least valuable to them. Randolph and Camby are both better players.
mg
General Manager

Post#33 » by mg » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:28 pm

Kaman is a 3rd option on a good playoff team(when he's healthy) but the Bulls need a #1 option in their frontcourt. An Amare or Bosh type. It just doesn't make sense to waste assets on another #3 option with a bad contract when this team is already littered with that type of player albeit at SG/SF. Adding Kaman would take the Bulls from a 6th/7th seed team to possibly a 5th/6th seed in the weak EC...whoop de damn doo.
The ROY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#34 » by The ROY » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:29 pm

mg wrote:Kaman is a 3rd option on a good playoff team(when he's healthy) but the Bulls need a #1 option in their frontcourt. An Amare or Bosh type. It just doesn't make sense to waste assets on another #3 option with a bad contract when this team is already littered with that type of player albeit at SG/SF. Adding Kaman would take the Bulls from a 6th/7th seed team to possibly a 5th/6th seed in the weak EC...whoop do damn doo.

we'd be another move away but kaman solidifies the center position pretty much for the next 4-5 yrs...

he's not very old either

why not?

an improving TT/Noah plus Kaman is a pretty good frontline IMO.

We'd be a D-wade away from being one of the best in the league
mg
General Manager

Post#35 » by mg » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:31 pm

Not if it takes assets away from making an Amare or Bosh type trade is what I'm saying...
The ROY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#36 » by The ROY » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:33 pm

oh, well i was looking at kaman as the backup plan incase we didn't land amare...
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#37 » by theanimal23 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:39 pm

If we can get him for Gooden and Noah if Amare doesn't work out.
Leto
RealGM

Post#38 » by Leto » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:44 pm

mg wrote:Kaman is a 3rd option on a good playoff team(when he's healthy) but the Bulls need a #1 option in their frontcourt. An Amare or Bosh type. It just doesn't make sense to waste assets on another #3 option with a bad contract when this team is already littered with that type of player albeit at SG/SF. Adding Kaman would take the Bulls from a 6th/7th seed team to possibly a 5th/6th seed in the weak EC...whoop de damn doo.

No we don't. We have a #1 option and his name is Rose. The #2 option is Gordon and 3 is Deng. When Paxson drafted Rose he was making the concerted decision to go with a dribble penetrating PG, a la NOH, as opposed to drafting a Beasley in hopes of a post up first game. That was a philisophical decision on how the Bulls were going to play going foward. Amare is a P&R player...not a post up guy. Kaman does the same thing except he doesn't get as many touches. But, he won't need them with Rose and Deng.

We don't need a 20 point scorer in the front court. We need defense, rebounding and 15 ppg out of the center spot and we'd be well on the way.
SuburbanOasis
General Manager
And1: 22

Post#39 » by SuburbanOasis » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:03 pm

3 thoughts I had.

1st... Could we get them both? Only if Tyrus/Thabo/Gooden/1st rounder can net us Amare would we have a shot..

2nd.. Could we leverage the ability to get Kaman for cheaper against the idea of going after Stoudamire? In other words, with the ability to pursue Kaman for less than it would take to get Stoudamire, would Kerr accept a lesser deal?

3rd.. Would we rather have Kaman with Tyrus (assuming a Gooden,Noah,1st for Kaman deal) or Amare either alone or with Noah..

I think I'd still rather have Amare, but it's closer than my thoughts were before of other deals that I thought might be possible.
mg
General Manager

Post#40 » by mg » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:20 pm

Apparently Kaman has a 7.5% trade kicker. Not sure how that effects any trade involving the Bulls but I thought Paxson was up against the luxury tax..

Return to Chicago Bulls