Image ImageImage Image

NBATv On Trade Rumors (Much Bulls)

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

r1terrell23
Bench Warmer
And1: 540

Re: NBATv On Trade Rumors (Much Bulls) 

Post#41 » by r1terrell23 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:21 am

Posey H8er wrote:It makes sense that a deal would be made known after the break since the game is in Phoenix and Amare is playing in the All-Star game.

DuckIII wrote:Smith said to be glued to the halftime show for Red because "it will be full of surprises that you've never seen before" - but wouldn't elaborate.

MJ is coming out of retirement to play for the Bulls again?

We've seen that before. We've never seen Paxson make a trade for a good NBA player so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
nitric0
RealGM
And1: 1,352

Post#42 » by nitric0 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:23 am

I doubt Kerr will backstab the Bulls like that
“We were right there with them. We dominated for most of the game, but then Derrick Rose happened.” - Al Horford
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#43 » by miamiballer » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:24 am

honestly i dont buy it at all that kerr likes tyrus more than beasley...i mean, really? why would anyone believe that?...IMO its more likely that kerr is trying to scare miami into coughing chalmers which i would be strongly opposed to

IMO it comes down to miami, chicago, detroit...i think kerr is trying to get the most out of teams, he prob wants noah added from chi's end, stuckey from det and chalmers from miami...if no team up their offer, i still expect amare to get traded to miami unless joe d offers up stuckey which would make it interesting
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#44 » by Red Larrivee » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:24 am

At this point, I think the whole "there's another team in the Eastern Conference with a better deal on the table" thing is a bluff by Phoenix to drive up the packages of other teams to what they want.

If there was another team by now, they'd be named. Seriously, no team stays anonymous for so long during trade rumors, especially for a superstar. But it's very good to see that the Bulls are very much in the sweepstakes.
sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#45 » by sdeezy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:25 am

nitric0 wrote:I doubt Kerr will backstab the Bulls like that

ain't no such thing as backstabbin in this business..Kerr is a GM and is looking for the best deal out there...why the hell should he care how we feel if he's offered Beasley and Marion?
montestewart wrote:Blatche and McGee standing next to Boozer and Thomas reminded me of first-time offenders meeting real cons in a "scared straight" program.
Juicy Juice
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#46 » by Juicy Juice » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:26 am

Give them everyone but Rose and Deng. I don't care...I'd hate to see Amare on the Heat or the Pistons.
SuburbanOasis
General Manager
And1: 22

Post#47 » by SuburbanOasis » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:26 am

If Miami gets him, as long as they get him for Beasley/Chalmers/Marion/#1... I'm ok with it..

It's better than what we are offering.. and it's likely better than we CAN offer. I'll be unhappy, but at least we got beat by an offer we can't compete with. At that point you can say "Pax should have found a 3rd team" or something along those lines, but it's hard to completely rip a GM for just plain not having the assets to get something done.

At that point I think we turn to Kaman and try and move a package of Noah/Gooden/Filler for him. Maybe throw in Thabo.
r1terrell23
Bench Warmer

Post#48 » by r1terrell23 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:27 am

sdeezy wrote:
umfan83 wrote:I don't like this at all. Miami has the potential to kill our offer, Pat Riley is the misinformation king (referring to 'Miami is out' news yesterday) and then there is this.

+ 1 ..Miami's making me really nervous right now..Isola and Sam's reports make it sound like Miami's got the upper hand right now

I don't trust Sam Smith
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#49 » by Ralphb07 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:27 am

Red Larrivee wrote:At this point, I think the whole "there's another team in the Eastern Conference with a better deal on the table" thing is a bluff by Phoenix to drive up the packages of other teams to what they want.

If there was another team by now, they'd be named. Seriously, no team stays anonymous for so long during trade rumors, especially for a superstar. But it's very good to see that the Bulls are very much in the sweepstakes.

We'll see but right now I don't have a good feeling about anything.
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#50 » by SportsWorld » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:27 am

Pax better put their relationship on the line. "If you trade Amare to anywhere but the Bulls we're not friends anymore."
Bergy
Pro Prospect

Post#51 » by Bergy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:28 am

Amare coming into the East not on the Bulls makes the conference only that much tougher, it would be a pretty big blow.
miamiballer
General Manager

Post#52 » by miamiballer » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:28 am

unless miami gets barbosa, i am 100 % sure chalmers isnt going anywhere and even then, i dont think so...he plays amazing defense and is on a rookie deal
Bergy
Pro Prospect

Post#53 » by Bergy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:29 am

SportsWorld wrote:Pax better put their relationship on the line. "If you trade Amare to anywhere but the Bulls we're not friends anymore."

I think Kerr has enough leverage here to take his toys and go home in this case.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#54 » by Red Larrivee » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:29 am

Every inside source is going to say different things, so if everyone overdoes on it, there will probably be a lot of pessimism towards the situation.

I have a good feeling about this. This isn't to say I believe Amare will 100% be a Bull, but from all of this I believe Paxson has done nothing wrong in pursuing Amare. If it doesn't happen, then the package that was taken should look better than ours.

But again, I think there is a bluff going on with this "mystery Eastern Conference team." There are 15 teams in the East. Nobody can hide.
r1terrell23
Bench Warmer

Post#55 » by r1terrell23 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:29 am

SportsWorld wrote:Pax better put their relationship on the line. "If you trade Amare to anywhere but the Bulls we're not friends anymore."

Kerr is going to need a job in a year or two after he's fired for running the Suns into the ground. Where he sends Amare will determine if he has a job or not when that happens.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#56 » by theanimal23 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:30 am

I have a bad feeling about this.
SuburbanOasis
General Manager

Post#57 » by SuburbanOasis » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:31 am

Is a defensive PG really a deal killer for Miami's pursuit of a player like Amare?

To me, he seems like Chicago's Noah piece. He's something you don't want to include, but if it comes down to it, it's not worth losing out on Amare to NOT give him up.

Just an outsiders view though.
miamiballer
General Manager

Post#58 » by miamiballer » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:31 am

^ i can speak for all heat fans: yes
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#59 » by theanimal23 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:31 am

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=878126&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=1395

OrangeMan wrote:I don't know how many of you live here in Phoenix but we have a local sports radio duo named Gambo and Ash who have a pretty good source within the Suns organization. Much like what dbdynasty is here.

What they're saying is that MIA, CHI, and DET will not be happenig. POR and IND have never even come into the equation. They also reported most of the trades that have been drawn have been mostly made up by media pundits and not actual scenarios drafted up by real GM's
miamiballer
General Manager

Post#60 » by miamiballer » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:32 am

in our case, if it meant giving up chalmers, id rather roll the dice on beasley and go after JO and preserve 2010 space

Return to Chicago Bulls