Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Pistons Postgame: Where Ben Gordon 4pt play happens

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Guddy
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Bulls Pistons Postgame: Where Ben Gordon 4pt play happens 

Post#101 » by Guddy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:25 am

HEY our bulls have heart and are fun to watch again! Just think 2 weeks ago how down everybody was on this team. Regardless of what trade happens, our team is startting to play like one.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#102 » by Red Larrivee » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:25 am

We got snubbed on some top 10 plays.
ChicagoBulls1
Banned User

Post#103 » by ChicagoBulls1 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:27 am

Red Larrivee wrote:We got snubbed on some top 10 plays.

doesn't. matter because we got the W
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,203

Post#104 » by AirP. » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:28 am

r1terrell23 wrote:
loose_caboose wrote:The main difference between Amare and Tyrus is Amare is a superstar scorer who doesn't seem to effect the final result with his stat line

Hoops is a game of momentum, when you have a guy who can alter a game's momentum the way Ty does, do you let him go? Throw in the fact he is 22 and nowhere near his ceiling, and I would say no.

Tyrus is averaging 25 wins a year for his career. Amare was winning 60 games a year. I'm sure Amare had nothing to do with the Suns winning 60 games a year and his 35ppg against SA had made no difference. Let's stop acting like Tyrus is more than he is. He can be a good player but come on.

What? Didn't Phoenix lose in the conference finals the year Amare was out all season? As good as Amare was/is... it was D'Antoni's system that got Phoenix where it went, not Amare... he helped but his team proved they were nearly as good without him. So did Amare make that little of difference to a good team?
Chewie
Lead Assistant
And1: 336

Post#105 » by Chewie » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:32 am

Said this in the game thread but did anyone else think that Red was under the impression he made it into the hall? Based on his heartfelt reaction and comments afterward I felt that he thought he made it in even though Colangelo was just giving him a lousy plate from the HOF.
Turn down for what?
aaqubed
RealGM
And1: 830

Post#106 » by aaqubed » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:33 am

I may be wrong on this one, but I believe the Suns best postseason run was in 2005-06. They lost to Dallas in six in the conference finals... I wonder who it was who was sidelined from microfracture sugery?

They went ONE game further than the year before, when Amare was an absolute beat in the playoffs.

The times that they went out relatively early, they ran into the Spurs. And, arguably, some bad officiating. Amare played incredible ball in the playoffs.
ChicagoBulls1
Banned User

Post#107 » by ChicagoBulls1 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:34 am

Chewie wrote:Said this in the game thread but did anyone else think that Red was under the impression he made it into the hall? Based on his heartfelt reaction and comments afterward I felt that he thought he made it in even though Colangelo was just giving him a lousy plate from the HOF.

It reminded me when Michael Jackson got that lifetime achievement award from Britney at the MTV music awards several years ago but it really wasn't that. Remember?
AirP.
RealGM

Post#108 » by AirP. » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:35 am

aaqubed wrote:
I may be wrong on this one, but I believe the Suns best postseason run was in 2005-06. They lost to Dallas in six in the conference finals... I wonder who it was who was sidelined from microfracture sugery?

They went ONE game further than the year before, when Amare was an absolute beat in the playoffs.

The times that they went out relatively early, they ran into the Spurs. And, arguably, some bad officiating. Amare played incredible ball in the playoffs.

Amare played incredible ball, great but how much better were they as a TEAM with and without him is the question. It seems they were nearly the same eh?
ChicagoBulls1
Banned User

Post#109 » by ChicagoBulls1 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:36 am

NBA TV hard to watch on Tuesdays. I would love to take a bat to Webbers knee and to Paytons messed up teeth.
Beryl 96
Starter

Post#110 » by Beryl 96 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:37 am

about kerr and his award, yeah I got the same Vibe from it, and the way he responded as well. I was half expecting him to scoff at it as a cheap consolation prize. If this is in fact the truth, then that really sucks, do you explain it to him or do you just let it be?
whonka
Head Coach
And1: 524

Post#111 » by whonka » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:38 am

AirP. wrote:In 2-3 years when Chicago is ready to contend with Rose leading them... Amare will be 28-29... Tyrus 24-25.... Amare will be close to starting the backside of his career(if his knee holds up), Tyrus will be gettting close to entering the prime of his career. You don't trade for Amare... if you do you're really going to waste 2-3 years of his prime here till this team is ready to contend.

Heh, I made this same argument for about 3 straight pages in the keep Tyrus thread and got flamed to hell by everyone else posting there.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#112 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:44 am

Can we have one thread where we don't talk about Amare?
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
whonka
Head Coach
And1: 524

Post#113 » by whonka » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:47 am

ok, have it your way

Tyrus Thomas went to the line 13 times today

Wade-esque

Except, you know.... he actually deserved it.
aaqubed
RealGM
And1: 830

Post#114 » by aaqubed » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:51 am

AirP. wrote:
aaqubed wrote:

Amare played incredible ball, great but how much better were they as a TEAM with and without him is the question. It seems they were nearly the same eh?

Not really. You can't really compare the various years. Based on record, the Suns' best year was 04-05, and they lost Joe Johnson for most of the playoffs. In 06-07, the league suspended Amare and Diaw after Horry hip-checked Nash in game 5. It's hard to say, but there's little doubt in my mind that things would have been very different had that not happened.

I just can't see how you could possibly think that he didn't influence the games.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#115 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:51 am

I just want to add, for those who love to question Tyrus' intelligence, that he played much smarter in this game than I have seen in a long time. There were at least 4 occasions where Tyrus got a rebound or steal and made the smart play by passing out to the guard to reset. Old Tyrus would have thought of it as an opportunity to score and more than likely turned it over. It was good to see him make the right decisions and benefit from it.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
Beryl 96
Starter

Post#116 » by Beryl 96 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:54 am

Gordon had some nice passes, especially earlier in the game anybody recall his assist total? whatever it is I know it would've been like 3-4 more if Deng didn't count his money before the game.
pdenninggolden
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#117 » by pdenninggolden » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:54 am

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:I just want to add, for those who love to question Tyrus' intelligence, that he played much smarter in this game than I have seen in a long time. There were at least 4 occasions where Tyrus got a rebound or steal and made the smart play by passing out to the guard to reset. Old Tyrus would have thought of it as an opportunity to score and more than likely turned it over. It was good to see him make the right decisions and benefit from it.

New Tyrus is cool!
The NBA: Where DRose Happens!
"The problem with the world is that it draws the circle of the family too small."--Mother Theresa
God Rest the Souls of Norm VanLier and Johnny "Red" Kerr
Chewie
Lead Assistant
And1: 336

Post#118 » by Chewie » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:59 am

ChicagoBulls1 wrote:
Chewie wrote:Said this in the game thread but did anyone else think that Red was under the impression he made it into the hall? Based on his heartfelt reaction and comments afterward I felt that he thought he made it in even though Colangelo was just giving him a lousy plate from the HOF.

It reminded me when Michael Jackson got that lifetime achievement award from Britney at the MTV music awards several years ago but it really wasn't that. Remember?

Heh. I do - good analogy.

For Red's sake, I hope he actually understood the award for what it was and not something greater.
Turn down for what?
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,424

Post#119 » by jump » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:01 am

You STILL gotta make that Amare trade, for all the reasons everyone has been saying. HOWEVER, watching Tyrus play lately will ease the sting if some other team bests the Bull's offer.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#120 » by AirP. » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:02 am

aaqubed wrote:
Not really. You can't really compare the various years. Based on record, the Suns' best year was 04-05, and they lost Joe Johnson for most of the playoffs. In 06-07, the league suspended Amare and Diaw after Horry hip-checked Nash in game 5. It's hard to say, but there's little doubt in my mind that things would have been very different had that not happened.

I just can't see how you could possibly think that he didn't influence the games.

I'm just pointing out... as "special" as Amare is... his team still played good enough to make it to the conference finals and with that team PLUS Amare they didn't get to the finals. Yet gutting this team for Amare to couple up with Rose will get us to the finals in a few years? I just don't see it. Rose isn't at Nash's MVP level, Deng isn't near the level of Shaw Marion of those years, Gordon will probably be bye bye to sign Amare long term....

We'd get Amare but I just don't see how we'd be a top team anytime soon.

Return to Chicago Bulls