Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Pistons Postgame: Where Ben Gordon 4pt play happens

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Legendary 33
Banned User
And1: 3

Re: Bulls Pistons Postgame: Where Ben Gordon 4pt play happens 

Post#121 » by Legendary 33 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:03 am

Hello everybody, long time viewer, first time post-er. I think Tyrus has arguably had his best game with the Bulls thus far, so lets not get ahead of ourselves. However, I do feel that Tyrus is a valuable defensive (and hopefully someday offensive) asset to a team looking to contend within the next 2-3 years. It was awesome and gratifying to see the emotion in Tyrus after BG hit that 3 in the corner, I don't think I've ever seen him that excited. My take on the Amare-Thomas sichu..Amare's been one of my favorite players for a long time, but we've invested too much time and effort in our young talent. If we can't land Amare without giving up Tyrus, I'd be down to just try to go after him in 2010 (yes, i know it's risky) but thats a better option than giving away everything we've worked for in Tyrus and Joakim. It would personally kill me to see Tyrus hurt us in the future in a different uniform.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#122 » by BrooklynBulls » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:05 am

I know you're not nsb because I don't strongly dislike you. Welcome.
The Big Dog
Lead Assistant
And1: 31

Post#123 » by The Big Dog » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:05 am

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:I just want to add, for those who love to question Tyrus' intelligence, that he played much smarter in this game than I have seen in a long time. There were at least 4 occasions where Tyrus got a rebound or steal and made the smart play by passing out to the guard to reset. Old Tyrus would have thought of it as an opportunity to score and more than likely turned it over. It was good to see him make the right decisions and benefit from it.

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there, he had three completely terrible turnovers (where he threw the ball way ahead of Gordon, threw one into a running Deng's back, and dribbled the ball all the way up the court got himself in trouble and threw it away to no one). He also made a really over-aggressive, out of his element move to the basket and just lost the ball, but that one was understandable, the other three were just panicky and stupid. Maybe that's progress, but new Tyrus still has a lot of work to do in the decision-making department.
"I have not so strong body." - Jonas Valanciunas on why his game is similar to Chris Bosh's.
whonka
Head Coach
And1: 524

Post#124 » by whonka » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:07 am

btw, I've seen NOBODY give credit to Noah on that terrible shot by Sheed

Sheed was trying to post up, Noah poked it away, then bothered him into an airball fadeaway three
pdenninggolden
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#125 » by pdenninggolden » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:07 am

The Big Dog wrote:
Magilla_Gorilla wrote:I just want to add, for those who love to question Tyrus' intelligence, that he played much smarter in this game than I have seen in a long time. There were at least 4 occasions where Tyrus got a rebound or steal and made the smart play by passing out to the guard to reset. Old Tyrus would have thought of it as an opportunity to score and more than likely turned it over. It was good to see him make the right decisions and benefit from it.

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there, he had three completely terrible turnovers (where he threw the ball way ahead of Gordon, threw one into a running Deng's back, and dribbled the ball all the way up the court got himself in trouble and threw it away to no one). He also made a really over-aggressive, out of his element move to the basket and just lost the ball, but that one was understandable, the other three were just panicky and stupid. Maybe that's progress, but new Tyrus still has a lot of work to do in the decision-making department.

Well, then, new Tyrus is a work in progress.
The NBA: Where DRose Happens!
"The problem with the world is that it draws the circle of the family too small."--Mother Theresa
God Rest the Souls of Norm VanLier and Johnny "Red" Kerr
The Big Dog
Lead Assistant
And1: 31

Post#126 » by The Big Dog » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:10 am

pdenninggolden wrote:
The Big Dog wrote:

Well, then, new Tyrus is a work in progress.

I like it, and I think he's proving himself worth the work with his effort of late.
"I have not so strong body." - Jonas Valanciunas on why his game is similar to Chris Bosh's.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#127 » by BrooklynBulls » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:14 am

whonka wrote:btw, I've seen NOBODY give credit to Noah on that terrible shot by Sheed

Sheed was trying to post up, Noah poked it away, then bothered him into an airball fadeaway three

You can't bother anyone into a fadeaway 3, up 1 with 15 seconds on the clock. Sheed absolutely lost his mind there. Though it was fine d by Noah.
aaqubed
RealGM
And1: 830

Post#128 » by aaqubed » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:17 am

AirP. wrote:
aaqubed wrote:
Not really. You can't really compare the various years. Based on record, the Suns' best year was 04-05, and they lost Joe Johnson for most of the playoffs. In 06-07, the league suspended Amare and Diaw after Horry hip-checked Nash in game 5. It's hard to say, but there's little doubt in my mind that things would have been very different had that not happened.

I just can't see how you could possibly think that he didn't influence the games.

I'm just pointing out... as "special" as Amare is... his team still played good enough to make it to the conference finals and with that team PLUS Amare they didn't get to the finals. Yet gutting this team for Amare to couple up with Rose will get us to the finals in a few years? I just don't see it. Rose isn't at Nash's MVP level, Deng isn't near the level of Shaw Marion of those years, Gordon will probably be bye bye to sign Amare long term....

We'd get Amare but I just don't see how we'd be a top team anytime soon.

They may not have won a title, but every year they were good enough to compete for one. To win a title in this league, you have to be really good, and really lucky. Injuries, suspensions, all sorts of things come into play. Even the matter of who you face, when. They ran into the Spurs in the second round. They lost in 6, but were really the only team to even be a blip on the Spurs' radar that year.

So no, Amare doesn't guarantee a championship. But a core of Amare, Rose, and Deng is a good enough start that you can surround that with the right pieces (a couple defensive big men, some shooters, maybe a wing stopper) to give yourself a chance.

Is there any available player that really would give this team a better chance? Maybe Bosh (if he's even available), if we didn't have to give up both Deng and Tyrus for him. But even Bosh has never gotten anywhere. At the end of the day, though, if you can get that caliber of a talent, you take it and fill in the holes afterward.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#129 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:20 am

Please for the love of baby Jesus in the manger with the wise men can we have a post game thread free of the Amare discussion?

Please? Do Magilla a favor? Me love you long time.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
fabio
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#130 » by fabio » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:28 am

I agree on everything you said :)
whonka
Head Coach
And1: 524

Post#131 » by whonka » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:30 am

BrooklynBulls wrote:
whonka wrote:btw, I've seen NOBODY give credit to Noah on that terrible shot by Sheed

You can't bother anyone into a fadeaway 3, up 1 with 15 seconds on the clock. Sheed absolutely lost his mind there. Though it was fine d by Noah.

You think if Noah hadn't poked the ball away on the entry pass, Sheed would even be near the 3 point line?
Darius Miles Davis
Veteran
And1: 452

Post#132 » by Darius Miles Davis » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:33 am

Does anyone know where I can see some second half highlights of this game online? NBA.com only has the first half highlights online.
"Uh...we've always like ET. ET has big hands. His mother has big hands."
T2
Bench Warmer
And1: 161

Post#133 » by T2 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:41 am

Darius Miles Davis wrote:Does anyone know where I can see some second half highlights of this game online? NBA.com only has the first half highlights online.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/bulls/20 ... index.html
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,547

Post#135 » by fleet » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:48 am

I'm wondering strongly if Noah and Horford will end up with similar stats over their careers now. All Horford really is is a 10 and 8/9 type of guy to this point. That Noah who put up like a 15 and 11 with like 4-5 bpg in the tourney is beginning to show up towards the end of seasons now. I kind of always thought he might. Trick is for him to get serious about the first half
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#136 » by DanTown8587 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:50 am

Was a great game...was a great crowd and was literally rocking in the end of the fourth (when the poser fans left after the third quarter and only the diehards were left). No one played that well until the fourth quarter. Than Rose was third best PG in the league good, Gordon was clutch, Thomas attacked the basket numerous times (part of the reason Detroit was in the penalty with 5:38 to go in the 4th), Noah bothered Sheed and rebounded well and Noce didn't blow it for us (seriously though, why the Pistons didn't milk Prince v Nocioni is why they lost). Two things though:

1. Why did VDN burn his timeouts down the stretch? I mean he didn't have to sub guys in and he took a timeout and considering the Bulls offense in the fourth was decimating the Pistons, it didn't make sense to take a timeout and let them regroup. Didn't cost the Bulls but also didn't help them either. 2
2. Deng can't be on a team with trade rumors. Its amazing how he doesn't cut, doesn't crash the boards, do anything with the same emotion as he did last week in Houston. I mean, this is extra ordinary bad. I can't explain it.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#137 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:52 am

fleetwood macbull wrote:I'm wondering strongly if Noah and Horford will end up with similar stats over their careers now. All Horford really is is a 10 and 8/9 type of guy to this point. That Noah who put up like a 15 and 11 with like 4-5 bpg in the tourney is beginning to show up towards the end of seasons now. I kind of always thought he might. Trick is for him to get serious about the first half

They have similar PER's as well as remarkably close per40 numbers.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
darkman1x32
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#138 » by darkman1x32 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:56 am

cocktailswith_2short wrote:Bickerstaff slapped Vinny in the head after the game . Vinny did a good job in this one . Congrats you played the right unit at the end Negro .

seen that.... lol
Darius Miles Davis
Veteran
And1: 452

Post#139 » by Darius Miles Davis » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:56 am

SephCast wrote:http://www.nba.com/video/games/bulls/2009/02/10/nba_det_chi_0020800769_recap.nba/whatsnew/index.html

Beaten.

Thanks T2 and SephCast.
"Uh...we've always like ET. ET has big hands. His mother has big hands."
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#140 » by BrooklynBulls » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:57 am

whonka wrote:
BrooklynBulls wrote:

You think if Noah hadn't poked the ball away on the entry pass, Sheed would even be near the 3 point line?

...No. Do you think if a fly hadn't buzzed Tyrus' ear, he wouldn't have slapped at it, hitting his head, forcing his pituitary into a state of shock that made him grow 8 inches and become Shawn Kemp?

Noah played good, Sheed took the awful awful shot all by himself. He should have reset the post position, tried it all over again.

Return to Chicago Bulls