Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Pistons Postgame: Where Ben Gordon 4pt play happens

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,907

Re: Bulls Pistons Postgame: Where Ben Gordon 4pt play happens 

Post#81 » by AirP. » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:01 am

In 2-3 years when Chicago is ready to contend with Rose leading them... Amare will be 28-29... Tyrus 24-25.... Amare will be close to starting the backside of his career(if his knee holds up), Tyrus will be gettting close to entering the prime of his career. You don't trade for Amare... if you do you're really going to waste 2-3 years of his prime here till this team is ready to contend.
loose_caboose
Junior
And1: 0

Post#82 » by loose_caboose » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:03 am

The main difference between Amare and Tyrus is Amare is a superstar scorer who doesn't seem to effect the final result with his stat line.

Tyrus is a two way player who will never fill out a stat sheet like Amare , but Tyrus will have more of a bearing on the final score of a game with his play.

Hoops is a game of momentum, when you have a guy who can alter a game's momentum the way Ty does, do you let him go? Throw in the fact he is 22 and nowhere near his ceiling, and I would say no.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,697

Post#83 » by nitetrain8603 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:03 am

Sell High. I would rather get rid of Noah though, but again, I'm not going to let Tyrus get in the way of Amare who's a legit all-star.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#84 » by BrooklynBulls » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:03 am

AirP. wrote:In 2-3 years when Chicago is ready to contend with Rose leading them... Amare will be 28-29... Tyrus 24-25.... Amare will be close to starting the backside of his career(if his knee holds up), Tyrus will be gettting close to entering the prime of his career. You don't trade for Amare... if you do you're really going to waste 2-3 years of his prime here till this team is ready to contend.

You say stuff like that without knowing what sort of improvement Rose makes. One year: Deron is on a contender. One year: Paul is on a contender.
Fl_Flash
Starter
And1: 376

Post#85 » by Fl_Flash » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:04 am

Susan wrote:I love Tyrus but Amare was putting up 26&9 at his age. You gotta give a little to get a little and I fully expect Tyrus to blow up if we trade him.

Awesome game.

Is he putting up 26/9 now?
ChicagoBulls1
Banned User

Post#86 » by ChicagoBulls1 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:04 am

nitetrain8603 wrote:Sell High. I would rather get rid of Noah though, but again, I'm not going to let Tyrus get in the way of Amare who's a legit all-star.

Noah would look amazing next to Amare.
fabio
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#87 » by fabio » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:04 am

BrooklynBulls wrote:Ben Gordon is a bundle of muscle and clutch. That's all he's made of. Drink BG7 energy drink, you'll grow a pair of balls on your balls.

Derrick Rose might be faster than fire. Think about it. Has Derrick Rose ever even been on fire? Makes you think.

Tyrus Thomas is proof that there is a god, and that he is Tyrus Thomas.

Joakim Noah would make an awesome janitor, because he makes messes disappear, and he looks creepy while not actually being so.

Andres Nocioni would make a good janitor, because he certainly isn't a good basketball player.

OK :roll:

Ajosu wrote:I didn't see the game till the 4th quarter, and we were down 13 i think.

Not so good - Nocioni, who just let Prince go right around him.

Hope Both Kerr's were watching this game! Go Bulls!

You didn't see the game indeed. Not only Noc did a great job on Prince and helped guarding Rasheed but Prince had 4 points (2 against Noc, 2 against Tyrus) and 1 TO in the quarter you admitted to watch. and btw, you don't mention any of the Pistons players who really scored in the same quarter you admitted to watch. Furthermore, in the last 10-15 seconds Noc touches the pass from Rip to McDyess which ended in a TO and right after that 2 FT that sealed the game. So I'm thinking you didn't see a single second of the game or you saw another game :roll:
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#88 » by League Circles » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:05 am

Umm, I watched the whole game and it was awesome but I don't remember deng getting hurt. Why did he not play at all down the stretch? Just because he was having a bad game?
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
dead rose
Sophomore

Post#89 » by dead rose » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:06 am

teamCHItown wrote:Umm, I watched the whole game and it was awesome but I don't remember deng getting hurt. Why did he not play at all down the stretch? Just because he was having a bad game?

That's a pretty good reason for Deng not playing down the stretch.
ChicagoBulls1
Banned User

Post#90 » by ChicagoBulls1 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:07 am

teamCHItown wrote:Umm, I watched the whole game and it was awesome but I don't remember deng getting hurt. Why did he not play at all down the stretch? Just because he was having a bad game?

The start of the third make me sick and it made Vinny sick that we didn't see Luol the rest of the game.
r1terrell23
Bench Warmer
And1: 540

Post#91 » by r1terrell23 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:11 am

loose_caboose wrote:The main difference between Amare and Tyrus is Amare is a superstar scorer who doesn't seem to effect the final result with his stat line

Hoops is a game of momentum, when you have a guy who can alter a game's momentum the way Ty does, do you let him go? Throw in the fact he is 22 and nowhere near his ceiling, and I would say no.

Tyrus is averaging 25 wins a year for his career. Amare was winning 60 games a year. I'm sure Amare had nothing to do with the Suns winning 60 games a year and his 35ppg against SA had made no difference. Let's stop acting like Tyrus is more than he is. He can be a good player but come on.
cocktailswith_2short
Head Coach
And1: 78

Post#92 » by cocktailswith_2short » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:14 am

Bickerstaff slapped Vinny in the head after the game . Vinny did a good job in this one . Congrats you played the right unit at the end Negro .
Beryl 96
Starter

Post#93 » by Beryl 96 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:14 am

On one hand I finally blinked on Trading Tyrus for Amare. I've been a supporter of Tyrus here ever since he took his first soul as a Bull, coming into this season he along with Gordon and Rose were the guys I was expecting big things from, obviously I was left disappointed with Tyrus early in the season, but clearly he has been playing great lately, coincidentally we are in heavy talks with the suns to get Amare, a deal in which Tyrus all but locked into. I don't typically flip flop on players every other night like some do, and as Tyrus struggled, my faith in him began to falter this season, then he starts playing awesome, and I was happy all along that he was finally starting to get it, and when the Amare talks first started I day dreamed about a core of Amare, Thomas, Gordon, and Rose, but as his name came up more and more I faced facts, that if the Suns want him, they probably will get him, because its Amare, the guy I had hoped Thomas would model his game after except with more Defense. I then found solice in Noah as he in all liklihood might be a better fit next to Amare, but something was wrong all along.

I want to keep Tyrus here, I hope we do, throw Deng, Hinrich, Noah, Gooden at them, whoever and whatever they want apart from Rose, Tyrus, and then hopefully we resign Gordon and grab some defenders and shooters and we're set for a title run....But If the Suns insist on Tyrus...I think we still have to pull the trigger, but I've become horribly torn on the issue.

As for the game itself, Great games from Gordon, Rose, Thomas and Noah. Great ceremony for Red, it was pretty touching, and how about Obama?! Does anybody else think that Reinsdorf orders Neil to call out Gordon any chance he gets while simultaneously having a gag order on being as critical of Deng, or even Hinrich, not that I feel he did anything that wrong tonight or recently.
loose_caboose
Junior

Post#94 » by loose_caboose » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:15 am

r1terrell23 wrote:
loose_caboose wrote:The main difference between Amare and Tyrus is Amare is a superstar scorer who doesn't seem to effect the final result with his stat line

Tyrus is averaging 25 wins a year for his career. Amare was winning 60 games a year. I'm sure Amare had nothing to do with the Suns winning 60 games a year and his 35ppg against SA had made no difference. Let's stop acting like Tyrus is more than he is. He can be a good player but come on.

Goes both ways brother. Stop acting like Amare is the basketballing jesus christ.

He is a one dimensional player, who just like Deng, when he isn't scoring you are pulling your hair out watching him.

Ask a phoenix fan. They will all tell you.
cocktailswith_2short
Head Coach
And1: 78

Post#95 » by cocktailswith_2short » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:18 am

r1terrell23 wrote:

Amare was playing with two time MVP Nash . Amongst others that 'Antoni made look incredible . That system made contracts that's how good it was . He's good but dont think the Nash impact hasn't happened . Rose can duplicate this to a point and I have no doubt that Amare would look good with im because Rose is just simply going to be THAT great .

There is a very good reason that team went as far as it did . Coaching and player staff was exceptional . That team wasn't Amare's . It was Nash and the role players .
Fl_Flash
Starter
And1: 376

Post#96 » by Fl_Flash » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:18 am

r1terrell23 wrote:Tyrus is averaging 25 wins a year for his career. Amare was winning 60 games a year. I'm sure Amare had nothing to do with the Suns winning 60 games a year and his 35ppg against SA had made no difference. Let's stop acting like Tyrus is more than he is. He can be a good player but come on.

I may be wrong on this one, but I believe the Suns best postseason run was in 2005-06. They lost to Dallas in six in the conference finals... I wonder who it was who was sidelined from microfracture sugery?
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#97 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:19 am

Just for old times sake - and in Red's honor...

I WANNA HAVE TYRUS BABY!

I'm not gonna lie - I cried like a baby during the Red tribute. Johnny reminds me so much of my grandfather who passed away 3 yrs ago. Who knows how many thousands of hours I've sat listening to Red. Just so sad to see him struggling. God bless you Red. God Bless you and thank you for all the joy you brought into my home. My prayers are with you and your family.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,889

Post#98 » by MAQ » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:22 am

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:Just so sad to see him struggling. God bless you Red. God Bless you and thank you for all the joy you brought into my home. My prayers are with you and your family.

+ A hundred, thousand, trillion
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
Beryl 96
Starter

Post#99 » by Beryl 96 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:23 am

I had people in the room so I had prop my head up against my arm to try and hide it, I didn't cry like a baby though, the event and the speech's just made tears come out of my face, it should've been shorter though, cause my arm fell asleep.
ChicagoBulls1
Banned User

Post#100 » by ChicagoBulls1 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:24 am

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:Just for old times sake - and in Red's honor...

I WANNA HAVE TYRUS BABY!

I'm not gonna lie - I cried like a baby during the Red tribute. Johnny reminds me so much of my grandfather who passed away 3 yrs ago. Who knows how many thousands of hours I've sat listening to Red. Just so sad to see him struggling. God bless you Red. God Bless you and thank you for all the joy you brought into my home. My prayers are with you and your family.

Well said. I cried like a baby in my cheap seats, the wife will never let it go now and I already think she told her mother :oops:

Return to Chicago Bulls