Image ImageImage Image

Who should start at SG? John Salmons or Ben Gordon

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Who should start at SG? John Salmons or Ben Gordon

John Salmons
41%
Ben Gordon
59%

Total votes: 78

bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Re: Who should start at SG? John Salmons or Ben Gordon 

Post#41 » by bullzman23 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:31 am

lou4gehrig wrote:
Yeah? How come Gordon isn't locked up long-term with us? He seems to have alot of fans around here, but why isn't management one of them? People are talking about his superior defense and offense, yet management went out of their way to trade their most valuable asset (Gooden expiring) to acquire a 6-7 SG who plays Gordon's position. Why? Because he obviously lacks something.

Gordon still plays like this is his team. He had his chance and we were a very mediocre team relying on his streaky play.

Your post was bad because it doesn't make sense. You took their situations out of context and tried to apply it to the same debate. Lots of people wanted Salmons? Big whoop...they got Noce for him. Congratulations.

If Gordon and Salmons had the exact same contract, 30 teams would pick Gordon over Salmons.
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
bullzman23
RealGM

Post#42 » by bullzman23 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:32 am

lou4gehrig wrote:
bullzman23 wrote:I pray to god that Hinrich/Hughes are traded for expirings tomorrow.

Hughes is being rumored for expirings? Yeah? Like whom?

Malik Rose.

www.theslickscript.com
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#43 » by pduh01 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:33 am

Gordon will most likely remain a starter for the rest of this season if he does not come back which most likely he won't that I could see Salmons start in his place
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
lou4gehrig
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#44 » by lou4gehrig » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:33 am

bullzman23 wrote:If Gordon and Salmons had the exact same contract, 30 teams would pick Gordon over Salmons.

Where's the logic in that? A player's contract in most situations determines a players value in the NBA.
bullzman23
RealGM

Post#45 » by bullzman23 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:34 am

lou4gehrig wrote:
bullzman23 wrote:If Gordon and Salmons had the exact same contract, 30 teams would pick Gordon over Salmons.

Where's the logic in that? A player's contract in most situations determines a players value in the NBA.

We're going in circles, and I'm not participating. Your post was bad, and we're ending it at that.

www.theslickscript.com
lou4gehrig
Banned User

Post#46 » by lou4gehrig » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:36 am

bullzman23 wrote:
lou4gehrig wrote:
bullzman23 wrote:I pray to god that Hinrich/Hughes are traded for expirings tomorrow.

Hughes is being rumored for expirings? Yeah? Like whom?

Malik Rose.

Yeah, great trade. Why would we give the Knicks Hughes expiring so they can sign a top level free agent from us in 2010? You are hoping this trade happens?
lou4gehrig
Banned User

Post#47 » by lou4gehrig » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:37 am

bullzman23 wrote:
lou4gehrig wrote:

We're going in circles, and I'm not participating. Your post was bad, and we're ending it at that.

Perhaps you should respond with an intelligent argument? Instead of saying "your post is bad" like a child? I guess that's how you can pile up 13,000 posts, by adding little or no value to the thread.
bullzman23
RealGM

Post#48 » by bullzman23 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:39 am

lou4gehrig wrote:
Yeah, great trade. Why would we give the Knicks Hughes expiring so they can sign a top level free agent from us in 2010? You are hoping this trade happens?

WTF are you arguing with me for? I said, I pray that we trade Hughes for an expiring. I didn't originally claim that anything was rumored.

Then you asked to name a rumor, and I told you one that is on the front page of this website.

Second, the Knicks would be trading 2010 contracts for Hughes. They're not gaining anything new out of this, just something different.

www.theslickscript.com
parsley
Banned User

Post#49 » by parsley » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:40 am

Salmons is at best a 7th man on a championship team.
bullzman23
RealGM

Post#50 » by bullzman23 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:44 am

lou4gehrig wrote:
Perhaps you should respond with an intelligent argument? Instead of saying "your post is bad" like a child? I guess that's how you can pile up 13,000 posts, by adding little or no value to the thread.

Awesome. Anything else, sweetie?

www.theslickscript.com
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#51 » by Ralphb07 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:45 am

I think Salmons actually brings a lot to our team but Gordon is such a great scorer, it just depends on how you want to start the game out.

Me I would go with Salmons based on the defense side. Salmons would finally give us legit size and defense there.
dead rose
Sophomore

Post#52 » by dead rose » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:48 am

lou4gehrig wrote:
treis wrote:You start your best 2G.

Why did Manu come off the bench last year for San Antonio? Why did Kukoc used to come off the bench for us?

You start who makes sense for team balance.

Rose-Salmons-Deng-Tyrus-Miller
Hinrich-Gordon-Thabo-Noah

Gordon excels versus the 2nd team so he can focus solely on his offense and not worry about his weak D.

what sh*t logic. you're comparing the bulls to the spurs who have duncan and parker starting for them.
gordon excels against the 1st team just as much as the 2nd team. it's a myth that he's more effective against the opposing team's 2nd unit.
TheSchmaranz
Bench Warmer
And1: 108

Post#53 » by TheSchmaranz » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:49 am

parsley wrote:Salmons is at best a 7th man on a championship team.

What does that make Gordon exactly? :roll:
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#54 » by waffle » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:51 am

I said Gordon even though I am a Gordon detractor and like what Salmons brings to the team

But

Gordon has been great this year and has started all year. Salmons is going to have to earn his minutes and/or starting (even if he hates it)
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#55 » by Ralphb07 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:54 am

I just listen to the video on Chicago tribune and to me it sounds like VDN feels both guys are starters, that just what I got from it
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#56 » by jax98 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:55 am

bullzman23 wrote:
He excels more with the ball in his hands, that's true, but I'm fine with people other than Rose getting the ball. You can't really give the ball to Deng, Hinrich, Thomas (well sometimes), Noah, Miller, etc. and tell them to score. So in that regard, we'll need someone to take turns controlling the offense.

Gordon hasn't been playing off of Rose all that much either.

I pray to god that Hinrich/Hughes are traded for expirings tomorrow.

While true that Gordon has not played off the ball as much as originally believed, it's nothing compared to Salmons. Trust me my friend, Salmons is all about on-ball offense. He doesn't even move 10% of what Gordon does off the ball.

In my eyes, he does not fit a star PG. He fits a team with an established front-court.
The Evidence
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,621

Post#57 » by The Evidence » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:59 am

lou4gehrig wrote:
The Evidence wrote:Salmons isn't a good catch & shoot player, therefore, he is not a good fit next to Rose.

Neither is Gordon. Gordon is great shooting after dribbling 10 times and fading away.

Do you even watch Bulls games?

Well even if you don't, you could mosey on down to 82games.com to find out that Gordon is assisted on 47% of his jumpshots, on a measly 52.7% eFG. :lol:
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#58 » by JordansBulls » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:10 am

I Hate Names wrote:Start Salmons at the SF. We get 2 3-Point shooting Wings when Rose penetrates which is always great.

And where is Deng?

Please don't tell you gave someone 71 million for 6 years to come off the bench?

Maybe if we were already legit contenders you can do that.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
olympiakos777
Pro Prospect

Post#59 » by olympiakos777 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:08 am

McBulls wrote:Bulls fans need to find out just how bad this trade was. Sit Gordon in the stands, start Salmons and watch the wonderful results.

I completely agree with you, no way Salmons is starting over Gordon or even Hinrich....But Salmons should start over Deng..
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#60 » by Rerisen » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:14 am

Gordon. He has had the most consistently good year of any Bull. You don't just yank his starter position.

I also think Gordon has learned how to work with Rose far better than Salmons will, who likes to pound the rock himself and look for his own shot.

It took Gordon a while to adjust to Rose but now that he has done it, I don't want to go through that all over again with Salmons.

JS can also come off the bench at the 3 and spell Deng for some nice scoring punch off the bench.

Return to Chicago Bulls