Image ImageImage Image

Vinnie fires back

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Vinnie fires back 

Post#1 » by kyrv » Tue Mar 3, 2009 11:33 pm

Comcast - Vinnie said, paraphrasing, he'll coach the team and make decisions as he sees fit. Nobody knows this team better than he (Vinnie does). Rose will play in the 4th quarter but he wants to do things, he'll do what he wants.

His demeanor was very firm, even defiant.

(Also I think somewhere in there, reiterated, he (Vinnie) decides who plays and when.)
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Re: Vinnie fires back 

Post#2 » by Rerisen » Tue Mar 3, 2009 11:38 pm

Haha. Nice try. That is all for public consumption. Vinny has to look defiant to regain his respect to the media and players after Pax figuratively slapped him to the ground. Behind close doors, he will do as told of course.

Let's just see how many more games Kirk finishes here in the near future. :wink:
sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#3 » by sdeezy » Tue Mar 3, 2009 11:38 pm

Vinny comes across as a very stubborn dude....you can just tell
montestewart wrote:Blatche and McGee standing next to Boozer and Thomas reminded me of first-time offenders meeting real cons in a "scared straight" program.
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#4 » by SportsWorld » Tue Mar 3, 2009 11:39 pm

Bye Vinny
BadMojo
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#5 » by BadMojo » Tue Mar 3, 2009 11:39 pm

Well Vinny can take his defiant ass to the unemployment line if he keeps the franchise player on the bench anymore.
bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Post#6 » by bullzman23 » Tue Mar 3, 2009 11:40 pm

kyrv wrote:Nobody knows this team better than he (Vinnie does).

I just don't agree.
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
The Explorer
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#7 » by The Explorer » Tue Mar 3, 2009 11:41 pm

BullsandBears wrote:Well Vinny can take his defiant ass to the unemployment line if he keeps the franchise player on the bench anymore.

Can't get unemployment benefits if you're fired. :lol:
kyrv
RealGM

Post#8 » by kyrv » Tue Mar 3, 2009 11:43 pm

bullzman23 wrote:

I just don't agree.

That was Vinnie talking, and if it's true, we are in trouble. ;p Which, maybe we are.

I never thought that VDN would have anything other than a diplomatic response, he sounded very cocky and defiant. Given that his own flubs caused Pax to make the comments, I don't see making this an even bigger issue a good thing.

Maybe VDN was thinking, sure Pax, like you said Tyrus would play more for two seaons. ;p
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#9 » by jax98 » Tue Mar 3, 2009 11:43 pm

If Vinny goes against Paxson on this, he is so fired. Rose will play. If not, Vinny really does not want to be an NBA head coach. It's as simple as that.

I agree with Rerisen that this is basically a chest bump from VDN to indicate he's in the charge of the players.

We'll see how this plays out.
bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Post#10 » by bullzman23 » Tue Mar 3, 2009 11:46 pm

kyrv wrote:
bullzman23 wrote:

I just don't agree.

That was Vinnie talking, and if it's true, we are in trouble. ;p Which, maybe we are.

I never thought that VDN would have anything other than a diplomatic response, he sounded very cocky and defiant. Given that his own flubs caused Pax to make the comments, I don't see making this an even bigger issue a good thing.

Maybe VDN was thinking, sure Pax, like you said Tyrus would play more for two seaons. ;p

Yeah, I didn't mean to make it seem like I thought you made the comment that you know the Bulls better than anyone. Although, if you did, I would have had less disagreement with you than with Vinny ;).

If I were ranking the coaching staff, I'd probably rank him behind Oceipka and just ahead of Myers and Wilhelm. There's people on this coaching staff that probably "know" this team better than Del Negro.
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
kyrv
RealGM

Post#11 » by kyrv » Tue Mar 3, 2009 11:52 pm

bullzman23 wrote:
Yeah, I didn't mean to make it seem like I thought you made the comment that you know the Bulls better than anyone. Although, if you did, I would have had less disagreement with you than with Vinny ;).

If I were ranking the coaching staff, I'd probably rank him behind Oceipka and just ahead of Myers and Wilhelm. There's people on this coaching staff that probably "know" this team better than Del Negro.

It's pretty big barking from the poodle who is out of the playoffs with a losing record and has had many mistakes. Maybe other people will see it, hear it. I'm curious what other people thought. The chicago tribune live guys thought he was puffy chested (of course, consider the source).
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#12 » by madvillian » Tue Mar 3, 2009 11:53 pm

Cool, Derrick Rose in a bidding war between management. Good job guys.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#13 » by Rerisen » Tue Mar 3, 2009 11:54 pm

The thing I fear is us hanging on to Vinny to start next year then firing him sometime early in the season like we did with Skiles when the team is struggling or he appears to be losing them. If Gordon is walking there will almost certainly be a rocky adjustment period that makes a bad start more likely.

But to fire a coach early in the year like that, I hope Paxson will have learned never to do that again. Toronto tried the same thing this year with pretty similar disastrous results. If Pax has any qualms about Vinny he should just can him in the offseason.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#14 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Mar 3, 2009 11:57 pm

You know what, I'm glad that Vinny is standing up for myself. It means that he isn't going to bend over for anyone.

Sure, he made the mistake of benching Rose in the fourth a few games, but it isn't like he did it the entire season, and one of those games out of 3, it was the right decision. So basically we're talking about a sample size of only about 3 games or so.

Big deal.

I want him gone, yet Vinny is showing some balls, and good for him. Sometimes you have to stand up against your GM.
Why so serious?
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#15 » by pduh01 » Tue Mar 3, 2009 11:58 pm

If this is all true and VDN perform(coaching wise.) on the floor for the remainder of the season not "obeying" the GM's order even though I technically do not like GM interfear the coaches job not a big fan of. But I understand u are managing the team you are the GM and there is a line where you have to draw the line even if you have order your head coach.

I like to see the head coach and the general manage in a good relationship business wise and be on the same page. Right now if this is true that is not a good sign and things could get worse and VDN may get canned this summer even though I don't think that will happen but it may eventually happen if this whole situation make a big deal out of it.
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,160

Post#16 » by SHO'NUFF » Tue Mar 3, 2009 11:58 pm

No way. Vinny and Pax are on the same page. They think alike. That's the reason he was hired. Nothing big imo.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#17 » by pduh01 » Tue Mar 3, 2009 11:59 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:You know what, I'm glad that Vinny is standing up for myself. It means that he is going to bend over for anyone.

Sure, he made the mistake of benching Rose in the fourth a few games, but it isn't like he did it the entire season, and one of those games out of 3, it was the right decision. So basically we're talking about a sample size of only about 3 games or so.

Big deal.

I want him gone, yet Vinny is showing some balls, and good for him. Sometimes you have to stand up against your GM.

True, true
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#18 » by Red Larrivee » Wed Mar 4, 2009 12:01 am

kulaz3000 wrote:Sometimes you have to stand up against your GM.

Sure, when your GM is being a complete and utter imbecile. What Paxson said was a no-brainer. If that's what Vinny is standing up for, then this is nothing to commend him for. If he was responding to the question, he should've responded completely different than what kyrv just paraphrased. A response that was completely cliche ("I'm all for doing what's best for the team and it's future") and didn't imply any type of angst towards management.
heyhybrid
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#19 » by heyhybrid » Wed Mar 4, 2009 12:03 am

i do understand, that as a person in charge of an organism, it's a slap to the face and it belittles you as a not only a person but someone capable of managing a team - when someone, specially from your own team, publicly says he disagrees with a decision/move you've made and that what he thinks is what will be done. HOWEVER, it's stupid to sit out our future star player in the last minutes of the game. how will he ever grow and gain that experience, which at this point in his career is so important.

i love vinny, more so than any other coach we've ever had. i felt sympathy towards the guy and i still do, but vinny, don't push it.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#20 » by DanTown8587 » Wed Mar 4, 2009 12:09 am

Vinny doesn't have a leg to stand on here. Paxson has certain rights in terms of how the team gets coached and how they play. I mean this isn't an issue of the entire rotation and who is and isn't playing, its that the big picture is Derrick Rose and that VDN shouldn't forget it.

Return to Chicago Bulls