Image ImageImage Image

Vinnie fires back

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Neusch23
Head Coach
And1: 59

Re: Vinnie fires back 

Post#41 » by Neusch23 » Wed Mar 4, 2009 4:59 pm

I have said it before, and I will say it again. Pax has no right stating who should play, and when they should play.

If he doesn't like something that vinny is doing, if he feels strongly enough about it he should have a conversation with vinny, stress his opinion and go from there. If Vinny doesn't agree, he has to coach as he sees fit.

Pax also doesn't have to keep him as the coach. If pax wants to control the line up, then he should move down to the bench.

If this were phil jackson, and pax questioned his rotations, the crap would hit the fan. Just because vinny is a rookie coach doesn't me he is STILL the head coach.

I personally feel Vinny's days are numbered, and we are going to have ANOTHER head coach.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#42 » by kyrv » Wed Mar 4, 2009 5:07 pm

Neusch23 wrote:I have said it before, and I will say it again. Pax has no right stating who should play, and when they should play.

That is factually incorrect. Vinnie works for Pax. Pax is his boss.

Pax also doesn't have to keep him as the coach. If pax wants to control the line up, then he should move down to the bench.

Or could generally manage the team, which is his job.

If this were phil jackson, and pax questioned his rotations, the crap would hit the fan.

This isn't Phil Jackson.

Just because vinny is a rookie coach doesn't me he is STILL the head coach.

Vinnie is a rookie head coach that works for Paxson.
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,074

Post#43 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Wed Mar 4, 2009 5:22 pm

With this roster Pax put together there will always be somebody that isn't happy with who's getting what minutes. Plus Pax is the guy who hired Vinnie. To me this isn't a Pax vs Vinnie situation, who's right or who's wrong, it's a you both suck right now situation.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,485

Post#44 » by fleet » Wed Mar 4, 2009 7:12 pm

By Steve Rosenbloom

Originally posted: March 4, 2009

Vinny Del Negro says he makes the decisions on the players, and then the Chicago Bulls players make the decision to stink

It’s Wednesday, and I have all the answers . . .

Bulls coach-for-now Vinny Del Negro turned into Bulls coach-for-now Vinny Del
Redbutt. Or, if not red, then certainly tight.

To back up a bit -- and backing up a bit is something these Bulls players and executives are intimately familiar with -- general manager John Paxson had to tell his inexperienced, disrespected, mistake-prone coach to play his Franchise Player in the fourth quarter. True fact. Swear to Michael. No joke --- no, wait, this whole thing is a joke, from the failing GM to the rookie coach to the selfish and uncaring players.

Anyway, as you might expect, the inexperienced, disrespected, mistake-prone coach didn’t like the way that conversation has been portrayed. He sounded positively insulted, almost as insulted Bulls fans having an inexperienced, disrespected, mistake-prone coach foisted them.

And so, Vinny Del Negro became VinnyDel Redbutt: “I’ll make the decisions on the team on what I see fit for players and when they should play and when they don't.’’

Of course you do, junior. Yes indeed, sonny, you are the one making the decisions in this season that has turned into a sitcom. In fact, you’re Charles In Charge.

The inexperienced, disrespected, mistake-prone coach also said he knows his players better than anybody. Except he didn’t have an answer for why his players came out listless and heartless against the dogbreath Bobcats on Tuesday night.

Shouldn’t a guy who claims to know his players best know how to get the best out of his players, especially against one of the worst teams in the conference?

Sure, the manure the players flung in the face of this once-proud franchise is on them as much as anyone. Game-day preparation is the players’ responsibility in every sport, and these guys showed another side of their apathy or spinelessness, pick one or both.

The players laid down like dogs. From the start, they laid down like dogs. But here’s the thing: It’s easy to be a dog when you don’t have to fear the coach and there’s little reason to respect a guy who says he knows his players best but isn’t smart enough to put his best player on the court at the end of games.

Web poll question for the remainder for the Bulls season: Why is Vinny Del Negro still here?

Oh, wait. Almost forgot. Of the many ways to view the embarrassment known as the Bulls, here’s the latest and perhaps the most damning: The Bulls lose the playoff tiebreaker to the Bobcats.

Oh, wait. Almost forgot. Of the many reasons to view the Bulls as spineless, here’s a goody: Ben Gordon is talking about a “drop-off’’ in assimilating with the new guys acquired in trade, as if that explains Gordon’s missing every three-pointer and the guards who were here before the deal shot 13-for-36.

Luol Deng thought he had a fractured leg. An MRI showed otherwise. Deng wants a second opinion. OK, you’re a mental disaster, too.

John Salmons started for Deng, and I had big hopes. But he was as bad as the rest of the bunch. Maybe Deng’s underachieving virus is contagious in that spot.

Seventy pairs of underwear were stolen from Victoria’s Secret in Gurnee Mills. Dennis Rodman’s still around?

Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
laxmosher1
Bench Warmer
And1: 28

Post#45 » by laxmosher1 » Wed Mar 4, 2009 7:30 pm

Talk about your classic example of a message board overreaction. You guys really think this is a fire-able offense? Man I am glad I am not working for most of you. This is VDN's team, it is his job that the players respect him. The last thing a team needs is an owner deciding who plays and who doesnt. Do you seriously want a Jerry Jones type of owner?

Listen, we all complain about Rose's hunger, and determination. Maybe this is VDN's way of forcing it out of Rose. "if you want to play in the clutch, show me you want it" type of thing. It's time for rose to prove that he wants the ball when the game is on the line.

How can you guys realistically expect rose to change unless he is pushed by his coach? The guy is passive by nature, and needs to know that he needs to be the man when the game is on the line.

When you are as completive of a player as rose is... sitting out at the end of games will drive you crazy. To the point to where he will prove himself worthy of being the man who takes the last shot. I really see this is as a temporary move just to motivate Rose. If nothing does change, and Rose sits at the end of games the rest of the season, then perhaps we have a problem.
Darius Miles- career high 3pt field goals is 1.

Three Point Field Goals Made 1 - 19 Times
DJhitek
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,354

Post#46 » by DJhitek » Wed Mar 4, 2009 9:06 pm

fleetwood macbull wrote:By Steve Rosenbloom

Originally posted: March 4, 2009

Vinny Del Negro says he makes the decisions on the players, and then the Chicago Bulls players make the decision to stink

It’s Wednesday, and I have all the answers . . .

Bulls coach-for-now Vinny Del Negro turned into Bulls coach-for-now Vinny Del
Redbutt. Or, if not red, then certainly tight.

To back up a bit -- and backing up a bit is something these Bulls players and executives are intimately familiar with -- general manager John Paxson had to tell his inexperienced, disrespected, mistake-prone coach to play his Franchise Player in the fourth quarter. True fact. Swear to Michael. No joke --- no, wait, this whole thing is a joke, from the failing GM to the rookie coach to the selfish and uncaring players.

Anyway, as you might expect, the inexperienced, disrespected, mistake-prone coach didn’t like the way that conversation has been portrayed. He sounded positively insulted, almost as insulted Bulls fans having an inexperienced, disrespected, mistake-prone coach foisted them.

And so, Vinny Del Negro became VinnyDel Redbutt: “I’ll make the decisions on the team on what I see fit for players and when they should play and when they don't.’’

Of course you do, junior. Yes indeed, sonny, you are the one making the decisions in this season that has turned into a sitcom. In fact, you’re Charles In Charge.

The inexperienced, disrespected, mistake-prone coach also said he knows his players better than anybody. Except he didn’t have an answer for why his players came out listless and heartless against the dogbreath Bobcats on Tuesday night.

Shouldn’t a guy who claims to know his players best know how to get the best out of his players, especially against one of the worst teams in the conference?

Sure, the manure the players flung in the face of this once-proud franchise is on them as much as anyone. Game-day preparation is the players’ responsibility in every sport, and these guys showed another side of their apathy or spinelessness, pick one or both.

The players laid down like dogs. From the start, they laid down like dogs. But here’s the thing: It’s easy to be a dog when you don’t have to fear the coach and there’s little reason to respect a guy who says he knows his players best but isn’t smart enough to put his best player on the court at the end of games.

Web poll question for the remainder for the Bulls season: Why is Vinny Del Negro still here?

Oh, wait. Almost forgot. Of the many ways to view the embarrassment known as the Bulls, here’s the latest and perhaps the most damning: The Bulls lose the playoff tiebreaker to the Bobcats.

Oh, wait. Almost forgot. Of the many reasons to view the Bulls as spineless, here’s a goody: Ben Gordon is talking about a “drop-off’’ in assimilating with the new guys acquired in trade, as if that explains Gordon’s missing every three-pointer and the guards who were here before the deal shot 13-for-36.

Luol Deng thought he had a fractured leg. An MRI showed otherwise. Deng wants a second opinion. OK, you’re a mental disaster, too.

John Salmons started for Deng, and I had big hopes. But he was as bad as the rest of the bunch. Maybe Deng’s underachieving virus is contagious in that spot.

Seventy pairs of underwear were stolen from Victoria’s Secret in Gurnee Mills. Dennis Rodman’s still around?

Usually Rosenbloom is an idiot just looking for the right time to sound off on anything negative but this wasn't too bad of a read.

Return to Chicago Bulls