Image ImageImage Image

Trade from Utah board

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

BullsFan123
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Trade from Utah board 

Post#21 » by BullsFan123 » Tue May 19, 2009 6:38 pm

No way!

Don't give up on Tyrus yet for a couple of role players. Beside Brewer has no confidence in his jumpshot, it was terrible against the Lakers; they left him wide open from 18 ft and dared him to shoot. After missing three or four in a row he would stop shooting no matter how open he was. I would rather have Thabo than Brewer. Millsap is also an undersized PF like Glen Davis and is not that good (just like Davis).

Go Tyrus!!!
mcmaximus
Sixth Man
Location: Anywhere where there's food, internet access, and a bed

Post#22 » by mcmaximus » Tue May 19, 2009 6:43 pm

Didn't the Bulls pass on Ronnie Brewer in the draft 3 yrs ago, in order to draft Thabo Sefelosha? If they didn't like him enough to draft him, why bring him to the Bulls now?
Paul Milsap is playing well, but trading Tyrus for Milsap does nothing to help the Bulls. Milsap is undersized. He's not that go-to low post player that the Bulls covet.
No to Utah.
MeatWad0
Banned User

Post#23 » by MeatWad0 » Tue May 19, 2009 6:46 pm

Leto wrote:Milsap sucks at man defense or help defense. Tyrus is already at over 10ppg right now. That includes his crappy season start and at fewer minutes than Milsap.

Counterpart PER is not a stat I really care about because defense is a team sport.

Milsap is short, can't defend and is a marginal scorer who has no upside. I'll take Tyrus.

Edit: Tyrus averaged 10.9 PPG and 6.4 boards in 27 mins...that is very close to what Milsap averaged whether you like it or not.

Uh I'm sorry you have terrible logic and ignore facts, there IS indeed a counterpart PER.

You simply are ignoring facts to make your faulty argument hold water.

I'm not going to argue with some one like that.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#24 » by Rerisen » Tue May 19, 2009 6:49 pm

This would make a lot of sense. Milsap matches with Noah a lot better than Tyrus. And Brewer is a real SG unlike Kirk, even if he isn't stellar overall. He gives you a good sized player at that position (which should make a lot of people here happy) to come off the Bench behind BG ideally. He's a good finisher around the rim as well, and we could use more of that.

We would just need some kind of backup PG for 10 minutes a game or so.
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,850

Post#25 » by Ben » Tue May 19, 2009 6:56 pm

I would do it in a heartbeat.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#26 » by Leto » Tue May 19, 2009 7:00 pm

MeatWad0 wrote:
Leto wrote:Milsap sucks at man defense or help defense. Tyrus is already at over 10ppg right now. That includes his crappy season start and at fewer minutes than Milsap.

Counterpart PER is not a stat I really care about because defense is a team sport.

Milsap is short, can't defend and is a marginal scorer who has no upside. I'll take Tyrus.

Edit: Tyrus averaged 10.9 PPG and 6.4 boards in 27 mins...that is very close to what Milsap averaged whether you like it or not.

Uh I'm sorry you have terrible logic and ignore facts, there IS indeed a counterpart PER.

Yes, such terrible logic thinking defense is a team sport. As if Tyrus is on the floor at all times and guarding the opposing PF. You simply are ignoring all other variables because you either love Milsap or hate Tyrus---probably both.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#27 » by BrooklynBulls » Tue May 19, 2009 7:02 pm

People that think Millsap is a poor defender need to be disregarded, having never actually watched him play defense. He's entirely too small to be as good defensively as he is.
Sever82
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#28 » by Sever82 » Tue May 19, 2009 7:06 pm

MeatWad0 wrote:

Just to throw it out there but its annoying for people to throw out PER stats as if they're the end all of everything. Shaq has a better PER than Bosh, does that mean you would take him over Bosh. I think you have to look at the overall circumstances and players they play with. Mislap plays with a developed PG in Williams who has learned to set him up easily, Tyrus plays with Rose who has yet to learn that part of the game as well. Mislap plays under Sloan who is an experienced coach and is a defensive minded coach while Tyrus has played under three different coaches in his young career. Sorry buddy just because you throw a PER stat out there doesn't make it correct. Its like when hollinger was making the argument that Westbrook was better than Rose while ignoring the fact that Rose gets double teamed and defenses focus their attention on him but not on Westbrook.
Frank Vogel (Pacer's Coach) on Derrick Rose: "Iverson's Speed, Jason Kidd's Vision, Chauncey Billups Shot and Michael Jordans Athleticism."
Leto
RealGM

Post#29 » by Leto » Tue May 19, 2009 7:06 pm

Milsap is not a good match with Noah unless you want to play small ball. He's like 6'6". who do you think he's going to guard?
Leto
RealGM

Post#30 » by Leto » Tue May 19, 2009 7:07 pm

BrooklynBulls wrote:People that think Millsap is a poor defender need to be disregarded, having never actually watched him play defense. He's entirely too small to be as good defensively as he is.

Yes, of course. Dismiss people who disagree with you as if they've never watched a basketball game. Please.
MeatWad0
Banned User

Post#31 » by MeatWad0 » Tue May 19, 2009 7:09 pm

Leto wrote:
MeatWad0 wrote:

Yes, such terrible logic thinking defense is a team sport. As if Tyrus is on the floor at all times and guarding the opposing PF. You simply are ignoring all other variables because you either love Milsap or hate Tyrus---probably both.

Neither.

I don't love tall black men sorry.

Tyrus is not a good one-on-one defender, he is not a good rebounder, he does not box-out well, he does not clean up on the offensive glass, he does not set good screens, he does not have the bulk to defend a true post player down low, he does not make all the right decisions on the basketball court.

Paul Milsap does all of these and Tyrus flat out doesn't, and Tyrus does have the ability to do all of these things but hasn't learned how to in 3 years and I'm not holding my breath for him to start learning.

If he does get his head out of the sand next year and start doing all the things that a Power forward must do then, then fine he could stay, becuase he would be a pretty good player.

Tyrus is a better athlete then Milsap, not a better basketball player.
MeatWad0
Banned User

Post#32 » by MeatWad0 » Tue May 19, 2009 7:11 pm

Leto wrote:Milsap is not a good match with Noah unless you want to play small ball. He's like 6'6". who do you think he's going to guard?

Yeah your right, just look at the job Tyrus did at guarding Glen Davis.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,826

Post#33 » by kulaz3000 » Tue May 19, 2009 7:12 pm

Are people honestly second guessing this trade?

Really?
Why so serious?
MeatWad0
Banned User

Post#34 » by MeatWad0 » Tue May 19, 2009 7:17 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:Are people honestly second guessing this trade?

Really?

Duh Tyrus can jump over Lindsey Hunter in a single bond, can Mr. Milsap do that?
sonny
RealGM
And1: 269

Post#35 » by sonny » Tue May 19, 2009 7:17 pm

As a starter, 38 games, half of his season, he put up 16/10/2/1/1 in 34mpg.

When Boozer came back, his minutes and touches dropped and he put up 11/7/1/1/1 in 26mpg.

If Amare/Bosh/West doesn't happen, no reason we shouldn't jump on this as long as Paul's contract isn't ridiculous
Leto
RealGM

Post#36 » by Leto » Tue May 19, 2009 7:18 pm

MeatWad0 wrote:
Leto wrote:Milsap is not a good match with Noah unless you want to play small ball. He's like 6'6". who do you think he's going to guard?

Yeah your right, just look at the job Tyrus did at guarding Glen Davis.

Yeah. Or how about the job Milsap did against Pau Gasol and Odom who just annihilated him
kozelkid
Bench Warmer
And1: 56

Post#37 » by kozelkid » Tue May 19, 2009 7:19 pm

I'd easily do it. With that being said. Millsap is most definitely still not the solution for a future at pf. However, great bruiser and depth.
In response to http://www.mediatakeout.com/2009/37659- ... ebook.html

TB#1 wrote:Its like a 21st Century Scarlet Letter.
Miltpalaciofanclub
Bench Warmer
And1: 93

Post#38 » by Miltpalaciofanclub » Tue May 19, 2009 7:20 pm

Utah just publically said that they are doing whatever it takes to keep Millsap. Is that a ringing endorsement for Boozer? I'd like to see Tyrus take away Boozer's starting lineup spot. When given a consistant 40 minutes, his strength and breath bolsters a skinny fast team wihtout any interior meat.

Milsap averaged 16.3 and 10.3 per 36 minutes as opposed to Scarecrow's 14.2 and 8.4 while beating out an NBA allstar for his starting job on a Western conference playoff team. He also watched Okur chuck his way to ignominy, shared minutes with Kirilenko, and sacrifice 11 minutes a game to Sloan and Utah's fetish in Harpring. Whiteboy manlove aside, the Jazz are intent in keeping Millsap because he is a better defender and rebounder than Boozer. The wiretap story all as much confirms this. Despite the melanin, he fits the Utah model and the LDS fans acknowledge how good he is. He's won them over which is not small task.

Even if Utah needed to sate their Aryan affixation with Kirk, they'd sully their fascination with Tyrus's addition. Having Tyrus and Kirilenko on the same team is like having a chubby wife and a 200 lb mistress.
Rerisen wrote: There was a big thread on the GB making fun of Austin Rivers for his 8 PER and only playing cuz his dad is the coach. Snell's is even worse.... who's kid is he, Gar's?
MeatWad0
Banned User

Post#39 » by MeatWad0 » Tue May 19, 2009 7:20 pm

lmao.... wow.

Do you not see the difference in getting light up by Glen Davis and Pau Gasol?
Leto
RealGM

Post#40 » by Leto » Tue May 19, 2009 7:24 pm

MeatWad0 wrote:
Leto wrote:
Yeah. Or how about the job Milsap did against Pau Gasol and Odom who just annihilated him

lmao.... wow.

Do you not see the difference in getting light up by Glen Davis and Pau Gasol?

Yeah, I hated when we played the Lakers at home and Tyrus went for 15points and 16 rebounds and 3 blks. Has Millsap had 3 blks all season?

Return to Chicago Bulls