Image ImageImage Image

Trade from Utah board

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Grand Champ
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Trade from Utah board 

Post#41 » by Grand Champ » Tue May 19, 2009 7:26 pm

Leto wrote:
MeatWad0 wrote:
Leto wrote:Milsap is not a good match with Noah unless you want to play small ball. He's like 6'6". who do you think he's going to guard?

Yeah your right, just look at the job Tyrus did at guarding Glen Davis.

Yeah. Or how about the job Milsap did against Pau Gasol and Odom who just annihilated him

I like lamp
Miltpalaciofanclub
Bench Warmer
And1: 93

Post#42 » by Miltpalaciofanclub » Tue May 19, 2009 7:27 pm

Leto wrote:Yeah, I hated when we played the Lakers at home and Tyrus went for 15points and 16 rebounds and 3 blks. Has Millsap had 3 blks all season?

No, but he took Carlos Boozer's job.
Rerisen wrote: There was a big thread on the GB making fun of Austin Rivers for his 8 PER and only playing cuz his dad is the coach. Snell's is even worse.... who's kid is he, Gar's?
sonny
RealGM
And1: 269

Post#43 » by sonny » Tue May 19, 2009 7:30 pm

Leto wrote:
MeatWad0 wrote:lmao.... wow.

Do you not see the difference in getting light up by Glen Davis and Pau Gasol?

Yeah, I hated when we played the Lakers at home and Tyrus went for 15points and 16 rebounds and 3 blks. Has Millsap had 3 blks all season?

What about the game he put up 9 and had 4 turnovers in 31 minutes.

If we're going to compare stats or numbers against certain teams, Millsap is going to win.

Despite Millsap's height, he's produced on both sides of the ball, and as Milt has said, he's taken Boozer's job an all-star caliber player.
Grand Champ
Banned User

Post#44 » by Grand Champ » Tue May 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Leto wrote:
MeatWad0 wrote:
Yeah. Or how about the job Milsap did against Pau Gasol and Odom who just annihilated him

lmao.... wow.

Yeah, I hated when we played the Lakers at home and Tyrus went for 15points and 16 rebounds and 3 blks. Has Millsap had 3 blks all season?

Yeah in game 3 of the playoffs he had one... he AVERAGES 1 block per game...

He also had 3+ blocks in 7 regular season games as a non starter most of the time. Way to take the strongest part of one players game and compare it against the worst part of another players game. How very objective of you.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#45 » by BrooklynBulls » Tue May 19, 2009 7:38 pm

Leto wrote:
BrooklynBulls wrote:People that think Millsap is a poor defender need to be disregarded, having never actually watched him play defense. He's entirely too small to be as good defensively as he is.

Yes, of course. Dismiss people who disagree with you as if they've never watched a basketball game. Please.

I believe you've watched basketball. Maybe even sometimes with Millsap in it. I don't think you ever paid attention to his defense though. Because I've seen you evaluate defense, and you know what a good defender looks like. And Millsap is a good defender. Ergo, you've never seen him play defense.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#46 » by boogydown » Tue May 19, 2009 7:40 pm

Tyrus averaged close to 14/8 in the last 38 games of the season.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#47 » by Leto » Tue May 19, 2009 7:55 pm

sonny wrote:
Leto wrote:
MeatWad0 wrote:lmao.... wow.

What about the game he put up 9 and had 4 turnovers in 31 minutes.

If we're going to compare stats or numbers against certain teams, Millsap is going to win.

Despite Millsap's height, he's produced on both sides of the ball, and as Milt has said, he's taken Boozer's job an all-star caliber player.

He did not take Boozer's job. Boozer was hurt. Boozer started vs. the Lakers the entire series.

Tyrus played 27+ mins last season and scored 10.8 ppg with 6.4 rebounds on 45% shooting.

Millsap played 30+mins a game and scored 13.5 ppg with 8.5 boards on 53% shooting. The only significant difference is FG%. That can be attributed to Tyrus' horrible start to the season that destroyed his confidence. Millsap is a better rebounder at this point---maybe. If he plays next to Noah, he probably won't get as many boards. Still: Edge Millsap

Millsap cannot guard anyone---including post players. He can't guard on the perimeter,. He can't guard P&R...he is atrocious man defense and is non-existent help defender. Tyrus cant guard post up players very well. He can at times and has the ability. He can also guard P&R and out on the perimeter on switches. He's the best help defender on the Bulls team. Edge Tyrus.

On balance, they are about even except Tyrus has a gigantic upside while Millsap isn't going to be better than he is.

So, while you may think Millsap is so much better..he isn't and I disagree. Further, Tyrus definitely has more upside--I think everyone can agree with that. Therefore, I wouldn't make the trade. I expect Tyrus to be bigger stronger and more polished by the start of next season. If he is, he is better than Millsap can ever be because Millsap doesn't have that upside. I'm not trading that potential for Millsap.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,360

Post#48 » by DASMACKDOWN » Tue May 19, 2009 7:58 pm

The one thing about the Bulls and the fans is, we are moody and fickle.

The thing about trades is, no matter what the circumstance, we always seem to go full circle in terms of that we end up looking for.

Usually the guy we just let go or traded.

We traded Eddy and we are still looking for low post offense.

We will probably trade Kirk, then we will be starving for a guard who could play defense.

If we trade Tyrus, we will be looking for someone who can block shots and athletic.

If we let go Gordon, we will be looking for another player who can score 20+ pts.

It seems to never fail with us.

We never seem to fix out holes but rather create new ones.
The Cult of Personality
MeatWad0
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#49 » by MeatWad0 » Tue May 19, 2009 8:02 pm

Leto, whatever dude your circle logic just ran itself into you and your down to, Tyrus *could* average Milsaps numbers, and Tyrus has potential, and he averages more blocks....

I'm going to like this, watch more Milsap, look less at Tyrus highlight dunks, blocks, etc.
Leto
RealGM

Post#50 » by Leto » Tue May 19, 2009 8:02 pm

You're rigth about that smack. I also think people are reacting to the last thing they saw. I.E., Our guys vs. the wide body Celtics. They automatically think we need to get a short fat kid to play down low. Its an over reaction. If the Magic had lost, they'd probably be saying the same thing.
Leto
RealGM

Post#51 » by Leto » Tue May 19, 2009 8:04 pm

MeatWad0 wrote:Leto, whatever dude your circle logic just ran itself into you and your down to, Tyrus *could* average Milsaps numbers, and Tyrus has potential, and he averages more blocks....

I'm going to like this, watch more Milsap, look less at Tyrus highlight dunks, blocks, etc.

Your must be dreaming because, as far as I can tell, Millsap plays for the Jazz.
JackFinn
RealGM
And1: 1,605

Post#52 » by JackFinn » Tue May 19, 2009 8:05 pm

No waaaaaay Utah does this.
Grand Champ
Banned User

Post#53 » by Grand Champ » Tue May 19, 2009 8:08 pm

Leto wrote:You're rigth about that smack. I also think people are reacting to the last thing they saw. I.E., Our guys vs. the wide body Celtics. They automatically think we need to get a short fat kid to play down low. Its an over reaction. If the Magic had lost, they'd probably be saying the same thing.

Millsap is the same size as Karl Malone (6'8" 250)... how exactly is he too small? Oh wait, logic fails to you...
ptpablo
Bench Warmer
And1: 124

Post#54 » by ptpablo » Tue May 19, 2009 8:11 pm

the more I think about this summer...

I want Bosh or Stoudamire

or

stay pat (resign BG/draft BPAs)
Leto
RealGM

Post#55 » by Leto » Tue May 19, 2009 8:14 pm

Grand.Champ wrote:
Leto wrote:You're rigth about that smack. I also think people are reacting to the last thing they saw. I.E., Our guys vs. the wide body Celtics. They automatically think we need to get a short fat kid to play down low. Its an over reaction. If the Magic had lost, they'd probably be saying the same thing.

Millsap is the same size as Karl Malone (6'8" 250)... how exactly is he too small? Oh wait, logic fails to you...

According to Draftexpress, he measured at 6' 6.25" without shoes. Oh wait, facts.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,669

Post#56 » by sco » Tue May 19, 2009 8:14 pm

Grand.Champ wrote:

How many championships did Malone win again?
:clap:
rose2tyrus
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#57 » by rose2tyrus » Tue May 19, 2009 8:17 pm

I see more Barkley in Paul then Malone
Rose-Wade in Chicago come 2010
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,360

Post#58 » by DASMACKDOWN » Tue May 19, 2009 8:19 pm

Its always like that for anyone but it seems we do it much worse.

Everything is what have you done for me lately. Which is why a guy can be really good today and crappy tomorrow. Crappy most of the season, untouchable tomorrow. Its silly really.

Why Tyrus can be good to really good for 3 straight months, but is crappy now because he had 3 poor final games in the playoffs. But he did have 3 good games and the last 1 incomplete because Vinny didnt trust him (he was having a nice game)

Im just saying, why can't we see all our guys through?

If we have to move Tyrus, let it be for a guy that we have and never have to look back. ie Bosh, Amare.

Lets see what this guy has up to at least trading deadline.
The Cult of Personality
Jo Jo English
RealGM
And1: 4,981

Post#59 » by Jo Jo English » Tue May 19, 2009 8:23 pm

No way Utah would do this deal.

Sign me up for it however.
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 754

Post#60 » by Hold That » Tue May 19, 2009 8:25 pm

Leto wrote:
Grand.Champ wrote:

According to Draftexpress, he measured at 6' 6.25" without shoes. Oh wait, facts.

Seeing that basketball is a game that requires shoes, that measurement is irrelevant, especially considering the fact that he's already proven that he can bang in the post, play good defense, and could be a starting PF for more than half of the teams in the NBA.

And Tyrus has had a low BBALL I.Q, his whole career DASMACKDOWN, it didn't just start in the NBA PLAYOFFS. It's the fact that he refuses to accept his role, and focus on soley on what he's good at.

Return to Chicago Bulls