Image ImageImage Image

Trade from Utah board

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,118

Re: Trade from Utah board 

Post#81 » by MrSparkle » Tue May 19, 2009 10:59 pm

I don't see Utah doing it, unless they resign Boozer. But that would be a great trade for Chicago; I'd follow up with a Deng salary dump , so we can resign Gordon, and spare some long-range shooting.

That said, if Bosh is "available", I'd pursue that first. Noah/Deng/Hinrich/#16 for Bosh/Kapono. I like it, because it leaves a golden opportunity for a blockbuster deadline trade. Expirings (James/Thomas/Miller), future draft picks, Tyrus... that should be more than enough to get another superstar if we're lucky and one becomes available.

Rose, Gordon, Bosh... plus one more elite player? *Salivates* That would be sick, AND, that would be three high-paid players (since Rose would still be on rookie deal), thus a completely manageable cap situation (ala every great team in the league).

But to go back to Millsap/Brewer... again, I'd be down for that trade, but I think it would be a conservative, modest upgrade. While this team showed that it can compete, let's not forget that:

a) That was a KG-less Celtics team. Say what you want, but it's basically like the Knicks playing Bulls without Jordan. He is a very integral part of their offense AND defense, and KG was the MVP candidate, not Pierce or Allen.

b) I've seen enough promising late-season battles/comebacks with disappointing follow-up seasons to fall for this again. Make conservative moves, and you'll moderately improve like the Hawks, with no hope for a title really. Millsap and Brewer are good, but they're not great. They're role-players. This team needs a go-to guy to compliment Rose. Like Bosh, Amare, etc.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#82 » by musiqsoulchild » Wed May 20, 2009 4:21 pm

I think Utah does the trade for two reasons:

a) Kirk is very much a Sloan mold of player...defense is his strong suit
b) Sentimental reasons aside, Utah lost any playoff aspirations they had when they lost Deron Williams at the start of the season.

In the West, playoff position is all that matters....and every game lost/won is important. Their SF rotations is pretty good, their frontcourt is solid....it's their backcourt that needs a high quality bakcup.

Kirk is probably a starting guard (at the 2) on the Jazz and the perfect backup 1 to Deron Williams.

I am all for this trade....Tyrus has a lot of potential, but you cannot say no to the kind of player that Milsap is. Perfect Paxson fit.

I will also go this far: Replace Tyrus with Milsap and we would have been fighting Orlando in the second round.
For love, not money.
DanChee33
Junior
And1: 26

Post#83 » by DanChee33 » Wed May 20, 2009 5:54 pm

Rerisen wrote:The whole excuse with Tyrus was once that he didn't get a chance, and just needed to start. Well this year he started. 60 games. And he put up 11.8 and 6.8 rebounds on a meager 44% shooting, while playing very suspect on/off defense.

Milsap by comparison, has a legit claim to the starter argument. When he started he put up 16 PPG and 10.3 rebounds and shot 54%, the type of efficient easy baskets you want from your PF. His TS% was probably around .600 as a starter, that's ridiculously good. Tyrus's TS% was .525, the same as Larry Hughes when he was here. And that is from our PF... I would take Milsap's production from our PF and be very happy next year.

+1
I was thinking to write this to Leto, but I was too lazy to look up the stats and type it.
I really like how Millsap plays and what he brings on the table every night. Anybody could see how he conributed when he was a starter...
Time has come...
DanChee33
Junior
And1: 26

Post#84 » by DanChee33 » Wed May 20, 2009 6:00 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:I will also go this far: Replace Tyrus with Milsap and we would have been fighting Orlando in the second round.

True
Time has come...
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,734

Post#85 » by DuckIII » Wed May 20, 2009 6:27 pm

sco wrote:Trade discussed on Utah board (as part of a bigger discussion):

Trade 1 (w/ Chicago Bulls)
Kirk Hinrich and Tyrus Thomas for Paul Millsap (S&T) and Ronnie Brewer

Hinrich will be a great fit with the Jazz style and he can play both 1 & 2 for the Jazz. Thomas fills the gap left by dparting FAs. The Bulls get a stud young swingman to replace Hinrich and a low post beast in Millsap to shore up their front line.

Where do I sign? Utah, unfortunately, would never do this.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Post#86 » by bullzman23 » Wed May 20, 2009 6:43 pm

This thread is awesome. Leto making circular arguments that don't make sense. Bullhitter coming out of nowhere and arrogantly declaring that this forum is ignorant. The rest discussing seven pages worth of a trade that has no chance in hell.

And yet, no one has mentioned that the best part of this potential trade would be the endless Hinrich-Hornacek comparisons.
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
BULLHITTER
Banned User
And1: 19

Post#87 » by BULLHITTER » Wed May 20, 2009 6:48 pm

Bullhitter coming out of nowhere

thank you.......i do seven shows weekly.....btw where the f**k did you come from? somewhere?

and yes, i agree the trade has no chance in hell of happening; are people really that ignorant?
Jo Jo English
RealGM
And1: 4,981

Post#88 » by Jo Jo English » Wed May 20, 2009 6:57 pm

bullzman23 wrote:This thread is awesome. Leto making circular arguments that don't make sense. Bullhitter coming out of nowhere and arrogantly declaring that this forum is ignorant. The rest discussing seven pages worth of a trade that has no chance in hell.

And yet, no one has mentioned that the best part of this potential trade would be the endless Hinrich-Hornacek comparisons.

Interesting. When shooting a free throw instead of rubbing the side of his face a few times (to say 'hello' to his children) like Hornacek, Hinrich could scratch his junk three times as a nod to the *loose women* he'd hooked up with during the previous week.

*edited away from the R-rated content*
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#89 » by Rerisen » Wed May 20, 2009 7:08 pm

bullzman23 wrote:And yet, no one has mentioned that the best part of this potential trade would be the endless Hinrich-Hornacek comparisons.

Wow, Kirk has been downgraded to Horny? When he came in as a rook, he was getting some obligatory Stockton comparisons. :lol:

Hey Hornacek is a good standard too though, at least he isn't getting compared to John Crotty.
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#90 » by BR0D1E86 » Wed May 20, 2009 8:42 pm

Hey Hornacek is a good standard too though, at least he isn't getting compared to John Crotty.

Hey, I seem to recall John Crotty’s stroke being pretty money in some extremely old video game. I did pretty well having him camp out in the corner and bomb 3’s anyway.

Return to Chicago Bulls