Image ImageImage Image

ESPN: Blair bad knees and Derozan guarantee

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

fatboy1111
Senior
And1: 5

Re: ESPN: Blair bad knees and Derozan guarantee 

Post#41 » by fatboy1111 » Fri Jun 5, 2009 3:50 am

You guys have great points, but tyler has done it against the best of the best for 4 yrs consistent. most of the guys he's played against are in the nba or are going.. and he produced against them.
Chi Dynasty12
Analyst
And1: 140

Post#42 » by Chi Dynasty12 » Fri Jun 5, 2009 3:54 am

fatboy1111 wrote:tyler would have scored 20 plus on blair..............pass on sweetney #2

Blasphemy!
bdiddy04 wrote:If Blair had both of his legs amputated he'd still be a better player than Tyler.

This is true, all he needs is that wingspan.
Chicago Bears 2025 Super Bowl Champions
theagent
General Manager
And1: 508

Post#43 » by theagent » Fri Jun 5, 2009 3:58 am

that report alone just cost Blair some $$$
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,850

Post#44 » by Ben » Fri Jun 5, 2009 4:20 am

fatboy1111 wrote:You guys have great points, but tyler has done it against the best of the best for 4 yrs consistent. most of the guys he's played against are in the nba or are going.. and he produced against them.

No offense, but that's a vast over-generalization. "Most" of the guys Tyler played against can now enter an NBA arena the same way that you or I can, by buying a ticket. Sure, Tyler's team played tough schedules, but that doesn't mean that he was consistently going up against NBA-caliber big men. Can you name the ones he did face? I know that there was Duke with Josh McRoberts, Ohio State with Kosta Koufos (I think that Oden was out the year before)-- and Tyler shot very poorly in that game-- , Georgetown with Roy Hibbert, and who else? Obviously there must have been some, but not really that many. I like Hansbrough and I hope that he has a good pro career. But let's not pretend that his level of collegiate competition was generally anything like the NBA.
olympiakos777
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#45 » by olympiakos777 » Fri Jun 5, 2009 4:53 am

Im surprised Sweetney wasnt taken by any 1 after the Bulls had him..I know he was out of shape, but he wasnt bad at all down low..He had some low post scoring that the bulls reeeally need today.
t-time
RealGM
And1: 1,794

Post#46 » by t-time » Fri Jun 5, 2009 4:58 am

Does anyone know what has happened to Sweetney? Is he playing basketball anywhere? I did a search on him and could find nothing. Its a pity because the guy had talent..
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#47 » by kyrv » Fri Jun 5, 2009 5:06 am

t-time wrote:Does anyone know what has happened to Sweetney? Is he playing basketball anywhere? I did a search on him and could find nothing. Its a pity because the guy had talent..

He was a pretty odd situation. From my memory, most overweight players are kind of slovenly on the court as well. Sweetney was a real hustle player and played hard.

I think he must have or have had a serious eating problem/disorder.
hardcore
Banned User

Post#48 » by hardcore » Fri Jun 5, 2009 5:13 am

I like Blair, maybe a shorter Glen Davis
sonny
RealGM
And1: 269

Post#49 » by sonny » Fri Jun 5, 2009 5:14 am

t-time wrote:Does anyone know what has happened to Sweetney? Is he playing basketball anywhere? I did a search on him and could find nothing. Its a pity because the guy had talent..

Our update guys have found nothing on him.

I think Sam Smith said he couldn't find anything on him.
bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Post#50 » by bullzman23 » Fri Jun 5, 2009 7:00 am

If I remember correctly, Smith once said that Sweetney was taking the death of his father very hard and that the player's association lost complete touch with him.
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
Puertorique
Banned User

Post#51 » by Puertorique » Fri Jun 5, 2009 7:03 am

bdiddy04 wrote:If Blair had both of his legs amputated he'd still be a better player than Tyler.

I'll take Hansborough over Blair.
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,850

Post#52 » by Ben » Fri Jun 5, 2009 12:26 pm

Puertorique wrote:

Then you've got a much better chance of being happy on draft night than most of us do.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#53 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Fri Jun 5, 2009 12:44 pm

Ben B. wrote:
Puertorique wrote:

Then you've got a much better chance of being happy on draft night than most of us do.

I'd like Blair, but it seems very likely - even with catastrophic knee issues - that he is going to be drafted before we even get close to our pick. In that case I am all over a Tyler pick at 16.

That being said, Chad Ford latest column quotes unnamed team sources - for teams picking in the lottery - as saying that after Hansbrough's combine performance that they are reevaluating their initial evaluation of him.

All of this boils down to the fact that I have to attend Dougs draft party just to hear the collective groan when Tyler's name gets called at 16. I should get a Bulls jersey made with Hansbrough's name just so I can wear it to the party.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,683

Post#54 » by DuckIII » Fri Jun 5, 2009 1:43 pm

sonny wrote:

Our update guys have found nothing on him.

I think Sam Smith said he couldn't find anything on him.

You'd think he'd be easy to find.

Ba-dump-ump, tssssshhhh.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by DuckIII » Fri Jun 5, 2009 1:45 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:
I'd like Blair, but it seems very likely - even with catastrophic knee issues - that he is going to be drafted before we even get close to our pick. In that case I am all over a Tyler pick at 16.

Me too. Though I still hold a candle for Terrance Williams. Right now, I'm here:

1. Blair
2. Williams or Hansbrough

Hansbrough won't be around at 26. If the Bulls like him, they need to take him at 16 if he's on the board.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#56 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Fri Jun 5, 2009 1:50 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Magilla_Gorilla wrote:

Me too. Though I still hold a candle for Terrance Williams. Right now, I'm here:

1. Blair
2. Williams or Hansbrough

Hansbrough won't be around at 26. If the Bulls like him, they need to take him at 16 if he's on the board.

I haven't seen two minutes of Williams so I shouldn't really have an opinion one way or the other - but that being said - those shooting percentages scare the hell out of me.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by DuckIII » Fri Jun 5, 2009 1:53 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:
I haven't seen two minutes of Williams so I shouldn't really have an opinion one way or the other - but that being said - those shooting percentages scare the hell out of me.

When have I ever cared about shooting? I operate under the assumption that Gordon will be re-signed, Hinrich will be traded, Deng will be retained, and Salmons will walk after this season. And even if just most of those things happen, rather than all, then Williams blends well.
BULLHITTER
Banned User
And1: 19

Post#58 » by BULLHITTER » Fri Jun 5, 2009 2:17 pm

i was quite impressed with williams' floor game; i haven't seen enough of his shooting to have an opinion, but i think he can get his own shot and distribute, so he'd be my pick if he's available. i like clark too, but his "coasting" mentality is disturbing; sort of like a poor man's lamar odom. from that angle, having a buttload of money doesn't provide incentive to be a great player. i'm also fine with henderson, but i have no recollection of johnson in the wake forest (?) games that i saw. teague was their only player of significance, in my recollection.

however, i'll live with hansborough; i don't think he'll be terrible, just not a 'sexy' pick.
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#59 » by Cliff Levingston » Fri Jun 5, 2009 2:32 pm

Hansbrough is looking more and more likely as the 16th pick when looking at Pax's draft history. He's got good size and athleticism, performed about as well as anyone ever as in college and has a lot of big game experience. Cliff Levingston wouldn't be too upset with a UNC draft (Hansbrough at 16, Ellington at 26) if we're losing Gordon.

1. Rose, Hinrich
2. Salmons, Hinrich, Ellington
3. Deng, Salmons
4. Thomas, Hansbrough
5. Noah, Miller
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#60 » by TNBT » Fri Jun 5, 2009 2:42 pm

TB#1 wrote:I'm no doctor and we don't have any objective findings to look at anyway, but I have to say that before I'd get behind the pick, I hope more testing is done and there are some reasonable medical opinions out there projecting how much tread is left on those tires.

Generally I agree with you, but I'm not sure how easy this will be. Medicine is like almost any other industry where you can find someone willing to say almost anything if you pay them enough. You will probably see Blair and his agent release some reports saying that his knees are fine, while you will probably also see parties who want to hurt his draft stock (other players agents, GM's of teams drafting lower in the 1st round, RealGM'ers who don't want us to pick him, etc) who will all come out with reports saying that his legs could fall off at any moment. The hard part isn''t going to be getting medical opinions; it's going to be finding which of those reports are accurate.

Return to Chicago Bulls