Image ImageImage Image

Bulls want to trade up for Henderson or Johnson

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Re: Bulls want to trade up for Henderson or Johnson 

Post#21 » by Ralphb07 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:18 pm

TyrusRose2425 wrote:
Ralphb07 wrote:I'm right yet again :D I said this earlier today by putting all the pieces together that's how it's looking.....

Did he say who the Bulls would take if they did move up? Who they value more Henderson or Johnson

Nope I got no details. I'm guessing the details go into a rumorpress update.

So he's going to do a Rumor press update

Thanks for the heads up with the rumors.....
TyrusRose2425
Head Coach
And1: 4,591

Post#22 » by TyrusRose2425 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:23 pm

Ralphb07 wrote:
TyrusRose2425 wrote:
Ralphb07 wrote:I'm right yet again :D I said this earlier today by putting all the pieces together that's how it's looking.....

Did he say who the Bulls would take if they did move up? Who they value more Henderson or Johnson

Nope I got no details. I'm guessing the details go into a rumorpress update.

So he's going to do a Rumor press update

Thanks for the heads up with the rumors.....
He told me he was gonna try to get some updates up before the draft. No guarantee, but he's gonna try.
bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Post#23 » by bullzman23 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:23 pm

This draft is so difficult to get a true feel for. Last few years it's been pretty easy guessing that the Bulls liked Gordon, Thomas, Noah, and Rose.

Johnson and Henderson are both intriguing. You've gotta love Henderson's athleticism ... he'd be the most athletic two we've had since you know who (Corey Benjamin).
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#24 » by theanimal23 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:25 pm

I'm fine drafting Henderson. But I have to think we make another roster move, right?
Ralphb07
RealGM

Post#25 » by Ralphb07 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:27 pm

I didn't know too much about Henderson until his name came up a few days ago and I've watch as much as u can of him on the internet and I came away impress. He has good defense and to me it looks like he could have a solid offensive game as well in time

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a 12-14pt scorer with stellar defense

The thing that gets me wondering about Johnson and Henderson is what else will happen. Maybe not this year but in 2010 both guys to me look like starters in the NBA
BigUps
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#26 » by BigUps » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:32 pm

If were trading up, it better be for Johnson and not Henderson. I really, really don't want Henderson.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#27 » by theanimal23 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:33 pm

Luke NOT Luc
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#28 » by Luke NOT Luc » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:34 pm

BigUps wrote:If were trading up, it better be for Johnson and not Henderson. I really, really don't want Henderson.

+1. Not to mention trading an additional first rounder for him
mr.ankle
Banned User
And1: 57

Post#29 » by mr.ankle » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:36 pm

RosenTyrus wrote:I dont get the hate for Henderson. He is incredibly athletic, has good size, good basketball IQ, he has lateral quickness. He needs to improve his range and ballhandling. These are things he CAN improve. In such a weak draft he is a nice pick.

Plus he busted up Hansbrough pretty good, so hes a-okay in my book.

Because His upside is very limited , Tell me whats the difference between him and Dahntay Jones
Luke NOT Luc
Bench Warmer

Post#30 » by Luke NOT Luc » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:38 pm

mr.ankle wrote:
RosenTyrus wrote:I dont get the hate for Henderson. He is incredibly athletic, has good size, good basketball IQ, he has lateral quickness. He needs to improve his range and ballhandling. These are things he CAN improve. In such a weak draft he is a nice pick.

Because His upside is very limited , Tell me whats the difference between him and Dahntay Jones

Or Thabo, who was worth the pick we'd be trading up to get him. It leaves a very bad taste in my mouth
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#31 » by Red Larrivee » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:39 pm

BigUps wrote:If were trading up, it better be for Johnson and not Henderson. I really, really don't want Henderson.

+1.

I don't mind Henderson, but I'd easily take Johnson over him if it comes down to those 2.
RyGuy24
General Manager
And1: 107

Post#32 » by RyGuy24 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:40 pm

mr.ankle wrote:

Why?
R.I.P Red , Norm, Bullsmaniac, and pdenninggolden.
RyGuy24
General Manager
And1: 107

Post#33 » by RyGuy24 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:43 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:

+1.

I don't mind Henderson, but I'd easily take Johnson over him if it comes down to those 2.

Agreed.
R.I.P Red , Norm, Bullsmaniac, and pdenninggolden.
BigUps
RealGM

Post#34 » by BigUps » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:

+1.

Henderson seems like a dime a dozen type player. I don't see why you'd trade up for him. I'd rather stay at 16, pick BPA, take Calethas at 26 to save cash and get rights to another asset.

I could see why you'd trade up for Johnson, however I don't think I'd do that either.
ScottyKCMO
Senior
And1: 33

Post#35 » by ScottyKCMO » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:45 pm

I don't understand why most people are so down on the prospect of moving up to get Henderson. I have to admit, I did not watch a lot of Duke games, but when I look at his highlight reels, I see a high floor, and a lot of potential with this kid. As someone mentioned in another thread, he has good form on his outside shot (unlike Rose) so I feel that his primary weakness could eventually become a strength with some work. We have seen many players develop their outside shot fairly quickly early in their careers. Heck, D-Wade still doesn't have a great outside shot, yet with his athleticism, creativity, defense, and work ethic, he has become one of the top 3 players in the league in my opinion, and has a finals MVP to show for it. Another thing I like about Henderson is that he he seems to be an efficient player, who doesn't have to dominate the ball all the time. With D-Rose being "the franchise", and one of our best scorers, we don't need a wing player who is going to command the ball all the time (like Gordon), hinder our ball movement, and try to force a lot of bad shots. Not to mention, Rose as we all know is not a good defender (yet) and we desperately need some defense in our backcourt (besides Hinrich...who should probably be traded). Henderson fits the bill. He also seems to be a smart, well spoken kid, and his dad actually played in the NBA, so he obviously knows the game well. IMO, one of the main reasons to go after Henderson is because I feel that re-signing Gordon is not in the best long-term interest of the Bulls. Sure, we may not win as many games this upcoming season without him, but I don't ever realistically see us building a championship roster (much less multiple championships) with him being one of our highest paid players, and in our starting lineup. His lack of defense, lack of assist making, and ball-hog mentality will never allow us to win titles. You HAVE to have good defense in your backcourt to win championships. I say let Gordon walk, draft Henderson, and continue to try to trade for the stud post player we need to pair with Rose. If we happen to trade for that stud post player (for Deng + Tyrus, etc), and then are fortunate enough to land a better SG in 2010 (Wade or Joe Johnson), Henderson could always end up being our 6th man, or a valuable trade piece at the very least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zzPe2rZxSY
Ralphb07
RealGM

Post#36 » by Ralphb07 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:47 pm

Guys it's going to be Johnson if we trade up......

IMO the Bulls order
1.Johnson
2.Henderson
3.Blair
4.Mullens

3 and 4 could of changed with today's workout. Putting everything together.... If we trade up we select Johnson

If we stay at 16 we'll take Henderson if he slips and if he doesn't it's between Blair and Mullens and it all depends on the winner of today's battle
Luke NOT Luc
Bench Warmer

Post#37 » by Luke NOT Luc » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:47 pm

ScottyKCMO wrote:I don't understand why most people are so down on the prospect of moving up to get Henderson. I have to admit, I did not watch a lot of Duke games, but when I look at his highlight reels, I see a high floor, and a lot of potential with this kid. As someone mentioned in another thread, he has good form on his outside shot (unlike Rose) so I feel that his primary weakness could eventually become a strength with some work. We have seen many players develop their outside shot fairly quickly early in their careers. Heck, D-Wade still doesn't have a great outside shot, yet with his athleticism, creativity, defense, and work ethic, he has become one of the top 3 players in the league in my opinion, and has a finals MVP to show for it. Another thing I like about Henderson is that he he seems to be an efficient player, who doesn't have to dominate the ball all the time. With D-Rose being "the franchise", and one of our best scorers, we don't need a wing player who is going to command the ball all the time (like Gordon), hinder our ball movement, and try to force a lot of bad shots. Not to mention, Rose as we all know is not a good defender (yet) and we desperately need some defense in our backcourt (besides Hinrich...who should probably be traded). Henderson fits the bill. He also seems to be a smart, well spoken kid, and his dad actually played in the NBA, so he obviously knows the game well. IMO, one of the main reasons to go after Henderson is because I feel that re-signing Gordon is not in the best long-term interest of the Bulls. Sure, we may not win as many games this upcoming season without him, but I don't ever realistically see us building a championship roster (much less multiple championships) with him being one of our highest paid players, and in our starting lineup. His lack of defense, lack of assist making, and ball-hog mentality will never allow us to win titles. You HAVE to have good defense in your backcourt to win championships. I say let Gordon walk, draft Henderson, and continue to try to trade for the stud post player we need to pair with Rose. If we happen to trade for that stud post player (for Deng + Tyrus, etc), and then are fortunate enough to land a better SG in 2010 (Wade or Joe Johnson), Henderson could always end up being our 6th man, or a valuable trade piece at the very least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zzPe2rZxSY

Larry Hughes looks good in youtube mixes too
Luke NOT Luc
Bench Warmer

Post#38 » by Luke NOT Luc » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:49 pm

Ralphb07 wrote:Guys it's going to be Johnson if we trade up......

IMO the Bulls order
1.Johnson
2.Henderson
3.Blair
4.Mullens

I think you're right about the way we're thinking. Ralph, you have pretty much been the biggest Johnson backer from the beginning. How is he going to help us short term and long term, you think?
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#39 » by kyrv » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:49 pm

IMO the Bulls order
1.Johnson
2.Henderson
3.Blair
4.Mullens

3 and 4 could of changed with today's workout. Putting everything together.... If we trade up we select Johnson

If we stay at 16 we'll take Henderson if he slips and if he doesn't it's between Blair and Mullens and it all depends on the winner of today's battle

I guess on paper I would rather have Blair/Mullens AND Ellington/Budinger but hey if Henderson is the best player of those, great.

And we don't know what the trade up would be. I kind of like Henderson. But I hope they are sure about him if they trade both picks.
BigUps
RealGM

Post#40 » by BigUps » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:53 pm

kyrv wrote:

IMO the Bulls order
1.Johnson
2.Henderson
3.Blair
4.Mullens

I guess on paper I would rather have Blair/Mullens AND Ellington/Budinger but hey if Henderson is the best player of those, great.

And we don't know what the trade up would be. I kind of like Henderson. But I hope they are sure about him if they trade both picks.

I'm with you kyrv. And if they want to shed money, take Calethas at 26.

Return to Chicago Bulls