Image ImageImage Image

Bulls want to trade up for Henderson or Johnson

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Re: Bulls want to trade up for Henderson or Johnson 

Post#81 » by ATRAIN53 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:12 pm

Hendersons got potential - but don't the Bulls already have Demarcus Nelson on the roster?
I don't think Henderson is that much more talented than Nelson. A little, but neither of these guys are lottery picks.

I do like that GarPax is thinking ACC.
Bulls_Fan
Head Coach
And1: 815
Location: Don't mess with the BULLS young man, you'll get the horns

Post#82 » by Bulls_Fan » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:15 pm

Morten Jensen wrote:
kyrv wrote:Yeah for example if we are getting Henderson and then not getting Gordon, Blair, and Ellington - OUCH.

C Noah/Miller
F Thomas/Noah
F Deng/Salmons
G Henderson/Salmons
G Rose/FA

'Ouch' is right, but 'motherf****** piece of s*** organization' is more like it.

Eeek...That roster looks rough. Get ready for the Tyrus Show!

Give me Tyler or Blair (prefer Blair), re-sign Gordon, trade Tyrus, and keep this roster headed in the right direction.
Luke NOT Luc
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#83 » by Luke NOT Luc » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:17 pm

Morten Jensen wrote:
kyrv wrote:Yeah for example if we are getting Henderson and then not getting Gordon, Blair, and Ellington - OUCH.

C Noah/Miller
F Thomas/Noah
F Deng/Salmons
G Henderson/Salmons
G Rose/FA

'Ouch' is right, but 'motherf****** piece of s*** organization' is more like it.

Well, Morten, thanks a lot for giving me nightmares for a couple weeks straight
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,160

Post#84 » by SHO'NUFF » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:18 pm

Maybe we're trading up and picking for Toronto. :D

Which of these players fit best with the Raptors.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
ScottyKCMO
Senior
And1: 33

Post#85 » by ScottyKCMO » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:18 pm

Morten Jensen wrote:

C Noah/Miller
F Thomas/Noah
F Deng/Salmons
G Henderson/Salmons
G Rose/FA

You're forgetting the fact that Salmons could probably start at SG, we would still have Hinrich on the roster, and Gordon would probably cost us $50 mil over the next 5 years, compared to Henderson at $10 mil over the next 4 years or whatever a mid-first rounder makes. I'm also saying all this all under the assumption that we will eventually be able to move Deng/Tyrus for a stud post player, or sign a stud post player in free agency in 2010. It seems like a lot of people on his board are not thinking long term at all, with regards to our financial situation and title contention. Some people seem to think that we can just re-sign Gordon, draft a forward, and be ready to win the East. I don't see it.
sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#86 » by sdeezy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:19 pm

Apparently the Raptors want a second look at Johnson as well.

The Raptors are expected to take a second look at Wake Forest forward James Johnson on Wednesday, as they narrow their pool of candidates for the #9 draft pick.
The Raptors are focused on five players -- Johnson, Jrue Holiday, Demar DeRozan, Jonny Flynn, and Gerald Henderson. They desperately need depth at SG/SF, but might draft a backup PG depending upon who is available.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 186&spln=1
montestewart wrote:Blatche and McGee standing next to Boozer and Thomas reminded me of first-time offenders meeting real cons in a "scared straight" program.
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#87 » by Cliff Levingston » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:20 pm

Morten Jensen wrote:

C Noah/Miller
F Thomas/Noah
F Deng/Salmons
G Henderson/Salmons
G Rose/FA

Salmons wouldn't backup Henderson and we'd likely hang onto Hinrich in that scenario; at least until the next trade deadline.

1. Rose, Hinrich
2. Salmons, Hinrich, Henderson
3. Deng, Salmons, Henderson
4. Tyrus, Noah, Deng
5. Noah, Miller, Tyrus

It's basically last year's team post trade deadline with Deng + Henderson replacing Gordon. Not sure why people would think that's a bad team.
LoveDaBoo
RealGM
And1: 1,961

Post#88 » by LoveDaBoo » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:21 pm

Luke NOT Luc wrote:
ScottyKCMO wrote:
Do you think we will ever win a championship with Rose and Gordon as our starting backcourt? I would much rather see Gordon as our 6th man, but I don't know if that is realistic given his salary demands/market value.

If we have a solid front court, yes, I can see us winning with BG. Gordon's scoring is taken for granted way too often and I'm sick of it.

It's taken for granted because it's the only thing he's above average at.

I'm surprised every time he misses a shot.

And unsurprised every time he dribbles the ball off his leg while attempting to split two defenders.

The dude's a warrior and played on a badly injured leg all doped up on drugs and was still hitting clutch threes. He's given us everything we wanted and deserves his money and deserves to be a Bull.

It's questionable whether he even wants to be a Bull. He deserves how much teams are willing to pay him, and it would make no sense to overpay him on past performance.

BG is the furthest thing from our problems. If we could land a Bosh/Amare in the front court with Noah, a defensive SF with BG and Rose, I have no doubt we'd be perennial title contenders.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "contenders." That team could win a championship depending on how good Rose ends up being, but I certainly wouldn't expect them to be favorites many years, if any.
Step 1: instead of "ass" say "buns." Like "kiss my buns" or "you're a buns-hole."
Woj: The NBA's Dickie Dunn.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,823

Post#89 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:22 pm

I'm still thinking that Williams could be a good pick. I just think he could be a diamond in the rough. He seems like a very confident person, has an NBA body, as well as NBA athletic ability already. I think with the right coaching he has all the tools to be an all-star.
Why so serious?
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#90 » by Ralphb07 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:23 pm

sdeezy wrote:Apparently the Raptors want a second look at Johnson as well.

The Raptors are expected to take a second look at Wake Forest forward James Johnson on Wednesday, as they narrow their pool of candidates for the #9 draft pick.
The Raptors are focused on five players -- Johnson, Jrue Holiday, Demar DeRozan, Jonny Flynn, and Gerald Henderson. They desperately need depth at SG/SF, but might draft a backup PG depending upon who is available.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 186&spln=1

This is why talk is Johnson and Henderson. If we move up to 11th we will take Johnson 1st and Henderson if Johnson is gone.....

I really feel Johnson is #1 on our board for where we're looking to be at in the draft....

Johnson will go as high as 9 and no lower than 15
lou4gehrig
Banned User

Post#91 » by lou4gehrig » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:23 pm

Honestly who cares about this pick? It'll be the most insignificant pick in Bulls history. Take a flyer on a high-risk, high-reward player and hope for the best. If you draft somebody at 16 in a weak draft for need, you're nuts. A top 5 pick doesn't guarantee an NBA caliber player, let alone 16. I'm much more interested in potential trades or getting more 2010 expirings, etc.
ScottyKCMO
Senior

Post#92 » by ScottyKCMO » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:25 pm

Cliff Levingston wrote:
Morten Jensen wrote:

C Noah/Miller
F Thomas/Noah
F Deng/Salmons
G Henderson/Salmons
G Rose/FA

Salmons wouldn't backup Henderson and we'd likely hang onto Hinrich in that scenario; at least until the next trade deadline.

1. Rose, Hinrich
2. Salmons, Hinrich, Henderson
3. Deng, Salmons, Henderson
4. Tyrus, Noah, Deng
5. Noah, Miller, Tyrus

It's basically last year's team post trade deadline with Deng + Henderson replacing Gordon. Not sure why people would think that's a bad team.

Thank you. Not to mention we would have a lot more money under the cap for 2010.
ScottyKCMO
Senior

Post#93 » by ScottyKCMO » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:26 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:I'm still thinking that Williams could be a good pick. I just think he could be a diamond in the rough. He seems like a very confident person, has an NBA body, as well as NBA athletic ability already. I think with the right coaching he has all the tools to be an all-star.

I would agree with that. Williams or Henderson would be my preference, with Gordon walking.
LoveDaBoo
RealGM

Post#94 » by LoveDaBoo » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:27 pm

Cliff Levingston wrote:It's basically last year's team post trade deadline with Deng + Henderson replacing Gordon. Not sure why people would think that's a bad team.

I also don't understand the obsession with next year's success. Barring some miracle trade, there will be no championship run for the Bulls next year. Why are so many on these boards so concerned with whether they win 38 or 48 next year? It's pretty obvious the organization is set for making a run at free agents next summer, so you might as well prepare for a year of flux and uncertainty.
Step 1: instead of "ass" say "buns." Like "kiss my buns" or "you're a buns-hole."
Luke NOT Luc
Bench Warmer

Post#95 » by Luke NOT Luc » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:27 pm

LoveDaBoo wrote:
Luke NOT Luc wrote:
ScottyKCMO wrote:
Do you think we will ever win a championship with Rose and Gordon as our starting backcourt? I would much rather see Gordon as our 6th man, but I don't know if that is realistic given his salary demands/market value.

If we have a solid front court, yes, I can see us winning with BG. Gordon's scoring is taken for granted way too often and I'm sick of it.

It's taken for granted because it's the only thing he's above average at.

I'm surprised every time he misses a shot.

And unsurprised every time he dribbles the ball off his leg while attempting to split two defenders.

The dude's a warrior and played on a badly injured leg all doped up on drugs and was still hitting clutch threes. He's given us everything we wanted and deserves his money and deserves to be a Bull.

It's questionable whether he even wants to be a Bull. He deserves how much teams are willing to pay him, and it would make no sense to overpay him on past performance.

BG is the furthest thing from our problems. If we could land a Bosh/Amare in the front court with Noah, a defensive SF with BG and Rose, I have no doubt we'd be perennial title contenders.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "contenders." That team could win a championship depending on how good Rose ends up being, but I certainly wouldn't expect them to be favorites many years, if any.

Fine, dude. But don't come on here complaining next season about how the Bulls can't score any points because BG's gone. I don't see how ANYONE could've watched the playoffs and come out thinking that the answer is letting Ben Gordon go. It's a ridiculous thought, and if people think Henderson is going to fill the void, they need to stop partying with Noah on the beach
Luke NOT Luc
Bench Warmer

Post#96 » by Luke NOT Luc » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:29 pm

I forgot that 20 pt scorers with the ability to go for 40 on any given night and hit big shots in the 4th quarter and OT in the playoffs grow on trees. My bad
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,907

Post#97 » by AirP. » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:31 pm

Jesus people, a healthy Salmons was a very good scorer for the Bulls. Hopefully Rose would take over the #1 option(and be a better player, especially getting some calls), Salmons #2, Deng #3 and Tyrus taking open jumpers and Noah getting putbacks and passes for dunks.

Rose, Tyrus and Noah should end up being better next year, Salmons should be solid and Deng should be atleast decent. It's not nearly as bad as a team as people think, in fact it should be a better defensive team(bigs getting stronger) and the scoring shouldn't dip as much as ProGordon guys might think.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#98 » by theanimal23 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:32 pm

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_n ... son-1.html
I respect that Jay Bilas isn't one of those "Be true to your school'' zealots. So I wasn't surprised Monday when he said he'd pick Louisville's Terrence Williams over Duke's Gerald Henderson.

Bilas, an ESPN analyst who lives in Charlotte, once played for Duke. The Bobcats could be choosing between Henderson and Williams when they make the 12th pick Thursday night. Bilas said the call would be close, but that Williams has the more rounded game.

Summarizing Bilas' answer to my question, in a media conference call:

Jay said Henderson is the better offensive player, but that speaks more to what an unreliable shooter Williams is. Bilas noted that Williams is bigger, stronger, more versatile (he can play shooting guard or small forward) and a better passer and rebounder. And he said Williams has a better feel for the game than Henderson.

Luke NOT Luc
Bench Warmer

Post#99 » by Luke NOT Luc » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:32 pm

Time will tell, but everyone that thinks you can just subtract Gordon and get the same or better result is delusional
LoveDaBoo
RealGM

Post#100 » by LoveDaBoo » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:33 pm

Luke NOT Luc wrote:Fine, dude. But don't come on here complaining next season about how the Bulls can't score any points because BG's gone. I don't see how ANYONE could've watched the playoffs and come out thinking that the answer is letting Ben Gordon go. It's a ridiculous thought, and if people think Henderson is going to fill the void, they need to stop partying with Noah on the beach

You would be satisfied with 50 wins and a win in a playoff series every year, wouldn't you? I can only assume that's the case, or that you're simply incapable of considering the impacts of drafts, signings, and trades more than 1 year out.

Return to Chicago Bulls