Image ImageImage Image

Boozer wants 5yr/$80 million, Gordon likely in Detroit...

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Re: Boozer wants 5yr/$80 million, Gordon likely in Detroit... 

Post#21 » by Flames24Rulz » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:17 am

nomorezorro wrote:all this article is saying is that, if boozer wants insane money, gordon is a more likely pickup in free agency. no number on what they're going to offer him. no word on what the bulls are willing to pay him. it's nothing more than the author reaching a logical conclusion based on the knowledge that boozer wants to get paid and gordon is a target of the pistons. not much new information, i don't think

I don't think it is either..it's more or less the author giving his opinion on what he thinks Dumars will do and who he'll go after. Still, it's concerning that Detroit beat writers are marking Gordon down as the Pistons ultimate priority this offseason over Boozer and Turkoglu.
lou4gehrig
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by lou4gehrig » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:35 am

MrSparkle wrote:Gordon / Stuckey/ Bynum
Hamilton / Afflalo
Prince / Daye / Summers
Millsap / Maxiell / Sharpe
Gortat / McDyess / Oberto / Brown

:dontknow:

I'll eat my hat if this happens. Gordon at PG? Millsap to Detroit? Oh come on.
Senor Chang
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,216

Post#23 » by Senor Chang » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:49 am

lou4gehrig wrote:
Shill4Tyrus24 wrote:I used to think Dumars was a really shrewd GM, but now I'm starting to wonder.

I suppose his plan is to team up Gordon with Stuckey and move Rip.

/shrugs shoulders

Darko over Carmelo
Darko over DWade
Darko over Bosh

Dumars = overrated.

Man if Gordon is their starting SG, our SG is going to torch them game in and game out. I hope it's DWade... wow.

dont forget the rodney white
wayoftheroad wrote:We’re getting bodied by Moochie Norris lmao
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#24 » by Hangtime84 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:53 am

this smells to me as gordon's agent at it again!

screw them!
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
ATLbull1990
Freshman

Post#25 » by ATLbull1990 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:12 am

WOW, we might suck miserably next season.

On the bright side, if we lose Gordon and don't make a major trade, our young guns will get plenty of experience and playing time this year. Of course we then must hope to land a superstar in the summer of 2010.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#26 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:24 am

why does detroit even want him? they have rip. and stucky.

stucky and gordon is a not so good backcourt
back_like_crack
Banned User

Post#27 » by back_like_crack » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:38 am

det can pay boozer that if they want to real pf, they already have rip already dont need bg. they losing a.i. and wallace
Bullsfan87
Senior

Post#28 » by Bullsfan87 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:38 am

One thing about all this, perhaps the most important thing..

Where do you think Gordon would want to go..? If we offered him a fair deal I think we'd be the best destination for him, as he'd be our starting SG guaranteed and we are a good team that should get better over the coming years.. would he really leave for Detroit and a team that looks set to get worse and drop out of the playoffs..?

I dont think Gordon is all about the money, he'd surely be in a better situation with the Bulls than the other teams looking to pick him up.. if we added a star PF from the 2010 FA group then we'd be in a great position to contend, and I think BG would rather that then a few extra million on a bad team.
back_like_crack
Banned User

Post#29 » by back_like_crack » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:06 am

Rerisen wrote:I don't think Gordon alone does much to help that Detroit team. I have no idea what Dumars is doing if that is his only big signing.

He can't possibly be as dumb as to be seeing his backcourt as anything like the Bad Boy Pistons with Gordon in the Microwave role. His team is nowhere close to the level to where it should be thinking about adding the championship 3rd guard or 6th man as the top priority.

dumars knows det is rebuilding but wants to do it wit gordon then might look at signing bosh next year, and develope daye while stucky gets more experienced at pg and maxiell is still looking forward to his breakout season, but what if bg doesnt see dumar's logic. it doesnt seem like gordon is all about money, cause he said he wants chi to make something happen at pf/c in that interview and he knows chi is right there if hes back and has big man option. i think james johnson can be that guy. gordon is about winning first, the prob is det is the only threat to persue gordon.toronto dimissed themselves out the haunt with derozan and thunder with harden. so its about how much chi willing to pay him, to keep him from det
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#30 » by boogydown » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:43 am

Bullsfan87 wrote:One thing about all this, perhaps the most important thing..

Where do you think Gordon would want to go..? If we offered him a fair deal I think we'd be the best destination for him, as he'd be our starting SG guaranteed and we are a good team that should get better over the coming years.. would he really leave for Detroit and a team that looks set to get worse and drop out of the playoffs..?

I dont think Gordon is all about the money, he'd surely be in a better situation with the Bulls than the other teams looking to pick him up.. if we added a star PF from the 2010 FA group then we'd be in a great position to contend, and I think BG would rather that then a few extra million on a bad team.

We have had this conversation 100+ times. Gordon wants to be in Chicago, and Chicago wants Gordon here. Why would he want to go to a smaller city on a worse team playing 6th man and sell everything he has in Chicago to move to Detroit?
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,382

Post#31 » by coldfish » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:51 am

lou4gehrig wrote:
Man if Gordon is their starting SG, our SG is going to torch them game in and game out. I hope it's DWade... wow.

I have really tried to avoid the Gordon threads because its the same stuff over and over, but dam, the same people just keep spouting garbage like if they say it enough, it will be true.

A few SG's outplay Gordon and they are the elite of the league. Odds are that the Bulls won't have one of them. If they do get Wade, he will beat Gordon, but the Bulls will be **** because they will be spending all their money on Rose and Wade while having no quality guys where it counts, the frontcourt.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#32 » by boogydown » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:53 am

coldfish wrote:
lou4gehrig wrote:

I have really tried to avoid the Gordon threads because its the same stuff over and over, but dam, the same people just keep spouting garbage like if they say it enough, it will be true.

A few SG's outplay Gordon and they are the elite of the league. Odds are that the Bulls won't have one of them. If they do get Wade, he will beat Gordon, but the Bulls will be **** because they will be spending all their money on Rose and Wade while having no quality guys where it counts, the frontcourt.

Not only that but Rose and Wade are likely not going to click together.
Neusch23
Head Coach
And1: 59

Post#33 » by Neusch23 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:44 pm

for as much as all of you watched the bulls, until this last season Gordon played most of his time AT point guard for us.

Again, he isn't steve nash, he is a scoring point. He controls the ball for his movement, generally not for others.

He was the point on D 95% of the time unless there was a switch and controled the ball on offense the majority of the time in the point guard position. Just because his name was under the SG on the TV screen doesn't mean that wasn't his slot on O.

He is horrible at playing a traditional point, but in the right offense where he gets his shots he will be just fine.

He would basically have to play the same role because he isn't very good at guarding 2's.
McBulls
General Manager
And1: 3,564

Post#34 » by McBulls » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:00 pm

Hangtime84 wrote:this smells to me as gordon's agent at it again!

The amazing thing is that reporters bite every time. Gordon makes zero sense for the Pistons. They need front line help and maybe a point guard. Gordon is neither. Dumars may not be the best GM out there, but he's not flat stupid.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#35 » by Leto » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:03 pm

I don't see Gordon going to the Pistons unless they pay him an unreal amount of cash because that team is going to suck hard if they don't sign Boozer or Milsap. And, they probably will suck even if they do.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#36 » by Leto » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:04 pm

McBulls wrote:
Hangtime84 wrote:this smells to me as gordon's agent at it again!

The amazing thing is that reporters bite every time. Gordon makes zero sense for the Pistons. They need front line help and maybe a point guard. Gordon is neither. Dumars may not be the best GM out there, but he's not flat stupid.

Exactly. As of right now, I think Kwame is the only big they have along with Oberto. :lol:

Edit: I think they should sign Mercer :lol:
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,421

Post#37 » by jump » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:23 pm

Let's think...the Pistons are likely to lose Rasheed and McDysse and they are going to replace them with Ben Gordon. Ok.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,736

Post#38 » by DuckIII » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:42 pm

Everyone keeps harping on why the Pistons wouldn't want Gordon - and I get that. But did you guys not notice that the Pistons have pooped their death poop and are now dead and buried? That team is rebuilding.

Signing Gordon would be the first step in that process, followed later by additional moves to make greater sense of the roster.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#39 » by kyrv » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:47 pm

DuckIII wrote:Everyone keeps harping on why the Pistons wouldn't want Gordon - and I get that. But did you guys not notice that the Pistons have pooped their death poop and are now dead and buried? That team is rebuilding.

Signing Gordon would be the first step in that process, followed later by additional moves to make greater sense of the roster.

If Detroit really is interested in Gordon, he got very, very lucky.
The Explorer
RealGM
And1: 2,906

Post#40 » by The Explorer » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:55 pm

DuckIII wrote:Everyone keeps harping on why the Pistons wouldn't want Gordon - and I get that. But did you guys not notice that the Pistons have pooped their death poop and are now dead and buried? That team is rebuilding.

I don't know, i find it interesting that the Detroit media has been ripping Dumars for thinking about Gordon. Most are saying that he needs to spend money on the frontcourt instead.

Return to Chicago Bulls