Image ImageImage Image

The Ben Gordon appreciation thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,826

Re: The Ben Gordon appreciation thread 

Post#41 » by kulaz3000 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:54 pm

I feel it's a win win for me. I wanted Gordon gone, but I also wanted him to go and get his money which he finally has after 2 years of horrible negotiation period he had to endure.

Good luck Gordon, I'll definitely continue following your career closely.
Why so serious?
samuelcl
Ballboy
And1: 0

I Hope Ben Gordon 

Post#42 » by samuelcl » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:54 pm

The Bulls ownership is an absolute joke, as is anybody who thinks Hinrich or Deng is even close to as valuable as Gordon.

Say all you want about his being one dimensional and not as "good" as a defender as the others. If anyone actually watches Bulls games, they know that Ben Gordon can fill up the scoreboard as quickly as litterally anyone in the NBA.

....But it's ok, now we have Salmons and Kirk's defense to rely on......

If the front office wasn't planning on keeping Gordon this offseason, why didn't they trade him away for ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING these past few years? It just makes no sense. Gordon would have been an ideal 3rd option behind Rose and a stud big man if we were really serious about a championship run.

I sincerely hope that Ben Gordon blossoms into a superstar and torches us for 50 + all 4 games we play the Pistons next year.
girlygirl
RealGM

Post#43 » by girlygirl » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:54 pm

Not surprised...I figured the Bulls weren't gonna give him $11 million/year

Thanks for 5 good seasons, BG!
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 467

Post#44 » by Mr. Tibbs » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:55 pm

i can honestly say i haven't been this down to lose one of our players since we lost Michael Jordan. Losing Brand and Artest sucked, but we sucked so it made the trades acceptable. Even losing Jay Williams wasn't this bad because he had a pretty crappy rookie season to make the loss seem a bit less. This is unequivocally a low moment for me as a bulls fan in recent years.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#45 » by Hangtime84 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 11:57 pm

girlygirl wrote:Not surprised...I figured the Bulls weren't gonna give him $11 million/year

well gordon agent is good!
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
jcuuofd
Analyst
And1: 511

Post#46 » by jcuuofd » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:01 am

BG was one of my all time favorite Bulls players. He will be missed.

Here is a nice Ben Gordon HD mix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXlWA3lP ... annel_page
Coldchi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18

Post#47 » by Coldchi » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:04 am

its sad i am rejoicing Ive not been this happy for a player to leave since well never.

i loved bg for what he did but since he refused to be our microwave im glad to see him go ..

he personified the word enigma too good to sit down too small to play if he was 6-4 he could be as good as wade but he isnt and as a starting sg i think we can do better...

Long live addition by subtraction good luck det with stucky and gordan starting
z0zin
Rookie
And1: 60

Post#48 » by z0zin » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:04 am

Hangtime84 wrote:
girlygirl wrote:Not surprised...I figured the Bulls weren't gonna give him $11 million/year

well gordon agent is good!

How smart is he really? If Ben signed the Bulls offer he would have made $54M over six years, and be a free agent again when he's 30, prime time for another 5 year contract. The Pistons are giving him $55M and his deal will be over when he's 31. That extra year will cost him more in the end.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#49 » by kyrv » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:04 am

jStuNNa wrote:Screw the nice crap. He's a piston now. He can kiss my ass like the rest of 'em. ;-)
nas27
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Post#50 » by nas27 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:06 am

I'll miss him a lot, and I'm happy he got this contract. When I compare to what others make, I don't think he's vastly overpaid.

I'll watch him as much as I can catch Detroit games and I'll root for him. I'm a Bulls fan but was never happy with how he was treated by the team, so I'll root for him. The Bulls chose their priorities before this off season and I can't blame Gordon for going somewhere where he felt he was more of a significant piece.
ATLbull1990
Freshman

Post#51 » by ATLbull1990 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:10 am

I'll miss his awesome 3's and all of his clutch shots.

I won't miss his crappy defense at all though
1ncrediBULL
Ballboy

Post#52 » by 1ncrediBULL » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:11 am

It'll hurt seeing him play against the Bulls.

Wish him the best of luck.
D_ROSE
Banned User

Re: The Ben Gordon sucks thread 

Post#53 » by D_ROSE » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:14 am

Like Dan Bernstein and Terry Boers on WSCR 670 The Score, I agree that Ben Gordon is one dimensional player that DOES NOT HELP YOU WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS. At best with a Ben Gordon you will be forever stuck in the 6-7th seed in the playoffs!!!

Ben Gordon is a gifted scorer that can score 20 points per game, but does so by disrupting the flow of the game, and by shooting a lot of bad shots!

His defense is determent to the chicago bulls team, and Ben Gordon often takes the ball away from Derrick Rose impeding his devolpment!

Ben Gordan can win some games at the 4th quater but at the same time he can lose the game for you with a terrible shot, or dribbling off his OWN FOOT!

I say forget Ben Gordan and all of his bad antics, and SIGN D-WADE in 2010!

GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD GARBAGE THAT IS BEN GORDAN!

With John Salmons Bulls will get 20 plus scoring and MUCH BETTER DEFENSE, and Rose will force to improve his scoring average!

That will be an improvment over the midget 1d, non-allstar that is Ben Gordan!!!!
D_ROSE
Banned User

Post#54 » by D_ROSE » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:16 am

Sorry for bad grammar, and spelling. We need a real SG that can play defense,share the ball, and at least 6'5 tall.
Luke NOT Luc
Bench Warmer

Post#55 » by Luke NOT Luc » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:18 am

It feels even worse when it actually happens. No surprise here, I'm really sad about this
airjordanair
Senior
And1: 32

Post#56 » by airjordanair » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:20 am

ouch.. lottery here we come
blinkofaneye
Junior
And1: 31

Post#57 » by blinkofaneye » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:20 am

Ben Gordon will be missed. Personally I will miss him alot
He had his shortcomings, but what he brought to the Bulls, a consumate professional who was never valued by this organization, one of the best scorers we have had since MJ. What memories I have of him being lights out and putting the team on his back time and time again. Rose and Gordon were a great pair, despite their size.

It kills me to think of him on the Pistons of all teams. I have been at the UC yelling Detroit sucks with all the other fans, and now Ben will be a big part of that team. I will still have to follow him, even though I hate Detrot! I am happy he is getting a fresh start, away from the Chicago Media that ripped him to shreds by radio shows that were clueless about basketball. The Bulls FO will regret pulling that offer last year when Ben agreed to it. That was the final straw.

John Salmons had a great year last year but we haven't seen him at the 2 much. Let's hope he has another great year and Deng can be healthy and productive ( both are huge ifs).

Ben thanks for all you have done for Chicago! You deserved better than what they gave you.
Slackerr
Sixth Man

Post#58 » by Slackerr » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:39 am

Ouch. My heart. It just exploded.
Ben Wilson25
Rookie
And1: 530

Post#59 » by Ben Wilson25 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:53 am

Godspeed Benny. You were a hard worker, a true professional and an easy guy to root for in a league increasingly filled with jerk-offs. We'll always have the game winner on MLK day in Madison Square Garden in 2005, but as a Piston you are dead to me now. Say hello to Thonus on the other side.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#60 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:55 am

I appreciate Ben for the great moments he had as a Bull, and for making me believe in Chicago basketball again.

Good luck in Detroit.

I've moved on.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston

Return to Chicago Bulls