Image ImageImage Image

The Ben Gordon appreciation thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

whonka
Head Coach
And1: 524

Re: The Ben Gordon appreciation thread 

Post#81 » by whonka » Thu Jul 2, 2009 2:00 am

DJhitek wrote:
whonka wrote:This following video elicited the same emotion in me as when I found out today that BG is gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOsQvHLauYE

Nice

I will miss Ben, and I agree with SHO-NUF. Detroit got a fantastic player, kudos to Ben for getting paid and playing up to his potential in a year he figured was his last here.

:-D nice to see some other FF fans.
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#82 » by TeamMan » Thu Jul 2, 2009 2:12 am

I remember thinking when the Bulls drafted BG & Deng, "The dark years are over, and we'll never go back!"

...and we never did.

Thank you Ben for helping to return the Bulls to respectability. It wasn't all you, but you played a very big part.

Good luck, and all the best for the future.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,360

Post#83 » by DASMACKDOWN » Thu Jul 2, 2009 2:13 am

BYE BEN.

*crying* NOOOOO DONT LEAVE!!!! *crying* I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!

lol

Im happy you are getting paid. I hate that you are leaving my team and I hate the fact that you are going Detroit.
The Cult of Personality
Action Paxson
Head Coach
And1: 63

Post#84 » by Action Paxson » Thu Jul 2, 2009 2:17 am

The best player of the post-Jordan era (at least most accomplished, Brand only 2 seasons as a Bull). Always professional, worked hard, got yanked around and never complained. I hope he does great in Detroit and I will root for him every game that he isn't playing the Bulls.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,672

Post#85 » by DuckIII » Thu Jul 2, 2009 2:17 am

Ben has much bigger fans than me, to be sure. But I genuineli do appreciate has career as a Bull and I'm also genuinely happy for him that what, to me, appeared to be a very costly financial decision actually turned out to be a good one.

I can't wish him luck, for obvious reason, but despite my general concerns with his game, I'd be a liar to say I don't appreciate his contributions to my team over the years.

Kudos to you, B-Jizzle.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
UNBULLIEVABLE22
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#86 » by UNBULLIEVABLE22 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 2:30 am

My feelings on BG have always been bittersweet. His game was unique in that there were times that I wanted him to sitdown and others where the guy left me speechless. He could heat up at nepoint and when we won a game on his shoulders it was always in crazy fashion, making my day better. His departure leaves many question marks for me as a BULLS fan. I don't know where Gar/Pax are going to move from here. I hope they find a way to secure a big man which will counter what BG brought as the go to guy in the clutch. DRose obviously has more pressure with our biggest scoring threat disappearing, but that doesn't worry me much. I want to kno the big picture for the future with the BULLS and I wish management could atleast hint at it. Detroits stupid ass PA announcer is going to think of some stupid ass nick name for BG....probably somethin similar to Chauncy Ba Ba Billups...but nothing will ever match Niel almost having a heart attack which Stacey screams "Don't do em like that BG..don't do em like that." Good times thanks for bringing it everyday BG and maintaining professionalism within a league that more often than not lacks the proper business mentality when stepping on the floor.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,436

Post#87 » by Susan » Thu Jul 2, 2009 2:42 am

This sucks.
StephenAA
Senior
And1: 196

Post#88 » by StephenAA » Thu Jul 2, 2009 2:45 am

I appreciate BG because...

um...

um...
RyGuy24
General Manager
And1: 107

Post#89 » by RyGuy24 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 2:46 am

Benny :(

What will I do with the jersey?
R.I.P Red , Norm, Bullsmaniac, and pdenninggolden.
bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Post#90 » by bullzman23 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 2:50 am

I officially have little interest in the Bulls next season.
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Post#91 » by bullzman23 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 2:54 am

This feels like 2005 all over again. We lack so much talent, and everything is going to come hard for us next year. Salmons as our second option will have a big year and probably walk. We've been looking for a big forever. Soon we'll be looking for a shooting guard too.
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
StephenAA
Senior
And1: 196

Post#92 » by StephenAA » Thu Jul 2, 2009 2:57 am

Still thinking...
Susan
RealGM

Post#93 » by Susan » Thu Jul 2, 2009 3:08 am

I feel empty. I feel good for Ben because he's finally getting what he deserves. But deep down I just lost my favorite basketball player and I can't stand the thought of rooting for John Salmons in his place. Hold me.
northbrookrich
Veteran
And1: 54

Post#94 » by northbrookrich » Thu Jul 2, 2009 3:09 am

Ben - thanks for being a good citizen, a role model, a good teammate and an overall good representative of the city of Chicago and the Chicago Bulls. For those of us that doubted your decisions to pass on signing what seemed to be very fair and reasonable offers the past two summers, we are eating a little crow today and you deserve all the credit. I wish you the best in your future career, though if the Pistons did not promise you that they would be trading Rip, I am extremely surprised at your decision to again come off the bench for a mediocre team. It is also unfortunate that you chose not to give the Bulls an opportunity to match or beat the offer. Perhaps you realized what many of us also must reluctantly acknowledge - long-term your game and skills are not a match with our franchise player - Derrick Rose. Thanks again for your wonderful contributions and we look forward to competing against you for many years as a division rival.
KeithBoothfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 198

Post#95 » by KeithBoothfan » Thu Jul 2, 2009 3:10 am

Gonna miss the midget. I think some of today's merrymakers will miss him too before too long, but we'll see how it goes. I sure hope Salmons and Deng give us what we need.
Can I borrow a feeling?

Care for a ViciousFlogging? I'm your guy!
Chicag-Fro
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#96 » by Chicag-Fro » Thu Jul 2, 2009 3:10 am

Susan wrote:I feel empty. I feel good for Ben because he's finally getting what he deserves. But deep down I just lost my favorite basketball player and I can't stand the thought of rooting for John Salmons in his place. Hold me.

+1
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,333

Post#97 » by coldfish » Thu Jul 2, 2009 3:11 am

Susan wrote:I feel empty. I feel good for Ben because he's finally getting what he deserves. But deep down I just lost my favorite basketball player and I can't stand the thought of rooting for John Salmons in his place. Hold me.

Some people are noting this, but its kind of hard to get attached to a guy who, best case, will be here for only one year. That's the asterisk that needs to go by everyone of the "use the capspace created by Gordon walking" comments. The Bulls have to let Salmons go too and Tyrus.

Right now, if you are really looking for a max free agent next year, the only guys on the roster at the time will be:
Rose / Hinrich
???????
Deng / Johnson
???????
Noah / GIBSON!!!!
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#98 » by Ralphb07 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 3:14 am

Ben was my favorite guy until Rose came and it will suck seeing him a Piston and playing for my brother in laws team, which I know won't be fun for me

Even though he's gone I will not ask to change my screen name and take the 7 off it and will keep it
Susan
RealGM

Post#99 » by Susan » Thu Jul 2, 2009 3:15 am

BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#100 » by BrooklynBulls » Thu Jul 2, 2009 3:17 am

Come here, baby.

Return to Chicago Bulls