Image ImageImage Image

Kirk selling Deerfield 4BD

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,206

Kirk selling Deerfield 4BD 

Post#1 » by fleet » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:06 am

http://lakeco.blockshopper.com/news/sto ... field_4BD/

Bulls guard Kirk Hinrich selling Deerfield 4BDby Shania Sampson, published Jul 23, 2009 ·

Chicago Bulls guard Kirk Hinrich has listed for sale his four bedroom, 3.5-bath at 816 Castlewood Lane in Deerfield for the asking price of $829,000.

Hinrich paid $906,500 for the home in Aug. 2004. The 4,000-square-foot home was built in 2004 in the subdivision of Deerfield Park.

Nancy Greenberg of Coldwell Banker Previews International is the listing agent for the property.

Hinrich, 28, has spent six seasons with the Bulls since he was drafted by the team seventh overall in the first round of the 2003 NBA Draft. A mainstay in the Bulls backcourt since then, he posted a career high 16.6 points per game in 2006-07 and started 80 games that season, helping lead the Bulls into the Eastern Conference semifinals. A regular starter for all but one season in Chicago, Hinrich has helped lead the team to the postseason four times in the past five seasons while posting a career average of 13.9 points and 6.1 assists per game.

Hinrich made the NBA All-Rookie First Team in 2004 and was named to the All-NBA Defensive Second Team in 2007, and played for the U.S. men's national team at the 2006 FIBA World Championship in Japan.

Originally from Sioux City, Iowa, Hinrich played college ball at Kansas, where he led the Jayhawks to consecutive Final Four appearances during his junior and senior seasons. Hinrich and the Jayhawks reached the NCAA Championship Game in 2003, where they lost to the Syracuse Orangemen. Kansas retired Hinrich's No. 10 jersey in March.

There were 172 home sales in Deerfield in 2008, with a median sales price of $408,000.

would you like to make a bid? Or overanalyze the implications? :D
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Re: Kirk selling Deerfield 4BD 

Post#2 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:09 am

fleetwood macbull wrote:would you like to make a bid? Or overanalyze the implications? :D

lol... What do you think?
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
stillalive
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#3 » by stillalive » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:09 am

We're in a recession.

Why do they feel the need to go into where he went to college, rookie stats, basically his whole career when the main point of discussion is that he's selling his house.

Maybe he's moving in with Lu haha.
"I take it very seriously, knowing my opponent really wants to come at me. It's not just God's gifts. You have to work at this game. If not, you're just going to be average. You have to want it and do whatever you have to do to get it."-D.Rose
NSJ
Junior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by NSJ » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:29 am

Seems like a sensible type of home for a fiscally sound, head screwed on type of multi-millionaire pro athlete. Weird.

Eddy Curry, on the other hand.... :( :(
Scott May
Head Coach
And1: 24

Post#5 » by Scott May » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:37 am

Man, the people who sold it TO Kirk made a killing -- bought it in 2002 for $315,000, sold it exactly two years later for $906,000. That almost doesn't make sense. It's also really close to the Tri-State, which, I don't know, wouldn't exactly be a big selling point to me if I were shopping for homes just shy of a million bucks.

Good luck to the Cap'n. If it's any consolation to him, the ~$100,000+ haircut he's going to take on this sale will feel like chump change next to what his wife's going to spend outfitting and tweaking the next place they buy.

edit--after reading the whole article, I don't think the previous owners made a killing, per se. It looks like it was probably a teardown/spec house sort of scenario.
On indefinite hiatus as of May 27, 2014.
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#6 » by Pax for Prez » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:51 am

Should I be getting my hopes up that a possible trade is coming ........

Or am I reading too much into this ?
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#7 » by jax98 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:02 am

It's summer and it's slow.

I'm guessing this page will be at 20+ within a few hours with the discussion going from Kirk and house prices to Portland to Boozer to David Lee to 2010 to Chris Bosh to finally ROFLMAOBBQTAJGIBSON..

Yeah, threads these days have become very predictable.

Personally, I obviously hope Kirk has been told he's getting moved. But since no rumours are swirming around, I highly doubt he'd be selling his house when nothing has officially happened.
lukeyrid13
Bench Warmer
And1: 55

Post#8 » by lukeyrid13 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:05 am

i can expedite it...portland will get kirk for just a 2nd round pick. you guys can all hate now(green font)
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#9 » by Ralphb07 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:14 am

I'll add to it

Per Chad Ford:
Sounds like Blazers inching closer to a deal. Nothing imminent, but team has 2 deals they like and believe 1 could happen soon ..

Rumors have everyone from David Lee to Andre Miller ... but nothing confirmed yet and nothing tonight

@SportsWorld40 Don't know about Hinrich selling house, but Blazers would still love to get their hands on Hinrich and 3 way w/UT is the way

http://twitter.com/chadfordinsider

Edit: I don't believe Kirk selling his house has anything to do with this, but the board is slow
dirty_dogg
Junior
And1: 0

Post#10 » by dirty_dogg » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:24 am

ScottMay wrote:Man, the people who sold it TO Kirk made a killing -- bought it in 2002 for $315,000, sold it exactly two years later for $906,000. That almost doesn't make sense. It's also really close to the Tri-State, which, I don't know, wouldn't exactly be a big selling point to me if I were shopping for homes just shy of a million bucks.

The house is only 4 years old so most likely the people who bought it for $315k tore down the house on the property and built this one. That is pretty common in this area.

Anyone else think it is weird that it is already empty? Also, Zillow says it has been on the market for 287 days. I am guessing he has just re-listed it with another realtor who issued a press release to make it sound like a new listing...

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/816-C ... 2054_zpid/
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,843

Post#11 » by Ben » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:27 am

I'll be sad if Kirk leaves, but as long as Boozer's coming back I'll get over it. If it's a pure salary-dump, however, you might see Ben-Hulk-smasher for a good long while.
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#12 » by jax98 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:28 am

Ben B. wrote:I'll be sad if Kirk leaves, but as long as Boozer's coming back I'll get over it. If it's a pure salary-dump, however, you might see Ben-Hulk-smasher for a good long while.

YES!

I love Hulk-Ben. Hulk-Ben is fun. I'm guessing drunk-Ben is too, but unfortunately it's an experience I have yet to have.
Mapelgleaf
Assistant Coach
And1: 280

Post#13 » by Mapelgleaf » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:32 am

it could mean he's on his way out...

OR

...it could mean he's been assured by management that he'll be here for a while and thus is looking to buy a bigger and better crib.
Websites • SEO • Graphic Design
http://www.AstuteWebGroup.com
Scott May
Head Coach
And1: 24

Post#14 » by Scott May » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:35 am

dirty_dogg wrote:
ScottMay wrote:Man, the people who sold it TO Kirk made a killing -- bought it in 2002 for $315,000, sold it exactly two years later for $906,000. That almost doesn't make sense. It's also really close to the Tri-State, which, I don't know, wouldn't exactly be a big selling point to me if I were shopping for homes just shy of a million bucks.

The house is only 4 years old so most likely the people who bought it for $315k tore down the house on the property and built this one. That is pretty common in this area.

yeah, see my edit -- I figured that must have been the case

Anyone else think it is weird that it is already empty? Also, Zillow says it has been on the market for 287 days. I am guessing he has just re-listed it with another realtor who issued a press release to make it sound like a new listing...

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/816-C ... 2054_zpid/

Continuing the theme, isn't it possible those photos are leftovers from when it was listed in 2004? In any case, you couldn't pick a worse time to sell this kind of house. The price is just outside the limit for a conforming mortgage, and it's not nice enough or in a nice enough location to attract a cash buyer.

Looking at zillow, I think if the Captain wants to sell this thing soon rather than dribble around until the shot clock almost expires, he'd bite on a $749,000 offer.
On indefinite hiatus as of May 27, 2014.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,206

Post#15 » by fleet » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:53 am

Scott May wrote:Continuing the theme, isn't it possible those photos are leftovers from when it was listed in 2004? In any case, you couldn't pick a worse time to sell this kind of house. The price is just outside the limit for a conforming mortgage, and it's not nice enough or in a nice enough location to attract a cash buyer.

almost as if there was some pressure to sell this summer or fall for some unknown reason :thinking:
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Ctownbulls
RealGM
And1: 3,713

Post#16 » by Ctownbulls » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:01 am

Or maybe he and his wife want to move into a house to better accommodate for his child and potential future children.

If he is planning on changing homes the summer is really the only time an NBA would have to really go hunting.
Chi Dynasty12
Analyst
And1: 140

Post#17 » by Chi Dynasty12 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:17 am

He moved out of that house on Castlewood almost 2 years ago...I live right by it.

He's been living in a giant house since then, I forgot where it is though.
Chicago Bears 2025 Super Bowl Champions
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#18 » by rtblues » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:21 am

stillalive wrote:We're in a recession.

Why do they feel the need to go into where he went to college, rookie stats, basically his whole career when the main point of discussion is that he's selling his house.

Maybe he's moving in with Lu haha.

Maybe some people wouldn't buy a house from a guy who had crappy stats!
:-) :-)
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
Neusch23
Head Coach
And1: 59

Post#19 » by Neusch23 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:19 pm

his sister used to post here. She should come on and explain everything!
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,897

Post#20 » by TheStig » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:18 pm

he built a much bigger house, no mystery here.

http://www.bergproperties.com/blog/chic ... n-chicago/

Return to Chicago Bulls