Image ImageImage Image

Kirk selling Deerfield 4BD

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

TB#1
Banned User
And1: 9

Re: Kirk selling Deerfield 4BD 

Post#21 » by TB#1 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:32 pm

ScottMay wrote: It's also really close to the Tri-State, which, I don't know, wouldn't exactly be a big selling point to me if I were shopping for homes just shy of a million bucks.

My mom has a townhouse in Western Springs, just off 294. My mom and dad built the place when they were ready to sell the house I grew up in in the same town. I was initially pretty concerned that they were building a luxury TH that basically abutted the expressway, but the developers put up sound buffers along the highway that work remarkably well. You really get very little traffic noise, despite the fact that I could stand on the driveway and on a good day probably could heave a rock over the barrier on to the tollway without tearing out my shoulder if I wanted to.

The stretch of tollway near Kirk's house may or may not have such buffers. My memory of the Tri-State at Deerfield Road isn't exactly clear.

I do note from the satellite image of the area that Kirk's house seems to be a couple of blocks away from the tollway, but in between his house in the tollway, there appears to be a large, commercial structure. Anyone know what that is? The old Zenith place, maybe? Like I said, that stretch of the Tri-State is a bit north of my old stomping grounds and I can't quite picture that particular area.
WookieOnRitalin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 271

Post#22 » by WookieOnRitalin » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:04 pm

800k for a 4,000 sq. footer? Is property in Deerfield really that valuable?

We are selling our 6 bedroom 6300 sq ft home (built in 1997) in Lake Zurich for 750k. Custom built home with vaulted ceilings, spiral staircase, custom hardwood all over 1st level (that i installed myself), carpeted 2nd floor, finished basement with dining area, rec area, and apartment styled bedroom (again, custom built and family built). Crown molding, huge rooms, etc.

Buy my home for a better deal, more space, on an acre of land, and in one of the best communities in the Chicago area. Kirk Hinrich's home cannot be THAT great compared to my family home.
"As you think, so shall you become." --- Bruce Lee
TB#1
Banned User

Post#23 » by TB#1 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:14 pm

Its really not all that awesome looking from the outside...and is nice, but appears to be already empty on the inside. Really a non-descript McMansion.

http://www.coldwellbanker.com/servlet/P ... y&brand=CB
moevillini
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#24 » by moevillini » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:31 pm

TheStig wrote:he built a much bigger house, no mystery here.

http://www.bergproperties.com/blog/chic ... n-chicago/

wonder how Orren Pickell's luxury home building business is doing these days

(...is Cap'n Kirk married? I have a daughter close to his age.....)
TB#1
Banned User

Post#25 » by TB#1 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:34 pm

http://www.bergproperties.com/blog/chic ... in-chicago

That makes much more sense. This was his rookie contract house. I was a bit confused because I didn't think he lived in Deerfield.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#26 » by ATRAIN53 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:34 pm

neat. heres the listing-
http://www.redfin.com/IL/Deerfield/816- ... e/17620744
yikes - 19,902 in property taxes - that's why i bought in cook county and avoided lake county.

it was a teardown in that neighborhood, it's an older subdivision and there's still a lot of 3 bedroom ranch houses that surround it. odd place for an NBA star to be, but it was probably a starter house. a lot of Bulls players live in that area because it's really close to the BERTO center and they can jump on the 294 and be at the UC in 30min on a good traffic day.

we need a Bulls players house star map.
TB#1
Banned User

Post#27 » by TB#1 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:35 pm

moevillini wrote:

Yeah, his wife's name is Jill and they are spending their spare time procreating.
Dieselbound&Down
Lead Assistant
And1: 420

Post#28 » by Dieselbound&Down » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:39 pm

TB#1 wrote:I do note from the satellite image of the area that Kirk's house seems to be a couple of blocks away from the tollway, but in between his house in the tollway, there appears to be a large, commercial structure. Anyone know what that is?

It's a middle school.

On a completely unrelated side topic that popped into my head when reading this thread, how much of a mansion do you think BG can afford in Detroit? I bet he can find some distressed properties selling for thirty cents on the dollar of prices 2 years ago.
moevillini
Sophomore

Post#29 » by moevillini » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:04 pm

TB#1 wrote:
moevillini wrote:

Yeah, his wife's name is Jill and they are spending their spare time procreating.

well, Thabo was my first choice anyhow, but I Iearned he has a significant other already, plus who wants their daughter and son-in-law relocating to OKC ...
(and he has a new baby I believe)

so good luck and best wishes to the Hinrich's on their summer vacation plans!
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#30 » by ATRAIN53 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:05 pm

BG won't buy in Detroit - he'll move up by Rochester, closer to Auburn Hills

but he could buy Central Station downtown or an old theatre and call it home.
http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0 ... 89,00.html

it'll be more interesting to see when his old place is listed. he, deng and Noch all bought houses in the same neighborhood in Northbrook. i'd imagine 2 of them are on the market now. that neighborhood is gated so can't drive by to check.

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/states/IL/Northbrook/
Neusch23
Head Coach
And1: 59

Post#31 » by Neusch23 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:06 pm

didn't kirk believe in landscaping! WOW! Beautiful house with hardly any plantings! Makes no sense.
girlygirl
RealGM

Post#32 » by girlygirl » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:31 pm

moevillini wrote:

http://www.bergproperties.com/blog/chic ... n-chicago/

wonder how Orren Pickell's luxury home building business is doing these days

Yup, he's married and they have a baby daughter

Return to Chicago Bulls