Image ImageImage Image

OT: pdenninggolden has passed away (1 year)

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Re: OT: pdenninggolden has passed away 

Post#41 » by sdeezy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:49 pm

Terrible terrible news to wake up to. She would never post anything negative, never even in the most heated debates on the board. And she was always quick to endorse others.

RIP.

*this has been a hell of month...literally
montestewart wrote:Blatche and McGee standing next to Boozer and Thomas reminded me of first-time offenders meeting real cons in a "scared straight" program.
Jo Jo English
RealGM
And1: 4,981

Post#42 » by Jo Jo English » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:53 pm

Terrible news. I always enjoyed her positive presence on the board and the compliment or two she sent my way over the years. Prayers for her friends and family. The board won't ever be the same without her cheery outlook, something that apparently should have been hard to muster considering the challenges she faced, but she seemed to do it so effortlessly. Strength indeed.

Rest In Peace, Pat.

:(
VinTheBarber
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#43 » by VinTheBarber » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:58 pm

Omg ..Im devistated me and Pat became good pals during my Mothers sickeness and eventual death..Pat would send me those E cards very often almost every week with some insperational comments wow..ALso when ii joined twiiter Pat was the firt person to welcome me .We had anice chat there recently on my mom and also the state of the Bulls....R.ip Sweetie ,God is with you and even though we never met in person yor advice was very dear to me...I will miss you...
R.I.P Patricia Denning Golden The kindest most caring Bulls fan ever .You will be missed by many..Your guidance was perfect during my hardest time and for that i will forever owe you pal.

ShadowDweller
Sophomore

Post#44 » by ShadowDweller » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:59 pm

RIP Patricia

I'm a fairly new poster around here though I had been reading the boards for a while. It's funny how you build a picture of the people you interact with on the boards based off their opinions expressed in each post. After a while it feel like you know that person and it affects you when you hear something bad happened to them and that is how I feel right now. I didn't know her yet the genuinely positive post and sense of humor expressed in each post made me like her. I know all too well the troubles of people living with chronic pain and though it is a sad day at least know she is at peace!
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#45 » by BrooklynBulls » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:04 pm

She was the board grandma, always posting happy thoughts and well wishes. I'm going to miss her Gordon fandom, her Fred Tedeschi songs, her remarkable spirit in the face of so much pain. She can finally have some peace now.
Sk23
Banned User

Post#46 » by Sk23 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:09 pm

I didnt know her well but R.I.P...Shared the same love for the Bulls like me..
VinTheBarber
Sixth Man

Post#47 » by VinTheBarber » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:27 pm

Doug please email me any updates you get on this terrible situation.I just sent emails to a number of Pats accounts hoping to reach someone.. Wow...Also it should be known to those who dont know Patricia was a wonderfull author of childrens storys and was looking for a publisher..I hope someone publishes her beautiful work...Once again R.i.p Pat
R.I.P Patricia Denning Golden The kindest most caring Bulls fan ever .You will be missed by many..Your guidance was perfect during my hardest time and for that i will forever owe you pal.

DNP CD
Junior
And1: 29

Post#48 » by DNP CD » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Don't forget that pdenninggolden had basketball credentials having been an assistant coach for the UIC men's team (the first woman to do so in college).

Only a brief mention of it here: http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ ... /index.htm
anorexorcism
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#49 » by anorexorcism » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:39 pm

Man Vin, that's tough for you especially, considering it sounds like she really helped you out in a time of great need. I didn't interact w/her at all I think, but the more and more I hear these tributes the more it solidifies just how much of a kind hearted soul she was to anyone, whether she knew you in IRL or not.
anorexorcism
Banned User

Post#50 » by anorexorcism » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:40 pm

DNP CD wrote:Don't forget that pdenninggolden had basketball credentials having been an assistant coach for the UIC men's team (the first woman to do so in college).

Only a brief mention of it here: http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ ... /index.htm

First woman asst coach in mens college history??? Wow...
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#51 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:40 pm

DNP CD wrote:Don't forget that pdenninggolden had basketball credentials having been an assistant coach for the UIC men's team (the first woman to do so in college).

Wow. I had no idea.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,990

Post#52 » by Wingy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:42 pm

Doug, thank you so much for sharing this. What terrible news. I noticed this at work and I don't post at work, but was coming home for lunch anyway and felt obligated to fire up the computer and post here about a poster I really liked.

Like most everyone, I don't really know Pat personally, but it deeply saddened me to see the thread title. Definitely a member of this community / Bulls fan "family" that will be missed. As Doug said, always positive and kept things in perspective.

I recall one time ranting about something the Bulls were doing to get me going and Pat wrote back not to go off the deep end....or that it'd be ok and no need to go postal. That made me laugh and relax. If her family or friends such as Jeanine read this thread; know that even on something as impersonal as a message board, Pat made a positive impact on other people. I'm glad that she's no longer in pain and wish the best to her loved ones.
Balance-a-Bull
Bench Warmer
And1: 2
Location: Somewhere angry and lost in the Bulls brass psyche, where offense is an afterthought

Post#53 » by Balance-a-Bull » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:44 pm

This is unfortunate news.
She was a very insightful and knowledgeable poster.
I shared many of her views.
My prayers are with her family.
A plea for post scoring is a plausible Bulls plan, but plainly isn't a priority. In response to a post player's dismay about his lack of points in the paint, Paxson said.... "I'm not nearly as concerned about the offensive stuff as he is."
tenritsu
Starter
And1: 44

Post#54 » by tenritsu » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:45 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:

Wow. I had no idea.

Dang, same here :\
DuckIII wrote:Its getting hard to not be hard.

Awww yea.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,990

Post#55 » by Wingy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:51 pm

VinTheBarber wrote:Omg ..Im devistated me and Pat became good pals during my Mothers sickeness and eventual death..Pat would send me those E cards very often almost every week with some insperational comments wow..ALso when ii joined twiiter Pat was the firt person to welcome me .We had anice chat there recently on my mom and also the state of the Bulls....R.ip Sweetie ,God is with you and even though we never met in person yor advice was very dear to me...I will miss you...

Ugh, going back and reading everyone's posts, this made it even sadder. Doesn't surprise me though...just reaffirms all the good things people here are saying.
anorexorcism
Banned User

Post#56 » by anorexorcism » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:56 pm

http://twitter.com/wwjpat

If anyone is interested, here's her twitter, another outlet of positivity for this classy lady.

Man, her last update was just less than a week ago.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#57 » by kyrv » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:08 pm

This is stunningly bad news. I feel terrible. May she rest in peace.

I have found that the worse I am feeling, the less positive my posts can be. She had a lot of adversity but was always positive.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,360

Post#58 » by DASMACKDOWN » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:28 pm

R.I.P. Pat
The Cult of Personality
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#59 » by theanimal23 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:31 pm

She is probably the only poster I have seen over my years of posting and lurking on this board that did not have a hint of anger, frustration, etc regarding a heated discussion about the Bulls or with a poster. If one is that cool-tempered and kind-hearted online, you can imagine how phenomenal she must be as a caring/kind person.
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 467

Post#60 » by Mr. Tibbs » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:31 pm

i know her only as pednninggolden from this board, but she was one of a kind on this board. One of the few I know never to ever get in a verbal war with everyone, and someone who just wanted to best for everyone, and a true blue bulls fan. She was down that we gave away gordon, but one of the few that didn't get pissy and moany about it (and that includes myself).

If my memory serves me correctly, she particularly enjoyed some of the funnier threads we've had. Two come to mind and if anyone could find them, that would be great if you could post it on here. 1 was during the winter time, when we had a thread of Christmas songs to a bulls theme, and the other was the bulls haiku thread (although that could've been a game thread turned haiku i don't remember).
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac

Return to Chicago Bulls