Image ImageImage Image

OT: pdenninggolden has passed away (1 year)

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

ExDeuc3
Freshman
And1: 15

Re: OT: pdenninggolden has passed away 

Post#61 » by ExDeuc3 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:39 pm

Yes I'm a ballboy who just recently joined, but I have been a long time lurker here and know the whole good positive feeling she gave that everyone is talking about. Sad to lose a great poster, and as many said that if someone was that great in the "internet" world, they trully had to be something special in real life. My regards and prayers to her friends and family.

Heres to you pdenninggolden... wish I had a chance to chat it up with you on this board.
rose2tyrus
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#62 » by rose2tyrus » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:42 pm

crazy!

RIP
Rose-Wade in Chicago come 2010
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#63 » by 6_Rings » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:42 pm

RIP
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#64 » by madvillian » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:43 pm

RIP to her and my thoughts go out to her family and friends.

As I get older (mid 20's now) death is starting to creep into my life more and more. I didn't really know her as a poster, but she never had a hard word for anyone, on the Internet that is almost unheard of.

Sad moment for the board. Again, my condolences to her family and friends and she won't be forgotten.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#65 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:44 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:
DNP CD wrote:Don't forget that pdenninggolden had basketball credentials having been an assistant coach for the UIC men's team (the first woman to do so in college).

Only a brief mention of it here: http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ ... /index.htm

Wow. I had no idea.

How would we? I dont recall her ever mentioning it.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
VinTheBarber
Sixth Man

Post#66 » by VinTheBarber » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:52 pm

I thought maybe there was once she mentioned coachiing on the boards ,maybe im mistaken and she told me in a email or text..Either way Pat wasnt the type to brag about her accomplishments she would much rather spend her time helping others..The world has lost a truly kind soul..
R.I.P Patricia Denning Golden The kindest most caring Bulls fan ever .You will be missed by many..Your guidance was perfect during my hardest time and for that i will forever owe you pal.

sporadiclee
Sixth Man
And1: 75

Post#67 » by sporadiclee » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:40 pm

Very sad news. Like everyone else here, I have nothing but good memories of her as a poster. We had multiple conversations about her writing, and I'm saddened to see that she didn't get to experience her work reaching a larger audience. Hopefully, someone will continue trying to get her published and see her dream through. Thanks for everything, Patricia. You will be missed.
Legendary 33
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#68 » by Legendary 33 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:43 pm

RIP
apollocreed32
Veteran
And1: 5

Post#69 » by apollocreed32 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:02 pm

heres to hoping her family and friends can be half as strong as she.
how many jab steps does it take to get to milwaukee?
cft19
Sophomore

Post#70 » by cft19 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:05 pm

RIP
Bulls_MIT
Analyst
And1: 47

Post#71 » by Bulls_MIT » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:13 pm

Very sad news!!

RIP
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,160

Post#72 » by SHO'NUFF » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:32 pm

Man this is really really sad. Like many posters i too remember her positive posts.

This was one of her quotes from her signatures:

"The problem with the world is that it draws the circle of the family too small."--Mother Theresa

Rip.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,697

Post#73 » by nitetrain8603 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:47 pm

I didn't even know she was a she. I do remember she had pretty good knowledge of basketball and she never had a negative thing to say about anyone. May she start posting in RealGM heaven. RIP.
Chewie
Lead Assistant
And1: 336

Post#74 » by Chewie » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:10 pm

Tommy Udo 6 wrote:
Magilla_Gorilla wrote:
DNP CD wrote:Don't forget that pdenninggolden had basketball credentials having been an assistant coach for the UIC men's team (the first woman to do so in college).

Only a brief mention of it here: http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ ... /index.htm

Wow. I had no idea.

How would we? I dont recall her ever mentioning it.

I recall her hinting at having some coaching experience and I inquired and she only mentioned she was an assistant coach previously for UIC. NEVER tooted her own horn in saying she was the first woman to do so ! Too classy to brag about it....

I recall her posts saying she was hoping she'd be able to walk again but I always felt too awkward to delve into that subject and ask what was up with her. Feel bad about now, that's for sure....
Turn down for what?
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#75 » by theanimal23 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:18 pm

Anyone know her age? Out of curiosity. She briefly mentioned in passing that she was a coach, but as a modest person, did not make an announcement about it. I did not know about her pain or inability to walk in recent times.
HINrichPolice
General Manager
And1: 1,706

Post#76 » by HINrichPolice » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:27 pm

This saddens me greatly.

I too viewed Patricia as the "Grandma" of our RealGM family. I remember how each of her posts reminded me of an English teacher writing positive comments in the margins of someone's essay - quick, supportive, and to the point.

In fact, she was a teacher for Chicago Public Schools. Having a newly found respect for teachers in urban education, I always have revered her and knew that her positive nature on these boards could only have been a small sample of who she was in the real word.

In one of her posts, I remember her taking time to apologize to the board for her posts getting even shorter than they usually were. She attributed it to the increase in pain she was feeling. However, it didn't stop her from participating and being a distinguished part of the RealGM family. Again, like any good English teacher, it was as if she felt it was her duty to give us, her "students", her 'grandchildren", some form of positive or encouraging feedback. It was in her nature.

I remember her talking about her children's books and how she wished they could be published. I even remember how she mentioned she needed them to be published because it would help with her medical payments. Looking back, I dearly wish I had the means necessary to help her out or at least use my connections to find anything, anyone to maybe get her the break she needed.

It's a sad, sad day for the RealGM Bulls forum. May we remember your positive attitude when the board becomes an unpleasant place to be as opposed to the fun, and almost life like network of friends that we have all grown to appreciate and undoubtedly become a part of.

RIP, Patricia Denning.
CONTENDERS FIND A WAY
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#77 » by jax98 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:12 pm

Beautiful post HP.
red222
RealGM
And1: 2,293

Post#78 » by red222 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:46 pm

rip PD may u fly with the angels
WAYSA
Banned User

Post#80 » by WAYSA » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:49 pm

Wow..

I had no idea she was a former coach.

Seemed like a wonderful woman.. Sad day indeed.

RIP

Return to Chicago Bulls