Image ImageImage Image

OT: Pizza

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Re: OT: Pizza 

Post#21 » by sdeezy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:39 pm

To quote my cousin

Gioordano's is the godamn BIZZNESS!
montestewart wrote:Blatche and McGee standing next to Boozer and Thomas reminded me of first-time offenders meeting real cons in a "scared straight" program.
ChronicKerr
Lead Assistant
And1: 59

Post#22 » by ChronicKerr » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:43 pm

Pizano's is my favorite with Lou Malnati's a close second
TheSchmaranz
Bench Warmer
And1: 108

Post#23 » by TheSchmaranz » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:43 pm

Did someone call Sarpino's good? SHAME ON YOU!
Luke NOT Luc
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#24 » by Luke NOT Luc » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:49 pm

Pizano's makes AWESOME thin crust and deep dish. Bacci is great late-night pizza and Atino's is good New York style. Chicago's got a little something for everybody. Red-Ivy over near Wrigley has great thin crust as well
cark
Bench Warmer
And1: 42

Post#25 » by cark » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:51 pm

I've always felt a little guilty that I don't usually prefer deep dish pizza. It's okay, but almost never my top choice,

That said, I still think the best pizza is found in the Chicago area. Thin crust, square-cut pizza will always be my drug of choice. (Plus, you can find good thin crust pizza in the burbs. Not always the case for deep dish, unless you love the big names: Malnati's, Gino's, Giordano's.)

The best pan pizza I've had was from Burt's Place, in Morton Grove -- though the experience of getting a pizza there is sometimes a little odd (read the Yelp reviews on the place for details). I was happy to see it get some love on Anthony Bourdain's show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0iys-vgD6M
defmut
Senior
And1: 24

Post#26 » by defmut » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:56 pm

Pizanos on Madison. nuff said boyeee!

http://www.pizanoschicago.com/
"I don't want to be in a box." –Gar
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,682

Post#27 » by DuckIII » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:57 pm

cark wrote:I've always felt a little guilty that I don't usually prefer deep dish pizza. It's okay, but almost never my top choice,

That said, I still think the best pizza is found in the Chicago area. Thin crust, square-cut pizza will always be my drug of choice.

Me too, by the way. All of my favorite, faaaaaavorite pizza places are thin crust, square cut.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,889

Post#28 » by MAQ » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:58 pm

square cut is the shiz...i grew up on it

i didnt have my first taste of deep dish til i was 15...and i was hooked on it afterwards
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,889

Post#29 » by MAQ » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:59 pm

oh...and just cuz it hasnt been mentioned, and also b/c i want to go get some right now

home run inn ftw
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
BiNARYstar
Junior
And1: 0

Post#30 » by BiNARYstar » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:00 pm

Lou Malnati's for deep dish.

Rosati's for thin crust.

Peaquods for their lunch special- $5 beer+pizza meal
ChilliWilly15
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#31 » by ChilliWilly15 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:03 pm

I've hit up most of the major metropolis' for pizza philly, chicago, nyc and the bet pizza I've ever had in my life was at Giordano's.
Grand Champ
Banned User

Post#32 » by Grand Champ » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:06 pm

ChilliWilly15 wrote:I've hit up most of the major metropolis' for pizza philly, chicago, nyc and the bet pizza I've ever had in my life was at Giordano's.

I find that very hard to believe...
defmut
Senior
And1: 24

Post#33 » by defmut » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:07 pm

Also Piece Brewery on North Ave in Wicker Park has some dank thin crust. Try with a pitcher of Golden Arm and enjoy the lovely eye candy.
"I don't want to be in a box." –Gar
Kid Icarus
Sophomore
And1: 11

Post#34 » by Kid Icarus » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:11 pm

Deep Dish / Overall #1
-Art of Pizza (on Ashland) - $3 slices anytime. You can't fade this place. :rock:

Pan
-Pequods - No competition if you're in the mood for a lot of crust :dontknow:

Thin
- D'Agostinos (Addison and Southport) - The sauce is amazing, get extra.
AAU Teammate
RealGM
And1: 803

Post#35 » by AAU Teammate » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:14 pm

1. barnaby's northbrook (best pizza on the earth

northbrook is my favorite chicago neighborhood
AAU Teammate
RealGM
And1: 803

Post#36 » by AAU Teammate » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:16 pm

defmut wrote:Also Piece Brewery on North Ave in Wicker Park has some dank thin crust. Try with a pitcher of Golden Arm and enjoy the lovely eye candy.
I recommend the Dysfunction Ale and the white pizza w/ artichokes (if yr into something different here and there)

This place is owned by the guitarist from Cheap Trick
ChronicKerr
Lead Assistant
And1: 59

Post#37 » by ChronicKerr » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:17 pm

defmut wrote:Pizanos on Madison. nuff said boyeee!

http://www.pizanoschicago.com/

That is what I was referring to in my post. This pizza is the best bar none. The deep dish isn't your typical deep dish its just a little deeper than most but the sauce is what sets it apart.
HINrichPolice
General Manager
And1: 1,706

Post#38 » by HINrichPolice » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:19 pm

There was this place down at U of I with some killer deep dish pizza. I just remember going to events and meetings just because I knew they would order it (thank you, Engineers in Residence, for all the free meals!). I can't believe I forgot the name. Some other Illini folk here will surely help me out.
CONTENDERS FIND A WAY
KeithBoothfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 198

Post#39 » by KeithBoothfan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:24 pm

My favorite thin crust in the area was always Aurelio's. Based in the south suburbs, but with a couple locations in the city now, and it's going national too apparently (which saddens me). The flagship location in Homewood has the most delicious sauce ever. The satellite locations are all slightly less-good, but still great.

For deep dish, Piero's, a tiny take-out only place in Wilmette, was my favorite growing up, but maybe just because that was what I knew. It's a greasy bomb of delicious. Malnati's and Giordano's are both good too, but I've never thought they were the very best. I still think the original Uno's and Due's do a fantastic job and get unfairly criticized due to the absolutely disgusting, DISGUSTING pizza the nationwide chain has unleashed on an unsuspecting populace. I had Pizano's once when I was too intoxicated to properly judge it. I remember it being great.
Can I borrow a feeling?

Care for a ViciousFlogging? I'm your guy!
Grand Champ
Banned User

Post#40 » by Grand Champ » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:25 pm

HINrichPolice wrote:There was this place down at U of I with some killer deep dish pizza. I just remember going to events and meetings just because I knew they would order it (thank you, Engineers in Residence, for all the free meals!). I can't believe I forgot the name. Some other Illini folk here will surely help me out.

It was Papa Dells, and it was only good when you were drunk!

Return to Chicago Bulls