Image ImageImage Image

OT: Pizza

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Grand Champ
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: OT: Pizza 

Post#81 » by Grand Champ » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:25 pm

defmut wrote:As far as toppings go, try pepperoni and pineapple....godly!

I agree completely! I got my wife hooked on that too :lol: Not the best for stuffed pizza, and I won't order pep+pine from pequods but for chain pizza or bar pizza its the best combo out there!
Sinistar6
Starter
And1: 125

Post#82 » by Sinistar6 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:48 pm

Piece for pizza and beer.
Next time the cult's spaceship lands we'll all be wearing black Starburys.

-mcwelk
cark
Bench Warmer
And1: 42

Post#83 » by cark » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:02 pm

defmut wrote:As far as toppings go, try pepperoni and pineapple....godly!

When I lived in Australia, it seemed that every pizza at every restaurant had pineapple on it. At the time, I thought, "What the hell is wrong with these people?" Now that many years have passed, and my palate has expanded, I think, "What the hell was wrong with those people?"

(...Actually, pineapple on a pizza ain't so bad, if done right.)
envinc8bull1
Junior
And1: 1

Post#84 » by envinc8bull1 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:40 pm

Beggars in the south burbs, and nothing when im on the SOuth Side, i dont thick Haarolds chicken sales pizza lol. They dont market the good pizza joints in my hood
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#85 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:41 pm

bgchef1 wrote:New here, just wanted to give my input.

For classic naploi style pizza:

Spakka Napoli

Place looks fantastic - I think I might give them a try tonight.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,421

Post#86 » by jump » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:06 pm

KeithBoothFan, you're a genius.
DFolks
Veteran
And1: 208

Post#87 » by DFolks » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:26 pm

Man, just give me some pepperoni you snobs.
TB#1
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#88 » by TB#1 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:34 pm

envinc8bull1 wrote:Beggars in the south burbs, and nothing when im on the SOuth Side, i dont thick Haarolds chicken sales pizza lol. They dont market the good pizza joints in my hood

There are a lot of good places on the south side for Chicago style flat pizza, party cut. Fox's Pub in Beverly. Ledo's in Countryside. Barone's, if there are any left. Henry's in Palos Hills. In the city, I like Ranalli's.

Like Clint Eastwood, I still rank Uno's/Due's #1 for deep dish, as long as you are sticking to the original locations. I'm not a huge fan of Lou's -- the pizzas tend to be on the bland side, IMO. I used to like Gino's East, but I haven't been back there in years and am saddened by recent reports around here. Perquod's is duly recommended.

As to stuffed, I agree again with Clint. Eduardo's and Giordano's.
TB#1
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#89 » by TB#1 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:38 pm

DuckIII wrote:
cark wrote:I've always felt a little guilty that I don't usually prefer deep dish pizza. It's okay, but almost never my top choice,

That said, I still think the best pizza is found in the Chicago area. Thin crust, square-cut pizza will always be my drug of choice.

Me too, by the way. All of my favorite, faaaaaavorite pizza places are thin crust, square cut.

Since I know you are not a Chicago native, your love of Chicago thin party-cut pizza has just put my age-old man-crush alert on hormone overload.

Sausage, mushroom, green pepper, FTW!
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,785

Post#90 » by dougthonus » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:48 am

BiNARYstar wrote:Lou Malnati's for deep dish.

Rosati's for thin crust.

Peaquods for their lunch special- $5 beer+pizza meal

You are my pizza twin (except I've never done the pequads lunch special, but I love their pizza).

I've always been surprised at how many people love Giordanos simply because there's nothing really special about it IMO, and their quality control and quality of ingredients is only so-so. It's a nice place, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't blame someone for liking it, but finding it "the best" strikes me as not having been to many other nice pizza places. Lou Malnati's may not be for everyone, but I've found their quality of ingredients to be very high as well as their quality control. If their pizza isn't for you, then that's fine, but there are places that do Giordano's style pizza better than Giordanos IMO.

There used to be a place called Edwardo's that I went to which was a smaller chain which was basically the same thing as Giordanos, but I got much fewer dudes from them.

I've never had the sausage patty from Gino's East, so I can't comment on that, and as such, I don't want to rip them because I'm not a fan of their signature pizza, but I found otherwise their pizza to be kind of similar to Lou Malnati's but just not quite as good.

For thin crust I really enjoy Rosatis, but there could be better places. They make a nice thin crust, but I've found most good places thin crust pizza is pretty similar.

Btw, Lou Malnati's thin crust sucks IMO, so when I talk about how good it is, deep dish is implied there.

Pequads is a place I've only been to once, but it was great. Aurelios is also pretty good and very unique tasting because it's kind got a very sweet taste to their sauce which is distinctive, but it took me a few times to get used to it.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,785

Post#91 » by dougthonus » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:50 am

Beryl 96 wrote:Tanelli's, on Fullerton off of Central, blows everything I've had out of the water. This stuff is magical, if you fed it to a horse, it'd sprout wings and become a pegasus, then proceed to donkey kick you to death for being stupid enough to waste such glorious pizza on anybody but yourself. Give this stuff to the middle east and all violence and tensions will halt till a shortage comes around, which will then plunge us into world war V, yes, it will be so epic that 3 and 4 will get skipped.

Get it with Sausage, and if you want Pepperoni for a dash of extra flavor, haven't tried adding anything else because messing with this kind of perfection might cause a black hole to form and send humanity to Bruges which, if you're wondering is in Belgium.

Now that's a description that makes me want to go try it.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#92 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:20 am

Beryl 96 wrote:Tanelli's, on Fullerton off of Central, blows everything I've had out of the water. This stuff is magical, if you fed it to a horse, it'd sprout wings and become a pegasus, then proceed to donkey kick you to death for being stupid enough to waste such glorious pizza on anybody but yourself. Give this stuff to the middle east and all violence and tensions will halt till a shortage comes around, which will then plunge us into world war V, yes, it will be so epic that 3 and 4 will get skipped.

Get it with Sausage, and if you want Pepperoni for a dash of extra flavor, haven't tried adding anything else because messing with this kind of perfection might cause a black hole to form and send humanity to Bruges which, if you're wondering is in Belgium.

Awesome.

And In Bruges is a great movie.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#93 » by waffle » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:29 am

There you are, Mrs Scrint, I hope that answers some of your problems - have a nice trip. (more applause) Well now, the result of last week's competition when we asked you to find a derogatory term for the Belgians. Well, the response was enormous and we took quite a long time sorting out the winners. There were some very clever entries. Mrs Hatred of Leicester Said 'let's not call them anything, let's just ignore them' ... (applause starts vigorously, but he holds his hands up for silence) ... and a Mr St John of Huntingdon said he couldn't think of anything more derogatory than Belgians. (cheers and applause; a girl in showgirl costume comes on and holds up placards through next bit) But in the end we settled on three choices: number three ... the Sprouts (placard 'The Sprouts'), sent in by Mrs Vicious of Hastings... very nice ; number two..... the Phlegms (placard) ... from Mrs Childmolester of Worthing; but the winner was undoubtedly from Mrs No-Supper-For-You from Norwood in Lancashire... Miserable Fat Belgian Bastards. (placard; roar of applause) Very good - thank you, Carol. (Carol exits)
Beryl 96
Starter
And1: 0

Post#94 » by Beryl 96 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:57 am

Doug, Magilla, its great pizza, my friend and his dad who used to live in the area turned me onto it when we went to the auto show a few years back, and its become tradition with us to go there after the auto show. However be warned, its a tiny place, has like 3-4 wobbley tables, and the only people I've seen eat in there was us haha, its more of a carryout/delivery type place but, living all the way up in Lake Villa means thats not much of an option for us. I won't bother acting like I've been to a ton of the great pizza places in Chicago, but my friend and especially his Dad has, and they agree that Tanelli's is tops. We drive out there every month or two just to get some.

Also another pretty good place if you're up north is Silo's in Lake Bluff on 176 off of Waukegan Rd.
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#95 » by Pax for Prez » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:36 am

Barraco's has the best Pizza !!

7 Locations on the SW side
Senor Chang
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,216

Post#96 » by Senor Chang » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:36 am

just googled tanellis, am going there asap this weekend. i hope its THAT good. i want wings too
wayoftheroad wrote:We’re getting bodied by Moochie Norris lmao
KeithBoothfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 198

Post#97 » by KeithBoothfan » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:48 am

jump wrote:KeithBoothFan, you're a genius.

I never get tired of hearing that.

(yes, that was a joke)
Can I borrow a feeling?

Care for a ViciousFlogging? I'm your guy!
Kiid-Nerd-
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#98 » by Kiid-Nerd- » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:35 am

BACCI'S

Loveeeee them =)
kiid-nerd- wrote: Jackass, I'm a girl . Do I have to start typing in pink font ?

King College PrepFreshman&Proud
Howling Mad
General Manager
And1: 582

Post#99 » by Howling Mad » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:50 am

For deep dish. Pequods. No argument there.

For thin crust its a toss up with me.

Pizza Metro/Pizza Rustica - same pizza, same italian owners, different locations. A dollar cheaper at Pizza Metro.

Pizza Metro/Pizza Rustica is ran by hardcore Italians. The closest thing I've come to Italian cafe pizza. Try their potato and rosemary pizza. Yum. Pizza Metro on Division and Pizza Rustica in Wrigleyville, underneath the Sheridan stop.

(shameless plug coming..)
Company I worked for did a bit on Piece Brewery and Pizza. Love their pizza flavors. Their white pizza with goat cheese and sausage is amazing. Their beer is even better. Golden Arm. On North Avenue. I'm probably bias on this trendy hot spot.

http://www.wttw.com/main.taf?erube_fh=w ... rantID=258

My favorite of all time is not in Chicago. I know I know, sacreligious. Born in NY, so I gotta go with Sac's Pizza from Queens. Best margherit pizza in NY.

JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#100 » by JordansBulls » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:45 pm

BULL even PAX wrote:For deep dish. Pequods. No argument there.

For thin crust its a toss up with me.

Pizza Metro/Pizza Rustica - same pizza, same italian owners, different locations. A dollar cheaper at Pizza Metro.

Pizza Metro/Pizza Rustica is ran by hardcore Italians. The closest thing I've come to Italian cafe pizza. Try their potato and rosemary pizza. Yum. Pizza Metro on Division and Pizza Rustica in Wrigleyville, underneath the Sheridan stop.

(shameless plug coming..)
Company I worked for did a bit on Piece Brewery and Pizza. Love their pizza flavors. Their white pizza with goat cheese and sausage is amazing. Their beer is even better. Golden Arm. On North Avenue. I'm probably bias on this trendy hot spot.

http://www.wttw.com/main.taf?erube_fh=w ... rantID=258

My favorite of all time is not in Chicago. I know I know, sacreligious. Born in NY, so I gotta go with Sac's Pizza from Queens. Best margherit pizza in NY.

How long has this "Pequods" place been around?
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan

Return to Chicago Bulls