Image ImageImage Image

Ran into James Johnson on Sunday...

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

lu9
Veteran
And1: 49

Ran into James Johnson on Sunday... 

Post#1 » by lu9 » Wed Sep 2, 2009 4:09 pm

And let me just say this. The friendliest, most polite professional I have met by far.

So, I'm at the Apple store at Northbrook Court on sunday evening. I see James walk in the store and I instinctively say.. "James.." he looks at me and says, "hey man" and walks on past me. I thought ok, nice guy. but then.. two minutes later he walks back over to me, extends his hand and says "hey man, James Johnson..." I proceeded to introduce myself and my girlfriend. He then brings his girlfriend over and introduces her. (6'1".. all legs, very cute girl). He asks what brings me to Apple, I tell him my GF is buying a comp. I return the question and he tells me he was picking up some head phones... I then tell him I thought he had a nice summer league and I was really looking forward to his rookie season. He said thanks and then left us. REALLY nice guy and it definitely gave me a positive impression. He didn't have to walk over and talk to me.

Side note: Dude looked trim.

Anyway, its summer, slow board and I thought I would share this story. I hope some (Ralph and others at least) will get a kick out of it...
lu9
TB#1
Banned User
And1: 9

Re: Ran into James Johnson on Sunday... 

Post#2 » by TB#1 » Wed Sep 2, 2009 4:13 pm

Great story. I always like to hear it when an athlete is down to Earth and approachable.
gabroo23
Freshman
And1: 5

Post#3 » by gabroo23 » Wed Sep 2, 2009 4:16 pm

thats awesome man. i live in the north shore area too and i always run into bulls players at deerfield. its always nice when they acknowledge you and treat you with respect.
sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#4 » by sdeezy » Wed Sep 2, 2009 4:17 pm

U ran into James Johnson and lived to tell the tale...impossible
montestewart wrote:Blatche and McGee standing next to Boozer and Thomas reminded me of first-time offenders meeting real cons in a "scared straight" program.
Scott May
Head Coach
And1: 24

Post#5 » by Scott May » Wed Sep 2, 2009 4:20 pm

lu9 is too modest and attention-avoiding to reveal the truly great thing that's happened as a result of this encounter -- he's pregnant.

Congrats to lu9 and JJ.
On indefinite hiatus as of May 27, 2014.
lu9
Veteran
And1: 49

Post#6 » by lu9 » Wed Sep 2, 2009 4:21 pm

sdeezy wrote:U ran into James Johnson and lived to tell the tale...impossible

ha, yeah. Although he did have this crazy glow that was coming off of him. :lol:
lu9
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,605

Post#7 » by DuckIII » Wed Sep 2, 2009 4:26 pm

I saw James Johnson on television once. He had a mohawk. And was fat. I tried to talk to him, but he didn't hear me.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#8 » by jax98 » Wed Sep 2, 2009 4:41 pm

DuckIII wrote:I saw James Johnson on television once. He had a mohawk. And was fat. I tried to talk to him, but he didn't hear me.

I'm sure he did, Duck. It's James Johnson after all. I just think he ignored you.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by DuckIII » Wed Sep 2, 2009 4:44 pm

Morten Jensen wrote:
DuckIII wrote:I saw James Johnson on television once. He had a mohawk. And was fat. I tried to talk to him, but he didn't hear me.

I'm sure he did, Duck. It's James Johnson after all. I just think he ignored you.

Good point. I think this proves that Jimmy Johns was only being nice to lu9 because he had his girlfriend with him.
Hummm
Senior
And1: 24

Post#10 » by Hummm » Wed Sep 2, 2009 4:49 pm

You hear so many bad stories about how NBA players conduct themselves its good to hear about a great encounter.
Senor Chang
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,216

Post#11 » by Senor Chang » Wed Sep 2, 2009 4:49 pm

TB#1 wrote:Great story. I always like to hear it when an athlete is down to Earth and approachable.

James Johnson is not down to earth, the earth is down to James Johnson
wayoftheroad wrote:We’re getting bodied by Moochie Norris lmao
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by DuckIII » Wed Sep 2, 2009 4:55 pm

i_killed_kenny wrote:
TB#1 wrote:Great story. I always like to hear it when an athlete is down to Earth and approachable.

This is true. The Earth spins from the friction of James Johnson's footsteps. And when he does the windmill, well lets just say if you live in a trailer park, you don't like it when James Johnson breakdances.
TB#1
Banned User

Post#13 » by TB#1 » Wed Sep 2, 2009 5:02 pm

DuckIII wrote:
i_killed_kenny wrote:

This is true. The Earth spins from the friction of James Johnson's footsteps. And when he does the windmill, well lets just say if you live in a trailer park, you don't like it when James Johnson breakdances.

Good points all, but as pointed out in the JordansBulls Derrick Rose Popularity Bigness thread (has everyone voted in the poll I added?) Derrick Rose's Big Popularity spins James Johnson (mighty as he is, and he IS mighty) like a top. Until further notice.

End of transmission.
SephCast
Bench Warmer
And1: 95

Post#14 » by SephCast » Wed Sep 2, 2009 5:07 pm

Wrong. JJ's presence killed the OP, JJ logged into his account, and formulated this story to cover his tracks.
CuzzCuzz
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#15 » by CuzzCuzz » Wed Sep 2, 2009 5:11 pm

cool story. I saw Brad Miller at O'Hare on Monday afternoon (we were both at the same luggage pickup area). I didn't say anything to him, but he LOOKED approachable :D
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#16 » by kyrv » Wed Sep 2, 2009 5:16 pm

lu9 wrote:And let me just say this. The friendliest, most polite professional I have met by far.

So, I'm at the Apple store at Northbrook Court on sunday evening. I see James walk in the store and I instinctively say.. "James.." he looks at me and says, "hey man" and walks on past me. I thought ok, nice guy. but then.. two minutes later he walks back over to me, extends his hand and says "hey man, James Johnson..." I proceeded to introduce myself and my girlfriend. He then brings his girlfriend over and introduces her. (6'1".. all legs, very cute girl). He asks what brings me to Apple, I tell him my GF is buying a comp. I return the question and he tells me he was picking up some head phones... I then tell him I thought he had a nice summer league and I was really looking forward to his rookie season. He said thanks and then left us. REALLY nice guy and it definitely gave me a positive impression. He didn't have to walk over and talk to me.

Side note: Dude looked trim.

Anyway, its summer, slow board and I thought I would share this story. I hope some (Ralph and others at least) will get a kick out of it...

Did you touch our new johnson?
TB#1
Banned User

Post#17 » by TB#1 » Wed Sep 2, 2009 5:17 pm

SephCast wrote:

Wrong. JJ's presence killed the OP, JJ logged into his account, and formulated this story to cover his tracks.

PPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTT...as if James Johnson leaves tracks.
BuffaloBull
Assistant Coach
And1: 576

Post#18 » by BuffaloBull » Wed Sep 2, 2009 5:19 pm

The legend grows...

James Johnson scored 50 points. 50, as if it were one.

A hundred points. With his own crossover!

Cut through them... like Moses through the Red Sea.
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#19 » by waffle » Wed Sep 2, 2009 5:26 pm

James Johnson could S*CK, have a drug overdose, die in a skydiving accident, decide he wants to become a Shakespearean actor, whatever, and STILL he would be overshadowed by our "james Johnson is..." threads. They are greater than he.
Grand Champ
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#20 » by Grand Champ » Wed Sep 2, 2009 5:29 pm

Dude, never wash that hand again, it will be worth millions someday!

Return to Chicago Bulls