Image ImageImage Image

Bulls season kick off party

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,942

Bulls season kick off party 

Post#1 » by dougthonus » Wed Oct 7, 2009 12:35 am

Okay, it will almost certainly be a losing effort and depressing night, but anyone want to come over and watch the season opener at my house?

As per usual events at my house the following things apply:
1) I will buy pizza and supply pop
2) If you want beer that's fine, but bring your own, take it with you, and don't get drunk
3) You can bring other food products if Luol Malnati's won't do it for you, but do not bring any products with nuts (myself and my daughter have anaphlyactic allergies)
4) If you need to get a lift from the train station to my house and a lift back to the train station, I can probably arrange that (and if you take the 4:20 from downtown you can just hang out with me on the train because I'll be on the same one).

To get in, you must email me in addition to replying to this thread, so I can add you onto the email list for my address / party updates:
email me at my username here at bullsbeat.com or go to bullspodcasters.com and leave a comment for me in the comment box and leave your correct email

I will mark you in on this list once I have your email address:
The in crowd:
1) Doug
2) Musiqsoulchild
3) Cool007
4) iltdi
5) Dantown (maybe)
6) Magilla (maybe)
7) Asseyer + friend
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Chi
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,376

Re: Bulls season kick off party 

Post#2 » by Chi » Wed Oct 7, 2009 1:07 am

I know we're all good Bulls/ sports fans, and i'm sure this is with the best intentions...

But are you sure you want to invite Chicago to your house???
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#3 » by dougthonus » Wed Oct 7, 2009 1:25 am

Chi wrote:I know we're all good Bulls/ sports fans, and i'm sure this is with the best intentions...

But are you sure you want to invite Chicago to your house???

I've invited the forum to my house for draft parties for the past two years. We've had around 20 people both times.
@doug_thonus on twitter
HINrichPolice
General Manager
And1: 1,706

Post#4 » by HINrichPolice » Wed Oct 7, 2009 1:41 am

Wish I could make it, Doug! The preseason has me really excited about our team. We're looking pretty deep and with good chemistry. I hope it translates into the real games.
CONTENDERS FIND A WAY
Mapelgleaf
Assistant Coach
And1: 280

Post#5 » by Mapelgleaf » Wed Oct 7, 2009 1:49 am

Wish I could make it too Doug... but uh... you know ;)

Sorry!! :) :) :)
Websites • SEO • Graphic Design
http://www.AstuteWebGroup.com
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#6 » by dougthonus » Wed Oct 7, 2009 1:51 am

Mapelgleaf wrote:Wish I could make it too Doug... but uh... you know ;)

Sorry!! :) :) :)

You could just take me to the game instead. That'd work.
@doug_thonus on twitter
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#7 » by musiqsoulchild » Wed Oct 7, 2009 1:58 am

Hi Doug,

I am game!!!
For love, not money.
DaBulls82
Head Coach
And1: 868

Post#8 » by DaBulls82 » Wed Oct 7, 2009 5:53 am

I might be coming into Chicago to catch the Lupe concert on Thursday. However, I'll be travelling with a female friend. I don't know if I can convince her to watch the game with people I chat with on the internet.

We could all meet *at* the game. I'll buy the first round of beers, unless like 30 of you show up. :)

EDIT:
Just realized the home opener is ON the 29th against the Spurs. And here I thought I could fit in all I wanted in one weekend. Damn it.
14 years is a nice run but it's time to end the Paxson era.

ImageImageImage
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#9 » by pduh01 » Wed Oct 7, 2009 5:59 am

dougthonus wrote:Okay, it will almost certainly be a losing effort and depressing night, but anyone want to come over and watch the season opener at my house?

If you promise four things and I will go.

1) Buy me a ticket to fly me to New Mexico to Chicago wait I think you don't live in Chicago anymore right well where ever you live then lol.

2) Get lots of beer and hard liquid because I am going to be drunk very hard rather we win and lose yeaaaaahhhhhhh!!!

3) Help me pass my trig and precalcus class I am taking this semester. :wink:
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,628
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#10 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Wed Oct 7, 2009 6:16 am

I would love to go, but unfortunately, I'm in San Antonio right now. I would write obscene things about the Spurs on my car, but I'm pretty sure my radio would get stolen. Hope you guys have a good time!
Asseyer
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#11 » by Asseyer » Wed Oct 7, 2009 9:23 pm

dougthonus wrote:Okay, it will almost certainly be a losing effort and depressing night, but anyone want to come over and watch the season opener at my house?

Doug, I could come. I and a friend of mine ofcourse...also a Bulls fan would be more then happy to come. We're not of legal drinking age but I don't think that will matter much, we don't need to drink. But, we are legal adults. :)

Let me know the address, I live 20 mins. from the UC.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#12 » by dougthonus » Wed Oct 7, 2009 9:45 pm

I live in the western suburbs, so it might be a bit of a drive for you.

Not being of legal drinking age won't be a problem, because I won't be drinking, and I don't like people getting drunk at my house, so it never turns into a kegger. I don't really care if people have a few beers just so long as no one gets crazy though.

This goes for anyone interested in coming, if you'd like to come, you can send me an email (my username at bullsbeat.com or go to bullspodcasters and leave a comment in my comment box with your email address), and I will add you on to an email distribution list for updates.

2) If you want beer that's fine, but bring your own, take it with you, and don't get drunk
3) You can bring other food products if Luol Malnati's won't do it for you, but do not bring any products with nuts (myself and my daughter have anaphlyactic allergies)
4) If you need to get a lift from the train station to my house and a lift back to the train station, I can probably arrange that (and if you take the 4:20 from downtown you can just hang out with me on the train because I'll be on the same one).
@doug_thonus on twitter
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#13 » by jax98 » Wed Oct 7, 2009 9:49 pm

5) If Doug is around, make sure all straws are directed AWAY from his eyes.
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,104

Post#14 » by cool007 » Wed Oct 7, 2009 9:52 pm

dougthonus wrote:I live in the western suburbs, so it might be a bit of a drive for you.

Not being of legal drinking age won't be a problem, because I won't be drinking, and I don't like people getting drunk at my house, so it never turns into a kegger. I don't really care if people have a few beers just so long as no one gets crazy though.

This goes for anyone interested in coming, if you'd like to come, you can send me an email (my username at bullsbeat.com or go to bullspodcasters and leave a comment in my comment box with your email address), and I will add you on to an email distribution list for updates.

Hey What's up Doug?

I am in. You know everytime I came over to your house and watched the game at your home OR whenever we went to watch Bulls games, we have won every time right? :lol:

So I want to keep that going.

I will be there at your home by 7pm to enjoy the start of the Bulls (successful) season.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#15 » by dougthonus » Wed Oct 7, 2009 9:53 pm

Morten Jensen wrote:5) If Doug is around, make sure all straws are directed AWAY from his eyes.

Why do you think I only allow cans and bottles at my house, no straws.
@doug_thonus on twitter
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#16 » by jax98 » Wed Oct 7, 2009 9:57 pm

dougthonus wrote:Why do you think I only allow cans and bottles at my house, no straws.

:lol:

It can happen to the best of us. I think.
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#17 » by BR0D1E86 » Wed Oct 7, 2009 11:06 pm

I can't make it, but as always Doug you're the man for doing this kind of stuff.
Asseyer
Banned User

Post#18 » by Asseyer » Thu Oct 8, 2009 3:24 am

Doug, I believe you sure are one hell of a person. How could you possibly let all these freaks into your home? No offense, but if I would be terrified. Only a very few amount of people in the world I think would do this, and you're one of them.

None of the less, great job, I just can't imagine how your wife feels about this.
darkman1x32
Pro Prospect

Post#19 » by darkman1x32 » Thu Oct 8, 2009 4:54 am

I wanna go!!!
apollocreed32
Veteran
And1: 5

Post#20 » by apollocreed32 » Thu Oct 8, 2009 7:41 am

Asseyer wrote:Doug, I believe you sure are one hell of a person. How could you possibly let all these freaks into your home? No offense, but if I would be terrified. Only a very few amount of people in the world I think would do this, and you're one of them.

None of the less, great job, I just can't imagine how your wife feels about this.

not his first rodeo. people who go to his house go for two reasons

1) they love the bulls and talking with the people on this board
2) have a large respect for doug and take this rare opportunity

the freaks you refer to dont come, and if they did, the other people would have no problem making sure nothing happened.
how many jab steps does it take to get to milwaukee?

Return to Chicago Bulls