Image ImageImage Image

11/5/09--Chicago Bulls @ Cleveland Cavaliers--7PM CST (TNT)

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Re: 11/5/09--Chicago Bulls @ Cleveland Cavaliers--7PM CST (TNT) 

Post#41 » by transplant » Thu Nov 5, 2009 1:31 pm

The Boston game just scared me to death...I couldn't even work up any false hope. The best part about it is that it's in our rearview mirror and everything else looks easier.

The Bulls don't figure to win tonight's game, but if we can make Lebron work hard on both ends, can defensive rebound and then run and maybe like make over 40% of our shots for a change, we've got a puncher's chance.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
JOHN
General Manager
And1: 90

Post#42 » by JOHN » Thu Nov 5, 2009 1:58 pm

BL_W_UT

(Buy a vowel)

This game will be over from the 10:00 mark of the second quarter

Bulls 99
Cavs 76
Remember remember the 1st of April.......
PippenAintEasy
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#43 » by PippenAintEasy » Thu Nov 5, 2009 2:10 pm

I really wish Tyrus was playing. Last year wasn't it him and Deng that stifled Lebron into an 8 for 28 shooting night? It might have just been Deng, but I do remember Tyrus blocking the ever loving **** out of Lebron.
From the "Story behind certain jersey numbers" thread...
C'mon Cavs wrote:Larry Hughes wears #32 because he sucks.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,762

Post#44 » by dougthonus » Thu Nov 5, 2009 2:13 pm

PippenAintEasy wrote:I really wish Tyrus was playing. Last year wasn't it him and Deng that stifled Lebron into an 8 for 28 shooting night? It might have just been Deng, but I do remember Tyrus blocking the ever loving **** out of Lebron.

There was a time in that game where Tyrus just locked down LeBron for about 5 minutes.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,359

Post#45 » by DASMACKDOWN » Thu Nov 5, 2009 2:30 pm

^ It seems every game that we have beat the Cavs and it hasnt been many, Tyrus has played a big part of it.
The Cult of Personality
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#46 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu Nov 5, 2009 2:38 pm

mlitney01 wrote:Vegas has the total points posted at 187 for this game. I cannot see that happening. It'll probably be more like 98-83, Cavs. Neither team has really good 3-point shooting and the defenses will allow for some long possessions and turnovers.

The Cavs were one of the better 3 shooting teams in the NBA last year and really should have only gotten better with Parker being added (instead of Wally Szczerbiak).
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#47 » by Hangtime84 » Thu Nov 5, 2009 2:44 pm

dougthonus wrote:
PippenAintEasy wrote:I really wish Tyrus was playing. Last year wasn't it him and Deng that stifled Lebron into an 8 for 28 shooting night? It might have just been Deng, but I do remember Tyrus blocking the ever loving **** out of Lebron.

There was a time in that game where Tyrus just locked down LeBron for about 5 minutes.

lebron he reallies much on his physical gifts to get by people. When tyrus matched his athleticism it seem to frustrate him. For some reason Tyrus can guard lebron, but Paul Pierce is waaay too crafty for him.

I'm expecting Lebron to make deng his bitch and shaq to make our front court took like babies. Cavs win BIG
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#48 » by AKfanatic » Thu Nov 5, 2009 2:53 pm

mlitney01 wrote:Vegas has the total points posted at 187 for this game. I cannot see that happening.

n. a homicide

I'm pretty sure that's what Vegas meant.
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#49 » by AKfanatic » Thu Nov 5, 2009 2:57 pm

dougthonus wrote:

Ah yes, that was beautiful. What was even more beautiful was the way Lebron seemingly blamed his game entirely on the flu in the post game interview..dismissing the defense completely. So if the Bulls do lose, and Lebron goes off I to blame the flu (Tyrus) and dismiss Lebron completely.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#50 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Thu Nov 5, 2009 3:08 pm

FWIW - Those wondering about why James Johnson isn't playing, I was told today second-hand from a player who worked out for/with the Bulls this summer that James Johnson was habitually late or missed the player practices that happened before training camp, and was late many more times during training camp practices. I don't know if it is the reason (I think it is probably more a shortening of the rotation if anything) but it might be one of the causes.

The player/source is friendly with many of the Bulls, is a Chicago native, and has played in a couple of the Summer Leagues for the Bulls as well as the mini camps.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#51 » by Cliff Levingston » Thu Nov 5, 2009 3:48 pm

This is bad match up for us. LeBron will punk Deng, who is one of the only guys on our team playing well right now. The other has to deal with Shaq who's way too strong for Noah in the paint, while offensively, Noah isn't equipped to make Shaq pay for not coming out to guard him. We're going to need to use a healthy dose of Brad Miller on Shaq.
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#52 » by suckfish » Thu Nov 5, 2009 4:03 pm

Hopefully the Bulls come out strong for Charles. I don't fancy our chances, but the Cavs are still new to each other and are not clicking as they probably will be later on in the year. Our only hope is that the Bulls get pumped for the TNT cameras, bring the energy, and the Cavs have an out of sync night.

It can't be any uglier than the C's game, right?
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,662

Post#53 » by sco » Thu Nov 5, 2009 4:04 pm

Cliff Levingston wrote:This is bad match up for us. LeBron will punk Deng, who is one of the only guys on our team playing well right now. The other has to deal with Shaq who's way too strong for Noah in the paint, while offensively, Noah isn't equipped to make Shaq pay for not coming out to guard him. We're going to need to use a healthy dose of Brad Miller on Shaq.

Didn't Noah have recent success against Shaq?
:clap:
PippenAintEasy
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#54 » by PippenAintEasy » Thu Nov 5, 2009 4:13 pm

sco wrote:
Cliff Levingston wrote:This is bad match up for us. LeBron will punk Deng, who is one of the only guys on our team playing well right now. The other has to deal with Shaq who's way too strong for Noah in the paint, while offensively, Noah isn't equipped to make Shaq pay for not coming out to guard him. We're going to need to use a healthy dose of Brad Miller on Shaq.

Didn't Noah have recent success against Shaq?

Last time we played Shaq, when he was on the Suns of Phoenix his line was 18/8 on 6-11 shooting. However, he did foul out. I would say that's somewhat successful, that's about what he averaged last season. EDIT. Actually he averaged 15.2 and 9.2 last season... so yeah not too bad.
From the "Story behind certain jersey numbers" thread...
C'mon Cavs wrote:Larry Hughes wears #32 because he sucks.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,521

Post#55 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Thu Nov 5, 2009 4:54 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:FWIW - Those wondering about why James Johnson isn't playing, I was told today second-hand from a player who worked out for/with the Bulls this summer that James Johnson was habitually late or missed the player practices that happened before training camp, and was late many more times during training camp practices. I don't know if it is the reason (I think it is probably more a shortening of the rotation if anything) but it might be one of the causes.

The player/source is friendly with many of the Bulls, is a Chicago native, and has played in a couple of the Summer Leagues for the Bulls as well as the mini camps.

Well, that would explain it. Whatever. I don't think his game is refined enough for significant minutes, anyway.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#56 » by B Mac » Thu Nov 5, 2009 5:30 pm

Always a fun matchup with you guys, although I cant believe how negative this thread is. Chins up fellas, you're still a playoff team at least in my eyes. No Tyrus tonight? Yea, he's a Cav killer, cant say Im too upset about that. Good luck guys.
Luke NOT Luc
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#57 » by Luke NOT Luc » Thu Nov 5, 2009 5:33 pm

Hangtime84 wrote:lebron he reallies much on his physical gifts to get by people. When tyrus matched his athleticism it seem to frustrate him. For some reason Tyrus can guard lebron, but Paul Pierce is waaay too crafty for him.

It's because Pierce is a smart fat guy and Lebron is just a bruising ox
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#58 » by 6_Rings » Thu Nov 5, 2009 5:34 pm

ahh what can i say... good luck?
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
Luke NOT Luc
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#59 » by Luke NOT Luc » Thu Nov 5, 2009 5:39 pm

This is just a bad match-up for us. Shaq and Lebron are way too big for anyone on our roster and Kirk's defense isn't its usual strength against quick guards like Mo and Delonte. Rose can guard neither of those guys either. One thing that can be to our benefit, however, is having Taj at the high post to keep Varejao out of the paint. Shaq's defense is atrocious and we can either draw fouls or beat him to the hoop with our guards and slashers.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,908

Post#60 » by biggestbullsfan » Thu Nov 5, 2009 5:45 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:FWIW - Those wondering about why James Johnson isn't playing, I was told today second-hand from a player who worked out for/with the Bulls this summer that James Johnson was habitually late or missed the player practices that happened before training camp, and was late many more times during training camp practices. I don't know if it is the reason (I think it is probably more a shortening of the rotation if anything) but it might be one of the causes.

If thats true its quite dissapointing.

He had so much promise to not be the player that doesnt care and always slacks as so many thought he wasbefore the draft.

And to have that mindset before your rookie year even begins is so sad.

Return to Chicago Bulls