Image ImageImage Image

Trade Derrick Rose

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 123

Re: Trade Derrick Rose 

Post#341 » by Three34 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:10 pm

Shill4Tyrus24 wrote:
Sham wrote:But he does not have superstar potential because there's too much he can't do.

I disagree with this.

Yeah, well, I'm a hater. And by hating, I'm going to inspire him.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#342 » by kyrv » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:20 pm

sdeezy wrote:
nitetrain8603 wrote:I won't speak on the other posters who do want Rose gone. For myself, the reason why I don't like Rose as a 1st, 2nd or maybe even 3rd option, a leader, or a player is because he's frustrating to watch. Much more frustrating than Tyrus Thomas. I have stated why I want him gone, and little of it has to do with his production, but more to do with the way he plays the game, his personality, his BBall IQ, etc.

I've said it since he was drafted. I suggest some people stop insulting those who want the hometown kid gone before we pay him a trillion dollars to be the face of the franchise in which he doesn't have the goods to do that. I rather get ballplayers.

wow..lol

I would say that's not the best analysis from nitetrain I've ever read.

Wish I could sig that, just won't fit.

And I second your - WOW and raise you holy cr*p what the???
mjaye
Pro Prospect
And1: 10

Post#343 » by mjaye » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:35 pm

If the Bulls were able to nab one of the Big 3 FA's (Bosh/Wade/James), and trading Rose would yield another one, what do you do?
Shill
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#344 » by Shill » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:37 pm

Sham wrote:
Shill4Tyrus24 wrote:
Sham wrote:But he does not have superstar potential because there's too much he can't do.

I disagree with this.

Yeah, well, I'm a hater. And by hating, I'm going to inspire him.

LOL

Just curious, how do you quantify superstar? Which current players do you consider superstars?
Scottie Pippen's response to whom he would pick for his running mate, Michael or LeBron: "That's a dumbass question. I've never done anything with LeBron. I wouldn't take LeBron to the movies."
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,889

Post#345 » by MAQ » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:56 pm

Shill4Tyrus24 wrote:LOL

Just curious, how do you quantify superstar? Which current players do you consider superstars?

Ask him about Brandon Roy...

I'm starting to see why Sham may not have wanted to become a mod. But I must say, picking your brain on the rare occasions where you do have back and forth with people is one of the most enjoyable things to do on this board. Please don't stop now.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
TheAdmiral
RealGM
And1: 1,213

Post#346 » by TheAdmiral » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:39 am

Oh yeah, some people couldn't have been more wrong.
D-31 wrote:again..all of u Jordan fans are caught up in his scoring accolades and fail to realize that he was a lousy basketball player.

Jordan never fully understood basketball. He had the lowest basketball IQ of any NBA "superstar" in history.
bullybullz
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#347 » by bullybullz » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:41 am

Stupidest thread ever. Can't believe Mods didn't lock this one up as soon as it was posted. Makes no sense whatsoever from the Bulls perspective as a franchise. Rose is the franchise player unless the Bulls pick up a big time player in 2010 Free Agency.
Get rid of Bum Gordon(DONE DONE DONE!!!!!!!!!!) and Andres Sucioni(DONE!!)

Rerisen wrote:Gordon really good at acting like he is about to lose the ball to bait defenders into fouls. At least that's one way to look at it.
nitric0
RealGM
And1: 1,352

Post#348 » by nitric0 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:41 am

We should ban the doubters for 24 hours :D
“We were right there with them. We dominated for most of the game, but then Derrick Rose happened.” - Al Horford
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,160

Post#349 » by SHO'NUFF » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:03 am

This was already bumped. We shouldn't bump it every time he does good.

BTW....I'm glad this was my first post in this thread.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
BigBully
Junior
And1: 14

Post#350 » by BigBully » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:05 am

nitric0 wrote:I can't believe people wanted him traded when he was injured, lmao shows who the fake fans are

Exactly! Either fake, or not intelligent.
DIE BY THE HORNS
BigBully
Junior
And1: 14

Post#351 » by BigBully » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:07 am

SHO'NUFF wrote:This was already bumped. We shouldn't bump it every time he does good.

BTW....I'm glad this was my first post in this thread.

This is my second :D .....felt no need to acknowledge this insanity
DIE BY THE HORNS
bullseyez
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#352 » by bullseyez » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:27 am

UoI19 wrote:Good luck with Milwaukee. They have a bleaker future than ours.
I don't agree w/ this statement...The Bucks have a good young nucleus of players, and a coach that's putting it all together. I wouldn't say that they'll finish with a better record than the Bulls, however the way the Bulls play I really couldn't say that they won't.
I must admit that I enjoy reading threads like this one. One that comes from outside the box. No, I do not feel that the Bulls should trade the 1st pick in the draft for so many reasons. But, to bring up the thought is worth the read.
umfan83
RealGM
And1: 3,265

Post#353 » by umfan83 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:29 am

This was my first post in the thread:

umfan83 wrote: People are stupid. Rose hasn't proven he's a superstar, and hasn't proven he's a bust. It's way too early to know for sure either way. People point to other players making the leap at similar stages of their careers but the thing is, everyone is different. Everyone has a certain point where things click. Derrick Rose gets it...he's a gym rat from what we hear, he's dedicated to improving his game, he's humble, he's a team guy. All people want to do is rip on him for being passive. He knows he needs to get more aggressive and sometimes things take time. In this world we live in, fans want things now and can't handle things developing slowly than people want it. This season is a wash anyways, so chill out and watch him figure things out and improve.

You can go ahead and trade him but no one is going to trade an under 28 franchise player for him. Why trade for potential when you already have the finished product. The best move for the Bulls is to keep him and do everything possible to help him become a player that proves his potential. And Derrick Rose has potential. Anyone who doesn't see it is a complete moron. I agree not all players reach their potential, but looking at the intangibles Rose has, and the reasons why players don't hit their potentials, don't you think Derrick is a pretty safe bet?

So get over your impatience, watch Derrick Rose try to improve every game and let the chips fall where they may. The season is a wash, we are playing for two things, 1) to make our team as attractive as possible for FAs, and 2) make Derrick Rose into a superstar. And guess what? Those 2 objectives are closely related. So once this teams makes a failed but honest effort to compete, they will have to switch gears and make the season meaningful, aka taking the focus off the players who aren't long term answers and moving the focus to players like Derrick Rose.
RealGM Bulls Board veteran of the following failed epic battles:
-Kobe (2008)
-Amare (2009)
-Bosh (2010 trade deadline and FA)
-LeBron (2010)
-Wade (2010)
-Melo (2014)
JackFinn
RealGM
And1: 1,605

Post#354 » by JackFinn » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:16 am

Weird how irritated or angry some of you are, even when your team is doing well. Me, I have my White Russian and my good friend, Liz. Listening to Miles Davis. Her Siberian Husky just threw up and she was in convulsions laughing at him. Earlier we were walking around, pointing out different strangers, guessing what they sounded like during sex.
Mapelgleaf
Assistant Coach
And1: 280

Post#355 » by Mapelgleaf » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:06 am

JackFinn wrote:Weird how irritated or angry some of you are, even when your team is doing well. Me, I have my White Russian and my good friend, Liz. Listening to Miles Davis. Her Siberian Husky just threw up and she was in convulsions laughing at him. Earlier we were walking around, pointing out different strangers, guessing what they sounded like during sex.

:o
Websites • SEO • Graphic Design
http://www.AstuteWebGroup.com
red222
RealGM
And1: 2,293

Post#356 » by red222 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:16 am

red222 wrote:
nitetrain8603 wrote:Derrick Rose is much more than just a turnover prone guy who loves to penetrate. With that said, I believe it is best for this team to play uptempo and actually implement the dribble drive motion offense that Calipari as well as Boston ran. With that said, the Bulls still need shooters like Ben to help them out.

Again, I'd trade Rose for the right part, but at the same time, I realize this roster is a mess. I think VDN gets too much blame. I don't ever think Rose will reach the potential people here thought of. And yes, there were posters who said HOF worthy, perennial all-star worthy, and I think someone was upset when someone said that they just see him as a top 15 player in the league, but not the best.

I'd do Rose, Deng, and Tyrus for Mayo an unprotected first and Zach Randolph. That's just me.

I never thought of derrick as #1 option simply because of his position if we build around him you can win this is more of an organization issue than a rose issue.

i dont feel guilty i hope I am wrong about the option thing tho :lol: I never lost faith in derrick :D
JackFinn
RealGM
And1: 1,605

Post#357 » by JackFinn » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:08 am

Mapelgleaf wrote: :o

Mapelgleaf
Assistant Coach
And1: 280

Post#358 » by Mapelgleaf » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:14 am

JackFinn wrote:
Mapelgleaf wrote: :o

You can only quote 3 times...Game, set match Finn
Websites • SEO • Graphic Design
http://www.AstuteWebGroup.com
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#359 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:42 am

This thread has served its purpose & is now getting downright silly.

There is no need to bump it after every good Rose game.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb

Return to Chicago Bulls