Image ImageImage Image

Trade Derrick Rose

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Tri_N
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Trade Derrick Rose 

Post#41 » by Tri_N » Sun Dec 6, 2009 5:40 am

Listen...

Even if D-Rose jacks up 25-30 shots per game, we would still get blown out. The simple fact is that this team is full of scrubs. We are getting exposed for our lack of talent. It is that simple.

The problem here isnt the luxury tax. The problem is that we are paying scrubs like stars. I am looking at Hinrich and Deng here.

On any other team, Hinrich would be lucky to get 4.5 mil/year. On any other team, Deng would be lucky to get 9-10 mil/year, not 11-12 mil/year.

Sometimes, overpaying players could be very detrimental to team chemistry. For example, a player like Ben Gordon would look at Deng and Hinrich contracts and say that I deserve 12-13 mil/year since I am the the better play. In a sense, he is right.

That is why you need to dump overpaid scrubs as soon as possible.
JackFinn
RealGM
And1: 1,605

Post#42 » by JackFinn » Sun Dec 6, 2009 5:42 am

boogydown wrote:
theanimal23 wrote:I am aboard the bandwagon to trade Rose and anyone else if it can land us a true, elite, franchise player. Rose's passiveness will prevent him from becoming dominant. I wish Rose made the jump Durant has been making year by year.

Durant sucked at the start of last season..............

Untrue. He was really good during the last 2 months of his rookie year and the first month of his sophomore year. Then Carlesimo was fired and he moved from SG to SF and improved from 'really good' to 'totally the awesomest, no lie.'
PMONSTER
Head Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#43 » by PMONSTER » Sun Dec 6, 2009 5:47 am

theanimal23 wrote:
PMONSTER wrote:
theanimal23 wrote:I am aboard the bandwagon to trade Rose and anyone else if it can land us a true, elite, franchise player. Rose's passiveness will prevent him from becoming dominant. I wish Rose made the jump Durant has been making year by year.

So we are going to trade an ultra talented point gaurd, whos biggest problem right now is that he is TOO UNSELFISH, and the fact that he doens't understand just how good he can be? Sometimes I don't even want to be associated with bulls fans. :-?

You're right, it would be a mistake to trade Rose for an elite player, as I stated in my original post.

In case you're wondering who I consider elite:
Kobe
Wade
Bron
D12
CP3
etc

Those caliber players.

So why cant we let a potential superstar develop into just that? C'mon lets get halfway through this year, only his second year by the way, before we start the trade bandwagon.
NBA Playoffs.... I can never wait!
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,142

Post#44 » by CjayC » Sun Dec 6, 2009 5:52 am

Its not so much about Derrick picking up bad habits, as Derrick realizing that he is the most talented player on this team. Realizing that when he slashes to the bucket, maybe he should take it, instead of making an extra pass to a lower percent shot. When we become decent, then he can do the balancing act of PG and scoring, but now we need him
alucryts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,169

Post#45 » by alucryts » Sun Dec 6, 2009 5:57 am

Tsukou wrote:
i_killed_kenny wrote:derrick cant tie his shoes in-game like this

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Jarrett-Jack- ... Blog-33478

I was laughing my butt off when seeing that part play out.

And people say F- Rose are ridiculous. It's his second year in the NBA and he's expected to basically carry the team on his back every quarter. I mean, let's look at Wade, and how he let's the team play and take over in the 4th, Rose doesn't even get the luxury to get to the 4th quarter.

While everyone says Rose should just take over the game, I don't want a PG who just jacks up shots for himself every night to make his own stats look pretty. Like, sure we look around the league and see some PGs getting big numbers, but are they playing smart basketball? I see Jennings just sometimes jack up ridiculous shots, he shouldn't be shooting, and I'd rather have a player not develop bad habits like that. Not saying Rose is completely blameless, but when even the coach seems mentally checked out, how is Rose suppose to bring up the energy every game? I mean the lack of intensity from the team speaks for itself. You can't expect a rookie to carry it all.

I mean, the Toronto game wasn't only one person's fault. The Raptors were basically taking every open look, and making baskets, and as a team that's suppose to be good defensively can't afford to simply trade baskets against a team who's good offensively. It's a losing proposition. No matter how good DRose coulda done in this game offensively, wouldn't have made up for the lack of effort as a whole on the defensive end.

Any haphazard trade because of these last few abysmal games probably won't do anything for us in the long run, and we can't be puttin the blame solely on Rose. I like how we always have to blame someone for losing, when clearly, everyone's to blame.. cept Noah.. who, try as he might, does not currently have the ability to back up his spirit.

im afraid this thread is an incredible over reaction. when things go bad, you generally dont trade your best player..... you are never going to get returns on someone of rose's potential. this team has the same problem as the bears: bad coach. vinny's saving grace is the defense he put together, he no longer has this saving grace.
alucryts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by alucryts » Sun Dec 6, 2009 6:03 am

CjayC wrote:Its not bad habits so much, as Derrick realizing that he is the most talented player on this team. Realizing that when he slashes to the bucket, maybe he should take it, instead of making an extra pass to a lower percent shot. When we become decent, then he can do the balancing act of PG and scoring, but now we need him

derrick is not a shooting guard. If you want him to score, make him a shooting guard. he is doing exactly what point guards do: run the team. derrick has the same problem as jay cutler: there isn't much to run!
Tri_N
Banned User

Post#47 » by Tri_N » Sun Dec 6, 2009 6:07 am

No. The same problem is that everyone else on the team sucks.
alucryts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by alucryts » Sun Dec 6, 2009 6:07 am

Tri_N wrote:Listen...

Even if D-Rose jacks up 25-30 shots per game, we would still get blown out. The simple fact is that this team is full of scrubs. We are getting exposed for our lack of talent. It is that simple.

The problem here isnt the luxury tax. The problem is that we are paying scrubs like stars. I am looking at Hinrich and Deng here.

On any other team, Hinrich would be lucky to get 4.5 mil/year. On any other team, Deng would be lucky to get 9-10 mil/year, not 11-12 mil/year.

Sometimes, overpaying players could be very detrimental to team chemistry. For example, a player like Ben Gordon would look at Deng and Hinrich contracts and say that I deserve 12-13 mil/year since I am the the better play. In a sense, he is right.

That is why you need to dump overpaid scrubs as soon as possible.

yup, and he is a point guard, not a shooting guard.
yup and we all knew this because of how we are gunning for 2010
and our record is going to be bad because of it draft pick!!!! :P
alucryts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by alucryts » Sun Dec 6, 2009 6:10 am

Tri_N wrote:No. The same problem is that everyone else on the team sucks.

i agree
BJ43
Banned User
And1: 33

Post#50 » by BJ43 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 6:36 am

BullSoxChicago'sFinest wrote:Ticket sales? Marketing? Do we really care that the kid is from Chicago? I think it's lame as hell that they introduce him 'and from Chicago!', what is this some podunk town? A lot of people are from Chicago. I just don't see why that would make me say 'hey, I think I'll root for the Bulls now'. Some kid that's a Kobe clone could be from the Middle East for all I care.

That's a pretty ignorant statement, what in your opinion is wrong with being from the Middle East? And before anyone defends him or he defends himself, clearly there's an insinuation that there is something wrong with it....I'm happy to just drop it, but this must be against some kind of board rules? If not I'll be glad to return the favour....
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 123

Post#51 » by Three34 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 6:37 am

I'd still trade Derrick Rose in the right deal. Always would have done. But that doesn't mean you look for it.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#52 » by Red Larrivee » Sun Dec 6, 2009 6:38 am

CjayC wrote:He has no killer instinct.

Brandon Jennings may be tossing up bricks at times, but at least it looks like he WANTS to take over and assert himself

Brandon Jennings is shooting 36% in his last 10 games, while scoring 17.7ppg on 18shots per game.

Wild prediction: If Jennings or Wall was on this team they'd be deemed overly-aggressive and out of control like Tyrus and Nocioni and we'd be pining for someone who's more calm in their approach. In other words, the grass is greener...

And this thread blows.
alucryts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by alucryts » Sun Dec 6, 2009 6:41 am

Red Larrivee wrote:
CjayC wrote:He has no killer instinct.

Brandon Jennings may be tossing up bricks at times, but at least it looks like he WANTS to take over and assert himself

Brandon Jennings is shooting 36% in his last 10 games, while scoring 17.7ppg on 18shots per game.

Wild prediction: If Jennings or Wall was on this team they'd be deemed overly-aggressive and out of control like Tyrus and Nocioni and we'd be pining for someone who's more calm in their approach. In other words, the grass is greener...

And this thread blows.

yup. if the bulls traded derrick for brandon, the bucks would be much better and we would be a horrible team. our already low shooting % would drop MORE

the only people you trade derrick for are the untouchables, which are in fact untouchable in any trade.
t2thadot
Banned User

Post#54 » by t2thadot » Sun Dec 6, 2009 6:49 am

As a Raptor fan, for Rose + Bad contract id give you Calderon and Bargnani.
Slackerr
Sixth Man

Post#55 » by Slackerr » Sun Dec 6, 2009 6:58 am

t2thadot wrote:As a Raptor fan, for Rose + Bad contract id give you Calderon and Bargnani.

Nice try.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,166

Post#56 » by League Circles » Sun Dec 6, 2009 7:02 am

Thanks for all of the feedback guys. I'm slightly taken aback that so many thought I was unhappy with Rose, and that that is why I want to trade him.

I didn't explain myself very well.

It's not about what Rose is or isn't doing for me, it's all about perceived value around the league vs perceived value to me. I want to trade the guys that I think have more value than other GMs think they do. On the Bulls, I think it's pretty obvious Rose must be our most overrated player. That doesn't mean he's not good, or that he won't be a star, or anything like that. It just means on aa simple math level, we'd be best off on the court by trading him.

I think a whole lot of the appeal of Rose is his age, and I kind of want to get away from that line of thinking. I want to get away from the 10 year plan type of thinking with this team. All I want is to watch an entrtaining product that can go to the playoffs every year and be a clear winning team. I think in today;s NBA you want to be thinking about 3 or 4 year plans, not 10. What I mean by that, sort of, is that a 27 year old is just as valuable as an equally good 23 year old, as neither one is likely to be around past their prime anyway, so why pretend like forever is forever.

We suck. Big time. Rose is quite simply our only chance, at this very moment, of getting a great player. Rose is not a great player right now and it's not even close. Yes, he VERY easily could end up being a HOF. But why wait and see if he'll be a HOFer or just a good starter when you could get an all-star for him right now (presumably). People will say it's because he is so young and has so much talent that you want to keep that. Yeah, of course you do, if he actually has that much talent. I'm not sure how much he really has, thoguh. The guy scores 15 a game and is not very good on D (although I'd say improved this year).

I've been watching the Jazz a couple times in the past week and Boozer and Deron are so good it's effing ridiculous how much better they are than Derrick Rose.

Yeah Rose could be great, but he's sure as hell not now, and no one should be surprised if he never gets much better.

I think it's damn clear to me that Rose is not a level one talent. He's just nowhere near aggresive enough. He doesn't PLAY HARD ENOUGH! To all the people who say they hate Tyrus but love Rose - I ask, what's the effing difference?

Well, I can tell you what the difference is - Rose can get you a legit all-star, NOW. In fact, Rose and a piece of **** can probably get you an allstar and another good player. Wait a couple of years and that my not be true anymore.

Disclaimer - I was OK with us trading Brand, and still don't think it was that bad at the time. So that's the kind of guy I am.

Rose is neither very entertaining nor very good. Why plan 10 years around him. How about, since we don't have an elite talent under 25, we don't plan on anyone for 10 years. Let's just get a legit all-star, a couple more pieces and try to make a 3 year run and maybe get to the conference finals or something. It's better than losing games just for some vacant stare kid who scores 15 an effing night.

I mean this when I say it - Rose should be traded for any player who is better than him and under 28 years old.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Juicy Juice
Banned User

Post#57 » by Juicy Juice » Sun Dec 6, 2009 7:09 am

Rose for Rondo.
Tri_N
Banned User

Post#58 » by Tri_N » Sun Dec 6, 2009 7:12 am

If you think that this team can be good with a star, Hinrich, Deng, Noah, and other scrubs, you need a reality check.

If you sub in Carmelo Anthony for D-Rose, we would still suck ass.

I keep stressing that the problem isnt Rose or Vinny. The damn problem is that we dont have enough talent on this team. It is plain and simple. Most of the blame should be channelled at Reinsdorf, Paxson, and our management.

Just watch teams like the Nuggets, Magic, and Celtics. Those teams are loaded with talent. Normally, on those teams, guys like Hinrich would be lucky to be paid 4.0-4.5 mil/year. For some reason, we are paying Hinrich and Deng at the same rate as guys like Vince Carter and Rando. That nonsense does not work.
alucryts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#59 » by alucryts » Sun Dec 6, 2009 7:16 am

t2thadot wrote:As a Raptor fan, for Rose + Bad contract id give you Calderon and Bargnani.

only if you take 2 firsts. we don't wanna rip you off :D
Juicy Juice
Banned User

Post#60 » by Juicy Juice » Sun Dec 6, 2009 7:19 am

ROSE FOR RONDO

Return to Chicago Bulls