Image ImageImage Image

B & B "Rumor": Bosh for Hinrich, Tyrus, pick

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

ozbull
Starter
And1: 150

Re: B & B "Rumor": Bosh for Hinrich, Tyrus, pick 

Post#261 » by ozbull » Thu Jan 7, 2010 10:49 pm

That non-Hinrich dude in the green has a truly effed-up mouth.

Looks like CJ Bruton from Australia

CJ got to a stage where he was trying out for teams in the NBA late in his career after dominating our local dreg leagues.... but was quickly found out.

From the looks of things....he is trying to get a 'handle' on Kirk's ball
Bergy
Pro Prospect
And1: 22

Post#262 » by Bergy » Thu Jan 7, 2010 10:50 pm

Either way, I'm still not sure what any of that has to do with the fact that you claimed he never has won anything important.

He was there, he played, he won.
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Post#263 » by MAQ » Thu Jan 7, 2010 10:51 pm

Bergy wrote:Either way, I'm still not sure what any of that has to do with the fact that you claimed he never has won anything important.

Fine...he's never been a key member of a winning team.

I'm just not sure we should be giving up a top 7, top 2, and another possible top 5 pick for this guy.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,926

Post#264 » by nomorezorro » Thu Jan 7, 2010 10:54 pm

just because you win something doesn't mean you're a winner. luke walton isn't a "winner". on teams where hinrich and tyrus were key cogs with unimpressive supporting casts (a chucker at sg, a fragile sf, chris duhon, etc.), they were typically successful. bosh simply cannot say the same thing.
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
Bergy
Pro Prospect

Post#265 » by Bergy » Thu Jan 7, 2010 10:59 pm

Luke Walton played his role, the lakers won a championship.

He may not have been an impact player. He filled a need, played hard, and contributed. He has a ring because of it.

Sun Yue would have been a better example here, he was not a winner, he just watched.
TheWhitePanther
Rookie
And1: 9

Post#266 » by TheWhitePanther » Thu Jan 7, 2010 10:59 pm

nomorezorro wrote:feasting on international big men isn't exactly a feat. replace bosh with anyone from amare to david west to tyson chandler to, yes, tyrus thomas and the results are the same. the only reason he got as much time as he did?

if anything, the olympics just illustrated how bad bosh's all around game is. he couldn't even outrebound notoriously poor rebounder yi jianlian and small forward andres nocioni -- couldn't even crack the top ten!

speaking of nocioni: he was an all offense no defense player too, but at least he could rebound and HUSTLE. and he was traded for john salmons and brad miller! sure, bosh might be a little better (mainly due to age), but how much more could you realistically expect?

That's an unfair comparison. The guys you named from other international teams averaged anywhere from 28 - 38 minutes per game in the olympics and Bosh played just 17 minutes per game. Of course he's not going to lead the games in rebounding.
Bergy
Pro Prospect

Post#267 » by Bergy » Thu Jan 7, 2010 11:02 pm

Howard isn't on that list either, but I didn't really want to type about that whole mess.

I don't care if we get Bosh, I would rather have Amare.
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 123

Post#268 » by Three34 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 11:05 pm

TheWhitePanther wrote:That's an unfair comparison. The guys you named from other international teams averaged anywhere from 28 - 38 minutes per game in the olympics and Bosh played just 17 minutes per game. Of course he's not going to lead the games in rebounding.

When Kirk played for Team USA, he averaged 19.4 minutes. Why is it that Kirk can play more minutes for the USA than Bosh can?
WAYSA
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#269 » by WAYSA » Thu Jan 7, 2010 11:07 pm

MAQ wrote:
nomorezorro wrote:
Bergy wrote:dance around the olympic gold medal, maybe.

you don't think tyrus and hinrich could have won the gold medal playing next to kobe / wade / lebron, etc? it's no surprise that bosh made the roster given who was selecting it, but you can't give him credit for having a good connection & riding on the coattails of others. get serious.

Had Kirk decided to stick it out, he could have been just as, if not more important than Bosh. He would have came in very handy during the championship game when the Spanish guards were going off. Not to mention having another shooter out on the floor for Kobe/Wade/James when they penetrated off the dribble and the D collapsed.

A 36% shooter?
-Illmatic-
Head Coach
And1: 97

Post#270 » by -Illmatic- » Thu Jan 7, 2010 11:08 pm

The Evidence
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,621

Post#271 » by The Evidence » Thu Jan 7, 2010 11:09 pm

MAQ wrote:
Bergy wrote:Either way, I'm still not sure what any of that has to do with the fact that you claimed he never has won anything important.

I'm just not sure we should be giving up a top 7, top 2, and another possible top 5 pick for this guy.

Seriously. I was mortified when we gave up on our top 4th and top 8th picks from the 2000 draft. We definetly can't do it now.
tenritsu
Starter
And1: 44

Post#272 » by tenritsu » Thu Jan 7, 2010 11:09 pm

gocubs526 wrote:http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors#13717

any insiders able to read this?

I'm guessing ESPN just heard what BB said and ran a story on it. probably nothing new
DuckIII wrote:Its getting hard to not be hard.

Awww yea.
-Illmatic-
Head Coach

Post#273 » by -Illmatic- » Thu Jan 7, 2010 11:11 pm

nomorezorro wrote:just because you win something doesn't mean you're a winner. luke walton isn't a "winner". on teams where hinrich and tyrus were key cogs with unimpressive supporting casts (a chucker at sg, a fragile sf, chris duhon, etc.), they were typically successful. bosh simply cannot say the same thing.

Just stop. Ben Gordon and Luol Deng are much better than TT ever was and probably ever be.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,926

Post#274 » by nomorezorro » Thu Jan 7, 2010 11:15 pm

Bosh in play for Chicago?

According to Boers and Bernstein, an afternoon radio program on 670 The Score in Chicago, a trade shipping Chris Bosh to the Bulls for Kirk Hinrich, Tyrus Thomas and at least a draft pick is "something that is out there as a possibility."

This would obviously be a huge coup for Toronto. With Thomas and Andrea Bargnani in the frontcourt, the team becomes an all around force, as Thomas's gamechanging defensive ability nicely complements Bargnani's offensive prowess. Hinrich will make an anemic defense better, and the Raptors' offensive efficiency -- which is a solid 5th in the league right now -- likely gets a boost as well.
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
EastBayFJ
Head Coach
And1: 295

Post#275 » by EastBayFJ » Thu Jan 7, 2010 11:18 pm

Sham

How would you rate Derrick Rose against Rajon Rondo, Russell Westbrook, Devin Harris, Tyreke Evans and Brandon Jennings ?
"GarPax played Grab Ass with Mirotic for 5 years and been in Omaha playing Hide the Salami with Doug McBuckets for the 1.5 years and they've developed feelings for him. Well, I say "F feelings and F loyalty!" I want CHIPS! Jerry Krizause
EastBayFJ
Head Coach
And1: 295

Post#276 » by EastBayFJ » Thu Jan 7, 2010 11:19 pm

ESPN "Insider" should just cut to the chase with their name change to "Outsider"
"GarPax played Grab Ass with Mirotic for 5 years and been in Omaha playing Hide the Salami with Doug McBuckets for the 1.5 years and they've developed feelings for him. Well, I say "F feelings and F loyalty!" I want CHIPS! Jerry Krizause
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,223

Post#277 » by AirP. » Thu Jan 7, 2010 11:24 pm

MAQ wrote:

Yes.. I remember the same argument for Pau Gasol even though with a decent team around him he was winning nearly 50 games a year in Memphis. A trade later and he's a key player to a Championship team.

KG didn't exactly carry his team to a championship... it took adding a couple of vets in Cassell and Spreewell to get him enough help to even make noise in the playoffs. A trade later and he's a key player to a Championship team.

Kobe sure didn't carry his team to anything after Shaq left and only till Gasol was added to the roster did they start being coming a force, so unless for some reason you think Kobe became less of a player(even though he scored even more), I'm not so sure the argument that he wasn't part of a winning team really holds that much water, Bosh has never had a strong team around him.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,223

Post#278 » by AirP. » Thu Jan 7, 2010 11:28 pm

nomorezorro wrote:Bosh in play for Chicago?

According to Boers and Bernstein, an afternoon radio program on 670 The Score in Chicago, a trade shipping Chris Bosh to the Bulls for Kirk Hinrich, Tyrus Thomas and at least a draft pick is "something that is out there as a possibility."

This would obviously be a huge coup for Toronto. With Thomas and Andrea Bargnani in the frontcourt, the team becomes an all around force, as Thomas's gamechanging defensive ability nicely complements Bargnani's offensive prowess. Hinrich will make an anemic defense better, and the Raptors' offensive efficiency -- which is a solid 5th in the league right now -- likely gets a boost as well.

Toronto's offensive efficiency gets better minus Bosh and adding Hinrich and Tyrus? Um... NO, it gets worse BUT their defense gets much better and gives them enough depth to trade Calderon for another big to complement their roster. Calderon's solid on offense, horrible on defense... Calderon could be a difference maker with New York, Golden State or really any team that emphasizes offense over defense.
Grand Champ
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#279 » by Grand Champ » Thu Jan 7, 2010 11:39 pm

MAQ wrote:Image

Wow Kirk actually looks in shape in that picture.... wtf happened to him

-Illmatic-
Head Coach

Post#280 » by -Illmatic- » Thu Jan 7, 2010 11:40 pm

EastBayFJ wrote:Sham

How would you rate Derrick Rose against Rajon Rondo, Russell Westbrook, Devin Harris, Tyreke Evans and Brandon Jennings ?

I know you didn't ask me but I'm just gonna answer for fun

Now
1.Rondo
2.Rose
3.Evans
4.Harris
5.Jennings
6.Westbrook

Future
1a.Rose
1b.Evans
3.Rondo