Image ImageImage Image

B & B "Rumor": Bosh for Hinrich, Tyrus, pick

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Re: B & B "Rumor": Bosh for Hinrich, Tyrus, pick 

Post#341 » by dagger » Fri Jan 8, 2010 7:00 pm

I find all these assumptions about Bosh to be amusing.

He says he's a private person who doesn't crave the night life - Miami fans still assume he'll come for South Beach

He says he loves being The Man on his team - Miami and Chicago fans see him as a second banana to a scoring machine like Wade or Rose

He says he loves Toronto - US fans assume he can't possibly...

US taxes are lower, but they are about to rise big time for millionaires. See Obamacare. So thegap is about to narrow, and Bosh has his own corporation called (revealing, MAX DEAL Technologies), which is incorporated in Canada where corporate taxes are MUCH lower than anywhere in the States.

Besides, new contracts for NBA players are structured so that they are taxes principally in the home state. So Bosh doesn't pay much more tax than he would if he were playing for, and living in, Dallas.

I can go on and on.

But for all you dreamers, keep this in mind. The Raptors would be better off, yes, better off, letting Bosh walk for NOTHING or dealing him for a first rounder in a sign and trade than doing this stupid rumored trade. By letting Bosh walk or getting a team to take bad contracts with Bosh in a sign and trade, the Raptors would have cap space - potentially $10-12 million if Reggie Evans was tossed in. We don't need Tyrus Thomas. We actually prefer keeping Amir Johnson for less money. And we don't need Kirk Hinrich - we have lots of decent backcourt players. All Hinrich would be is $9 million in deadweight, non-expiring contract. So he's a negative value, somewhat hard to trade.

The only thing of value would be a first round draft pick but the Bulls won't be bad enough at the trade deadline for that to be a surefire top 7 or 8 pick. The Raptors can surely squeeze a first rounder out of a team this summer in a sign and trade.

So EPIC FAIl.

Furthermore, knowing all of this, why would the Raptors even bother giving up a playoff run, however brief, and all the money that represents, to get lousy assets in a deadline trade. You can rest assured that if the Raptors do a deadline deal for Bosh, it will have to be attractive, at least to the point of creating significant cap space ands bringing in one interesting player.

I'd venture to say that that deal would have to include expiring contracts, take on Reggie Evans and Marcus Banks (for a total of $27-28 million going out), and also give the Raptors two first round draft picks. So Brad Miller and Jerome James would be more likely to be part of such a trade than Kirk Hinrich.

Waiting to the summer is a better option than doing a crap deal like Hinrich+Thomas+pick. That's why it's a joke.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Seccci
Bench Warmer
And1: 156

Post#342 » by Seccci » Fri Jan 8, 2010 7:26 pm

dagger wrote:I find all these assumptions about Bosh to be amusing.

He says he's a private person who doesn't crave the night life - Miami fans still assume he'll come for South Beach

He says he loves being The Man on his team - Miami and Chicago fans see him as a second banana to a scoring machine like Wade or Rose

US taxes are lower, but they are about to rise big time for millionaires. See Obamacare. So thegap is about to narrow, and Bosh has his own corporation called (revealing, MAX DEAL Technologies), which is incorporated in Canada where corporate taxes are MUCH lower than anywhere in the States.

Besides, new contracts for NBA players are structured so that they are taxes principally in the home state. So Bosh doesn't pay much more tax than he would if he were playing for, and living in, Dallas.

I can go on and on.

But for all you dreamers, keep this in mind. The Raptors would be better off, yes, better off, letting Bosh walk for NOTHING or dealing him for a first rounder in a sign and trade than doing this stupid rumored trade. By letting Bosh walk or getting a team to take bad contracts with Bosh in a sign and trade, the Raptors would have cap space - potentially $10-12 million if Reggie Evans was tossed in. We don't need Tyrus Thomas. We actually prefer keeping Amir Johnson for less money. And we don't need Kirk Hinrich - we have lots of decent backcourt players. All Hinrich would be is $9 million in deadweight, non-expiring contract. So he's a negative value, somewhat hard to trade.

The only thing of value would be a first round draft pick but the Bulls won't be bad enough at the trade deadline for that to be a surefire top 7 or 8 pick. The Raptors can surely squeeze a first rounder out of a team this summer in a sign and trade.

So EPIC FAIl.

Furthermore, knowing all of this, why would the Raptors even bother giving up a playoff run, however brief, and all the money that represents, to get lousy assets in a deadline trade. You can rest assured that if the Raptors do a deadline deal for Bosh, it will have to be attractive, at least to the point of creating significant cap space ands bringing in one interesting player.

I'd venture to say that that deal would have to include expiring contracts, take on Reggie Evans and Marcus Banks (for a total of $27-28 million going out), and also give the Raptors two first round draft picks. So Brad Miller and Jerome James would be more likely to be part of such a trade than Kirk Hinrich.

Waiting to the summer is a better option than doing a crap deal like Hinrich+Thomas+pick. That's why it's a joke.

All good points, especially those regarding this special trade, taxes, playoff money this year- that's why i doubt he will be dealt this season, raptors won't get anything of value{ or what they will feel is valuable}, but still you seem to forget, that there are no teams with significant capsapce right now{ not even OKC now} so any trade has to have salaries matched within certain amount{ i'm not cap guru}- so your options are expirings or crap contracts and maybe MAYBE a pick since Bosh is an expiring as well and there's no guarantee he will resign with team he is traded to- that's why any offer will future crap contract or expiring ones and probably a pick.
Again you fail to realize as probably most raptor fans, that why should any team offer you anything of value for bosh, when they can sign him without giving up anything next summer? And without him, even with 10-12mil capsapce as you posted, your team will simply suck since you're .500 team with him playing like superstar this year{ except in case of bargnani or derozan rising to stardom which is certainly improbable}. So the raptors either sign him, in which case their looking as a 2nd round exit team at best, or really horrible team with limited options to get better since turks signing and bargnanis contract extention.
But i understand that this package is looking like a joke to you, raptor fans. Still i wouldn't be so confident about raptors future without BOSH next summer being a raptor fan, which is possible even if you don't like it.

courtesy of Turbo_zone
chadrucf
RealGM
And1: 5,015

Post#343 » by chadrucf » Fri Jan 8, 2010 7:34 pm

Grand Champ wrote:
chadrucf wrote:
Sever82 wrote:
I think there's zero chance Bosh stays in my opinion. Not saying he's going to the bulls or being a homer but I feel Bosh wants to start off fresh and also wants to go to a big market where he gets recognition.

Toronto is just as big a city as Chicago. Perhaps Chicago is a larger media city, or perhaps we just don't have any idea because they certainly don't advertise to a US consumer. I think the size and fanaticism of the Toronto board speaks for itself here. Bosh is a huge star in Canada. If Bosh wants to be a US star, I don't think that Toronto can provide that, but he's arguably a bigger star there than be would be in a US city.

Canadian Taxes suck (not that Chicago taxes don't suck horribly either) but Chicago is about 50% larger population wise... The dude was born in Texas, do you really think he gives a **** about being mr. Canadian basketball? I doubt it. I mean Steve Nash is from Canada and doesn't seem to care

The most recent census I could find was for 2006 figures. It had Toronto at about 2.56 million and Chicago at about 2.85 million. Not much of a difference there. But your other points still stand. Thats the question, I guess: does Bosh care about being "Mr Canadian Basketball", or would he rather be "Mr One of the Ten Best US Basketball Players"?
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,086

Post#344 » by AirP. » Fri Jan 8, 2010 7:48 pm

dagger wrote:I find all these assumptions about Bosh to be amusing.

I can go on and on.

So EPIC FAIl.

No... an Epic Fail would be seeing a team lose it's top scorer for nothing like Chicago just did with Ben Gordon. If Toronto loses Bosh for nothing... that franchise will take a HUGE step backwards, toss in the sizable contract of Turk and the Matador(Calderon) and it's going to be tough to reshape that franchise. It could be done in small steps, but they'll have some hard contracts to move to do it.

BTW... what great package did Toronto get out of McGrady... or V.Carter? When you have a star about to walk, you have to get what you can and the longer you wait... the less you get.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#345 » by dagger » Fri Jan 8, 2010 8:15 pm

Seccci wrote:
All good points, especially those regarding this special trade, taxes, playoff money this year- that's why i doubt he will be dealt this season, raptors won't get anything of value{ or what they will feel is valuable}, but still you seem to forget, that there are no teams with significant capsapce right now{ not even OKC now} so any trade has to have salaries matched within certain amount{ i'm not cap guru}- so your options are expirings or crap contracts and maybe MAYBE a pick since Bosh is an expiring as well and there's no guarantee he will resign with team he is traded to- that's why any offer will future crap contract or expiring ones and probably a pick.
Again you fail to realize as probably most raptor fans, that why should any team offer you anything of value for bosh, when they can sign him without giving up anything next summer? And without him, even with 10-12mil capsapce as you posted, your team will simply suck since you're .500 team with him playing like superstar this year{ except in case of bargnani or derozan rising to stardom which is certainly improbable}. So the raptors either sign him, in which case their looking as a 2nd round exit team at best, or really horrible team with limited options to get better since turks signing and bargnanis contract extention.
But i understand that this package is looking like a joke to you, raptor fans. Still i wouldn't be so confident about raptors future without BOSH next summer being a raptor fan, which is possible even if you don't like it.

Yes, we might end up sucking without Bosh, but that would be the case either way so why do a bad deadline deal?

Why would we need Hinrich or Thomas? There are better crap deals out there - see today's ESPN speculation about Houston.

Given a choice about being crap with cap space and crap without, I'd rather be crap with flexibility any time, because cap space can be used to sign replacement players, or it can be used to broker trades. Maybe, after dealing Bosh for cap space and picks (say, to Miami) we use that cap space to help NY open up more cap space by taking on Jared Jeffries, possibly by getting somebody like Wilson Chandler in a package?

You simply can't make the argument that the Bulls deal is worth taking. It's not.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,808

Post#346 » by dougthonus » Fri Jan 8, 2010 8:31 pm

dagger wrote:You simply can't make the argument that the Bulls deal is worth taking. It's not.

And very few people are. Look at the thread, and hte majority of Bulls fans find the trade laughable for the Raptors.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#347 » by Shootdabull » Fri Jan 8, 2010 8:36 pm

chadrucf wrote:The most recent census I could find was for 2006 figures. It had Toronto at about 2.56 million and Chicago at about 2.85 million. Not much of a difference there. But your other points still stand. Thats the question, I guess: does Bosh care about being "Mr Canadian Basketball", or would he rather be "Mr One of the Ten Best US Basketball Players"?

If you look at the metro area Chicago is bigger - 2006 toronto = 5.6M, 2007 Chicago = 9.2M (msa) or 9.8M (csa). I don't really know what Bosh cares about, but as a fan I would like to see him with the Bulls. I think he has put the raps in tough spot. After all the years of us hoping to land a decent big man I don't really put any stock in these rumors but it fun to think about inserting Bosh in the starting line up.
Seccci
Bench Warmer
And1: 156

Post#348 » by Seccci » Fri Jan 8, 2010 9:17 pm

dagger wrote:
Seccci wrote:

Yes, we might end up sucking without Bosh, but that would be the case either way so why do a bad deadline deal?

Why would we need Hinrich or Thomas? There are better crap deals out there - see today's ESPN speculation about Houston.

Given a choice about being crap with cap space and crap without, I'd rather be crap with flexibility any time, because cap space can be used to sign replacement players, or it can be used to broker trades. Maybe, after dealing Bosh for cap space and picks (say, to Miami) we use that cap space to help NY open up more cap space by taking on Jared Jeffries, possibly by getting somebody like Wilson Chandler in a package?

You simply can't make the argument that the Bulls deal is worth taking. It's not.

I don't think that i said somewhere in my previous post, that deal is gold for Raptors. I actually think there are some other deals they might look at, but i don't think it's a bad thing that Bulls are trying to pray Bosh away from and throwing trade ideas your way including some picks, young talent and veteran PG, though they hold little value in raptor fans minds.

courtesy of Turbo_zone
chadrucf
RealGM
And1: 5,015

Post#349 » by chadrucf » Fri Jan 8, 2010 9:29 pm

Shootdabull wrote:
chadrucf wrote:The most recent census I could find was for 2006 figures. It had Toronto at about 2.56 million and Chicago at about 2.85 million. Not much of a difference there. But your other points still stand. Thats the question, I guess: does Bosh care about being "Mr Canadian Basketball", or would he rather be "Mr One of the Ten Best US Basketball Players"?

If you look at the metro area Chicago is bigger - 2006 toronto = 5.6M, 2007 Chicago = 9.2M (msa) or 9.8M (csa). I don't really know what Bosh cares about, but as a fan I would like to see him with the Bulls. I think he has put the raps in tough spot. After all the years of us hoping to land a decent big man I don't really put any stock in these rumors but it fun to think about inserting Bosh in the starting line up.

Yea the metro areas can't compete. But the metro areas include places like West Chicago, which are really nowhere near the city. But whatever, it's a moot point. I think we can both agree we want him in a Bulls uniform, and it is a likely destination if he wants out of Toronto.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#350 » by kyrv » Fri Jan 8, 2010 9:37 pm

Fyi, in discussing McCaskey today, which by the way issue number 3483483 they were wrong about and hung up on correct listeners - anyway - B and B both forgot today that they had pretend inside Bear sources. Oops.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#351 » by kyrv » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:17 pm

No pretend updates from the pretend source about the fake trade.

They said it was percolating. No, never was.
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#352 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:19 pm

I think it has been shown that this was fake - and it's time to lock
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb

Return to Chicago Bulls