Image ImageImage Image

B & B "Rumor": Bosh for Hinrich, Tyrus, pick

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Re: B & B Rumor: Bosh for Hinrich, Tyrus, pick 

Post#41 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Thu Jan 7, 2010 12:48 am

Bernstein is a douche.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
Kyben36
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#42 » by Kyben36 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 12:49 am

Bullsfan87 wrote:God I hope this doesnt get posted outside of this board..

It will, some dumb bulls fan has probably already posted it in the NBA forum and Raptors fans have united a full force atack on Chicago.
Bullsfan87
Senior

Post#43 » by Bullsfan87 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 12:50 am

babythug23 wrote:Ha i keep going to the Tor board waiting from someone here to post it ha.Jordanbulls dude must not have saw it

He'll probably suggest a 3 way deal with us getting either Vince Carter or Tmac as well.
sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#44 » by sdeezy » Thu Jan 7, 2010 12:50 am

Shinky wrote:
Mapelgleaf wrote:And if that mystery big man is Noah??

Then no deal. Sorry, but I am not giving up Noah for anyone not named Kobe or LeBron. I think that Noah is going to be kicking NBA ass for a long, long time. We trade him, we take steps back, IMO.

I love Noah as much as anyone but i swear to god, his value gets waaay overrated sometimes
montestewart wrote:Blatche and McGee standing next to Boozer and Thomas reminded me of first-time offenders meeting real cons in a "scared straight" program.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#45 » by kyrv » Thu Jan 7, 2010 12:50 am

Kyben36 wrote:
Bullsfan87 wrote:God I hope this doesnt get posted outside of this board..

It will, some dumb bulls fan has probably already posted it in the NBA forum and Raptors fans have united a full force atack on Chicago.

We should give them the B+B email so they can let them know what they think of this made up rumor.

And I'd probably agree with most of what they wrote.
Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Re: B & B "Rumor": Bosh for Hinrich, Tyrus, pick 

Post#46 » by Jordan45822 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 12:51 am

Sure its not Boozer? That I could believe not this
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#47 » by theanimal23 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 12:53 am

For the record -- if the deal was

Chicago Receiving:
Bosh
O'Bryant
Weems
$17,371,521

Toronto Receiving:
Hinrich
Tyrus
Noah
$16,699,278

I would do the deal. At this point, I do not view Tyrus as much of an asset due to his future being limited to the next 5 months as a Bull.

Hinrich and Noah for Bosh is robbing a bank like the Joker in The Dark Knight.

The next step is to clear all cap space and keep Rose, Bosh, and Deng. In the offseason go and sign any Max Caliber FA. At this point, not only Wade, but I see LeBron being attainable. Yes. There will not be a better nucleus he can come to in his career for the long-term (Dynasty Building purposes) than that core. You worry about the rest of the roster later. And we will get solid role players for the Vet Min as Boston has. Add our big man later.
Shinky
RealGM

Post#48 » by Shinky » Thu Jan 7, 2010 12:55 am

I love Noah as much as anyone but i swear to god, his value gets waaay overrated sometimes

No he's not. This kid seems to progress nearly every game. You notice how now he looks like he's actually got offensive moves? Just a few months ago, he looked like he had two left feet. Now? He looks 5 times smoother.

And anyone that has the ability to haul down 20+ rebounds in a single game, is in no way shape or form, "overrated".
Shinky
RealGM

Post#49 » by Shinky » Thu Jan 7, 2010 12:58 am

I'd also like to point out that while B+B are not well liked around here, they rarely ever throw things like this out there without a source. And that source is probably a Bulls beat writer.
ChandFan
Rookie
And1: 20

Post#50 » by ChandFan » Thu Jan 7, 2010 12:58 am

I have no idea about this rumor, but Bernstein usually hates talking about rumors and usually dismisses them. So if he's talking about it, then there might be something behind it. Doesn't mean it will happen, but if Bernstein actually gives it airtime, it's not total BS.

I know B&B aren't popular around here, and at least Boers admits he doesn't know squat about the NBA.
red222
RealGM
And1: 2,293

Post#51 » by red222 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:00 am

ChandFan wrote:I have no idea about this rumor, but Bernstein usually hates talking about rumors and usually dismisses them. So if he's talking about it, then there might be something behind it. Doesn't mean it will happen, but if Bernstein actually gives it airtime, it's not total BS.

I know B&B aren't popular around here, and at least Boers admits he doesn't know squat about the NBA.

thats king mustard belt dan mcneil
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,307

Post#52 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:00 am

Shinky wrote:
Mapelgleaf wrote:And if that mystery big man is Noah??

Then no deal. Sorry, but I am not giving up Noah for anyone not named Kobe or LeBron. I think that Noah is going to be kicking NBA ass for a long, long time. We trade him, we take steps back, IMO.

:lol:

"Sorry Orlando, we like Noah better than Dwight"

"Sorry Thunder, we like Noah better thand Durant"

*Rinse and repeat with around 25-50 players.*
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#53 » by sdeezy » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:01 am

Shinky wrote:

No he's not. This kid seems to progress nearly every game. You notice how now he looks like he's actually got offensive moves? Just a few months ago, he looked like he had two left feet. Now? He looks 5 times smoother.

And anyone that has the ability to haul down 20+ rebounds in a single game, is in no way shape or form, "overrated".

Thats all really good and nice. Noah is an excellent role player, Chris Bosh is an offensive powerhouse. Right now, we need the latter far more than we need the former
montestewart wrote:Blatche and McGee standing next to Boozer and Thomas reminded me of first-time offenders meeting real cons in a "scared straight" program.
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#54 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:07 am

I really thought it over - and i must go with my gut feeling.

My gut feeling is that this is total speculation on the part of a talk show host - probably just to create something to talk about.

There is no independent source. Many people who have posted here doubt the story.

This kind of thread is a troll magnet - and we have no proof that there is any legitimacy to the "rumor".

I dont want irate Toronto fans coming here & saying we are delusional in our trade ideas. That's all this seems to be - one person's idea.

I think this thread should be locked - but I'll keep it open for now. If we start getting spammed by Toronto fans - who dont have any thread on this yet - I'll lock.

The Toronto Board has EXCELLENT sources - and they have nothing on this 'rumor"
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
babythug23
Veteran
And1: 9

Post#55 » by babythug23 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:17 am

LOCKED OR UNLOCKED?
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#56 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:20 am

babythug23 wrote:LOCKED OR UNLOCKED?

I thought it over & unlocked it.

It is a troll magnet but people here seem to want to talk about this & I shouldnt lock it out of worry of being spammed.

Better to get trolled & than we have a reason to lock :lol:
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,227

Post#57 » by HomoSapien » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:21 am

Yeah good call. It gives us something to talk about on an off day.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Shinky
RealGM

Post#58 » by Shinky » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:22 am

Thats all really good and nice. Noah is an excellent role player, Chris Bosh is an offensive powerhouse. Right now, we need the latter far more than we need the former

And if we made that trade and included Noah, we'd be hurting for rebounding and defense.

I think Noah is going to be a very special player, and I simply have a hard time giving up on him. And I was on his case his first season too. I was not happy with him at all, people here could probably testify to that. Since then, the kid seems to have gotten it. And I have not seen such improvement from a player in such a short time, as I have with Noah.
davhern
Assistant Coach
And1: 245

Post#59 » by davhern » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:22 am

FWIW, I would've PMed a mod to complain instead of posting a thread if I had any idea how to PM on here. I know those kinds of threads clutter up the forum.
Juicy Juice
Banned User

Post#60 » by Juicy Juice » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:23 am

I don't know if any of you have caught on, but why does OP always copy threads and posts from the Bulls forum at PSD and post them here? I'm pretty sure he does the same over there with our posts. Just seems odd...why not make your own posts?

Return to Chicago Bulls