Image ImageImage Image

B & B "Rumor": Bosh for Hinrich, Tyrus, pick

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

babythug23
Veteran
And1: 9

Re: B & B "Rumor": Bosh for Hinrich, Tyrus, pick 

Post#61 » by babythug23 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:23 am

Even if its not true its something to talk about. Nothing us going on tonite.
j-smooth
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Re: B & B Rumor: Bosh for Hinrich, Tyrus, pick 

Post#62 » by j-smooth » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:25 am

Now that's the kicker. Woulda could shoulda add Noah in a package for Bosh????
Via iPhone (sorry if there are misspelled words or grammatical errors)
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,226

Post#63 » by HomoSapien » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:25 am

Shinky wrote:
Thats all really good and nice. Noah is an excellent role player, Chris Bosh is an offensive powerhouse. Right now, we need the latter far more than we need the former

And if we made that trade and included Noah, we'd be hurting for rebounding and defense.

I think Noah is going to be a very special player, and I simply have a hard time giving up on him. And I was on his case his first season too. I was not happy with him at all, people here could probably testify to that. Since then, the kid seems to have gotten it. And I have not seen such improvement from a player in such a short time, as I have with Noah.

That's great, but Bosh is a franchise player and Noah isn't. This is almost like picking Marcus Camby over Chris Webber.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#64 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:26 am

davhern wrote:FWIW, I would've PMed a mod to complain instead of posting a thread if I had any idea how to PM on here. I know those kinds of threads clutter up the forum.

You cant PM us - but you can use the e-mail address (see "Contact the Mods")
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 123

Post#65 » by Three34 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:27 am

Noah is the best player in the world, but you still trade for Bosh. You try not to have to, but when it emerges that you do have to, you relent and start hunting for his replacement.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,362

Post#66 » by coldfish » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:28 am

To the best of my knowledge, Bosh can't get a 6 year deal until he opts out next summer. Because of that, you would be trading for a 4 month rental of Bosh and his bird rights. He very well may decided that he likes Miami better than Chicago, in which case, you just gave up your assets for nothing. I would pull the trigger with Hinrich + Tyrus + Pick + filler even with that situation. Noah . . . not so much.

the animal23 wrote:The next step is to clear all cap space and keep Rose, Bosh, and Deng. In the offseason go and sign any Max Caliber FA. At this point, not only Wade, but I see LeBron being attainable. Yes. There will not be a better nucleus he can come to in his career for the long-term (Dynasty Building purposes) than that core. You worry about the rest of the roster later. And we will get solid role players for the Vet Min as Boston has. Add our big man later.

That would be very, very difficult. Bosh + Noah + Rose make $34M by themselves. When you add in roster slots, you can't even afford a max free agent with those 3 alone, let alone other picks and players.
babythug23
Veteran

Post#67 » by babythug23 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:34 am

Oh no the word is out on the Raps board ha
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#68 » by theanimal23 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:37 am

coldfish wrote:To the best of my knowledge, Bosh can't get a 6 year deal until he opts out next summer. Because of that, you would be trading for a 4 month rental of Bosh and his bird rights. He very well may decided that he likes Miami better than Chicago, in which case, you just gave up your assets for nothing. I would pull the trigger with Hinrich + Tyrus + Pick + filler even with that situation. Noah . . . not so much.

the animal23 wrote:The next step is to clear all cap space and keep Rose, Bosh, and Deng. In the offseason go and sign any Max Caliber FA. At this point, not only Wade, but I see LeBron being attainable. Yes. There will not be a better nucleus he can come to in his career for the long-term (Dynasty Building purposes) than that core. You worry about the rest of the roster later. And we will get solid role players for the Vet Min as Boston has. Add our big man later.

That would be very, very difficult. Bosh + Noah + Rose make $34M by themselves. When you add in roster slots, you can't even afford a max free agent with those 3 alone, let alone other picks and players.

Can Bosh get a 5 year extension now? I'm sure there is more of a benefit from opting out and resigning for 6 years than being extended now for 5 years. Otherwise perhaps all these guys would have done the extension by now. That said, if it was more beneficial financially for him to opt-out, than yes, I would not include Noah nor Rose in any deal. That said, I did calculate the numbers in a thread I started last week re: trading both Hinrich and Salmons, and if we have a core of Rose, Noah, Deng (along with JJ and Taj) -- we can sign two max FAs at a deal *just* under the Max. The thread was called 2010/something Hinrich/Salmons. I have included salary numbers in that thread too. I think for our best chance to win, we must structure our core to be Rose, Noah, and either Deng or whomever we may land at the deadline.
The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

Post#69 » by The Force. » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:42 am

lol
red222
RealGM
And1: 2,293

Post#70 » by red222 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:46 am

Juicy Juice wrote:I don't know if any of you have caught on, but why does OP always copy threads and posts from the Bulls forum at PSD and post them here? I'm pretty sure he does the same over there with our posts. Just seems odd...why not make your own posts?

because its easier that way :lol:
sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#71 » by sdeezy » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:50 am

babythug23 wrote:Oh no the word is out on the Raps board ha

montestewart wrote:Blatche and McGee standing next to Boozer and Thomas reminded me of first-time offenders meeting real cons in a "scared straight" program.
Grand Champ
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#72 » by Grand Champ » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:50 am

B&B suck, they were the lameos that were like "kobe is a done deal" and all that crap. nobody listens to their stupid jackass show so they have to make up news ESPN style to get people to listen to them.
Ajosu
Head Coach
And1: 103

Post#73 » by Ajosu » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:50 am

The question is does having Bosh for the remainder of this season increase our chances of resigning him in the summer? Losing Noah in this "rumored" trade really creates another big hole for us this year. Without Noah/Tyrus, do we really start Taj all year next to Bosh? If that's the case, I wonder if he'll be any more inclined to sresign with us than he would if he finished the year in Toronto.
Mattchoo
Rookie
And1: 107

Post#74 » by Mattchoo » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:52 am

theanimal23 wrote:
coldfish wrote:To the best of my knowledge, Bosh can't get a 6 year deal until he opts out next summer. Because of that, you would be trading for a 4 month rental of Bosh and his bird rights. He very well may decided that he likes Miami better than Chicago, in which case, you just gave up your assets for nothing. I would pull the trigger with Hinrich + Tyrus + Pick + filler even with that situation. Noah . . . not so much.

Can Bosh get a 5 year extension now? I'm sure there is more of a benefit from opting out and resigning for 6 years than being extended now for 5 years. Otherwise perhaps all these guys would have done the extension by now. That said, if it was more beneficial financially for him to opt-out, than yes, I would not include Noah nor Rose in any deal. That said, I did calculate the numbers in a thread I started last week re: trading both Hinrich and Salmons, and if we have a core of Rose, Noah, Deng (along with JJ and Taj) -- we can sign two max FAs at a deal *just* under the Max. The thread was called 2010/something Hinrich/Salmons. I have included salary numbers in that thread too. I think for our best chance to win, we must structure our core to be Rose, Noah, and either Deng or whomever we may land at the deadline.

I don't remember the exact wording of the CBA, but I thought that it was the other way around. Isn't it more of a incentive to sign with your current team, or at least be part of a S&T with the bird rights. I thought I read that players like Wade, Lebron, and Bosh will lose something like $20M if they sign with another team not retaining their bird rights, but they would be able to sign an extension after that deal sooner.
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,321

Post#75 » by JordansBulls » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:53 am

red222 wrote:May include more going to Toronto... They didn't name a source, but implied it's got something behind it.

Discuss.

What is B and B?
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#76 » by theanimal23 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:54 am

Mattchoo, what I meant was -- do these players make more by either signing an extension now (if possible), or opting out and signing a new contract?

Audio:
http://www.670thescore.com/episode_down ... Id=4297647
31:55 minutes
red222
RealGM

Post#77 » by red222 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:54 am

JordansBulls wrote:
red222 wrote:May include more going to Toronto... They didn't name a source, but implied it's got something behind it.

Discuss.

What is B and B?

Boers and Bernstein a sports radio show
babythug23
Veteran

Post#78 » by babythug23 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:57 am

They said Bulls should sign Sam Mitchel if they got Bosh haha. Also Bosh would bring Wade in. They added alot of there ideas after they told the rumor deal
red222
RealGM

Post#79 » by red222 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 2:00 am

I post these rumors from PSD so I apologize for copying I just want to post good news so I am sorry if I offended anyone by doing this
babythug23
Veteran

Post#80 » by babythug23 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 2:03 am

red222 wrote:I post these rumors from PSD so I apologize for copying I just want to post good news so I am sorry if I offended anyone by doing this
I don't think you did. You didn't start the rumor B&B DID

Return to Chicago Bulls