Image ImageImage Image

Rumor I heard about a Bulls-Magic trade

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Re: Rumor I heard about a Bulls-Magic trade 

Post#21 » by boogydown » Tue Feb 2, 2010 10:39 am

t-time wrote:I'd do this in a heartbeat. I'd also throw in James Johnson if Orlando are prepared to give us their draft pick / couple of second rounders..

Agreed.

However, we could use James Johnson in other trades in the future as well.

Either way, JJ coming off the bench for this team would be a solid thing regardless if we trade Hinrich.
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#22 » by jax98 » Tue Feb 2, 2010 10:45 am

Makes sense. I would probably pull the trigger on that, if we didn't make a Ray Allen trade with Salmons. Redick is a fine shooter and could come in immediately and contribute.

It seems like the Bulls are working the phones heavily. That is obviously expected, but I'm glad they're looking at the players we've seen mentioned through the last couple of days. The Devin Brown trade was step 1 of a plan that I hope will show itself in 16 days.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,227

Post#23 » by HomoSapien » Tue Feb 2, 2010 11:01 am

^ Agreed, but I still think that Brown may have been brought in to make Thomas more expendable. Tyrus is getting minutes at the three this season, which really isn't a good thing. Brown could easily get significant playing time if he gets Thomas' PT and Deng gets more PT at the four.

I don't think Brown was brought here to be a seldom used 9th man.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,455

Post#24 » by samwana » Tue Feb 2, 2010 12:11 pm

I'd love to have Reddick to team up with Rose, I'd been thinking about that a lot, but it didn't seem likely the Magic would trade him. I'd say yes to this trade offer as quick as I can. Only way I say no is when I have a better trade in line.
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,591

Post#25 » by JohnnyTapwater » Tue Feb 2, 2010 12:14 pm

I've been calling for Redick to be a Bull for a few months now.

I'd be very happy.
dflaschberger
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#26 » by dflaschberger » Tue Feb 2, 2010 12:27 pm

I mentioned JJ last summer. I think he is underrated-his D seems good to me. He plays hard and physical. he's not a stopper, but solid, and can shoot of course. I like this deal, although losing Salmons does hurt.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,725

Post#27 » by DuckIII » Tue Feb 2, 2010 12:28 pm

Thanks, JOHN!

That's a trade you gotta do. Hell, its even better than what I'd be willing to trade Salmons for. Due to the risk, no matter how slight, I'd trade Salmons for an expiring contract that couldn't even contribute.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#28 » by theanimal23 » Tue Feb 2, 2010 12:37 pm

DuckIII wrote:Thanks, JOHN!

That's a trade you gotta do. Hell, its even better than what I'd be willing to trade Salmons for. Due to the risk, no matter how slight, I'd trade Salmons for an expiring contract that couldn't even contribute.

As a minor follow-up deal, I'd do Pargo for Oberto

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=982379&start=45
DiplomaticMagic wrote:TheRevTY on O-Zone few days ago before Alex Kennedy said that he heard that the Magic discussed a deal with Bulls centering around Salmons & Tyrus Thomas for Gortat/Redick.

I'd love to land Gortat, but if this deal would occur (I don't see it happening) -- then we would need a follow up move and that would exclusively mean that Hinrich is being dealt. At that point, management's #1 target would be Wade/Johnson. I'm fine with Wade, but Johnson at the Max still makes me nauseous.

Salmons for JJ + AJ works for me. I'd love to get a pick out of it (if possible). Even if it's a future 1st.
defmut
Senior
And1: 24

Post#29 » by defmut » Tue Feb 2, 2010 1:35 pm

Reddick sucks! I don't think I've seen him hit an open shot this season. He's claimed to be a shooter but can only hit the iron.
"I don't want to be in a box." –Gar
Consequence
Lead Assistant
And1: 254

Post#30 » by Consequence » Tue Feb 2, 2010 1:43 pm

Kind of surprised that Orlando is into this. Salmons is a ball stopper at times, which is the last thing that this Orlando offense with Vince in it needs.
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,850

Post#31 » by Ben » Tue Feb 2, 2010 1:54 pm

defmut wrote:Reddick sucks! I don't think I've seen him hit an open shot this season. He's claimed to be a shooter but can only hit the iron.

I guess he must only be hitting contested shots, then, since he's shooting over 40% from 3-point range (and 44% overall).

I'm kind of with Homo on this one, though. Salmons has returned to last year's shooting form and I'm pretty confident that he'll opt out. I would have loved to have gotten Redick instead of Pargo (and ultimately instead of Brown as well), but as a swap-out for Salmons I'm a lot less sure. Unless, of course, we're planning to ship Kirk out as well (in a good deal) and we need Anthony Johnson to back up Rose.
PowerBull
Bench Warmer
And1: 34

Post#32 » by PowerBull » Tue Feb 2, 2010 2:01 pm

+1
Come playoff time a guy like Salmons who can create for himself will be higly valuable.
smez86
Sophomore
And1: 20

Post#33 » by smez86 » Tue Feb 2, 2010 2:04 pm

Exactly. It's playoff time. Derrick's in foul trouble. Who's creating their own shot? Tyrus?
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#34 » by Ralphb07 » Tue Feb 2, 2010 2:04 pm

The Adam Kenedy guy said the Bulls might offer Salmons for Reddick or filler and mentions Bass or Anthony Johnson.

If we got Anthony Johnson and Reddick and already added Brown, Kirk should be offered for Ray, Boozer, Amare or Tracy.

Johnson and Reddick provide the depth to do that, Also Bass would be a nice pick up and same thing with Reddick and Brown on board look to deal Kirk for one of those guys
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#35 » by Ralphb07 » Tue Feb 2, 2010 2:13 pm

[quote]
I'm kind of with Homo on this one, though. Salmons has returned to last year's shooting form and I'm pretty confident that he'll opt out. I would have loved to have gotten Redick instead of Pargo (and ultimately instead of Brown as well), but as a swap-out for Salmons I'm a lot less sure. Unless, of course, we're planning to ship Kirk out as well (in a good deal) and we need Anthony Johnson to back up Rose[/quote].

I think that exactly the Bulls thinking. We added Brown for Gray, in which Brown can play in the rotation, Reddick as well. The article notes Bass or Johnson as fillers. Who are the two players mostly likely dealt for Tracy, Amare, Boozer or Ray? Kirk and Thomas, so the Bulls are adding the replacements through other trade. Let's use Tracy as the guy we get, we would have

G-Rose/Johnson
G-Tracy/Reddick
F-Deng/Brown
F-Gibson/Hayes(he has to be filler coming back
C-Noah/Miller

Kirk might not be dealt but to me it seems with the rumors that we're adding depth at G, that tells me Kirk could be dealt
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 754

Post#36 » by Hold That » Tue Feb 2, 2010 2:17 pm

People need to forget about Salmons and what he will bring in this years playoffs. What the Bulls front office is trying to do and what we should be focused on is the future and getting players who will compliment our superstar. Salmons is far to much of a risk to keep him on the roster past the trade deadline.

This is what I don't understand about this board, everyone seemed to understand this point when he was slumping, but now that he's played well, people are having reservations about moving him? This is what we were hoping for, since the last couple of months. Him playing well enough so we can atleast move him. If the Bulls don't move him because he's playing well, I'd be extrememly pissed, because this guy is hardly worth keeping and the damage he could cause by opting in is far greater than what he will bring to us in the playoffs by being a little bit more competitive in what likely will be a first round exit. Hopefully the Bulls wont make the same mistakes, which is what has plagued this franchise for the first 3 or 4 years. Holding on to players for far to long and letting an obvious and far greater situation to pass us by..

Like someone else said, I would trade Salmons for an expiring at this point STILL. History tells us he might revert to his old form soon. Just thank GOD he's started to play well around the trade deadline. He's sucked his entire career except for one year, don't fall in love with this guy, he needs to be moved ASAP.
Neusch23
Head Coach
And1: 59

Post#37 » by Neusch23 » Tue Feb 2, 2010 2:21 pm

I would LOVE JJ here. especially if we brought in a stud to play next to rose. He is the type of role player you want. A steve kerr type. JJ should be on any team that has lebron!
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,666

Post#38 » by sco » Tue Feb 2, 2010 2:23 pm

Reddick has been VERY effective recently as an off-the bench 3pt shooter. Something we desperately need. While fish has been better lately, I still worry about him not opting out. Also, while he has been better at scoring, we really need guys who are spot-up 3pt shooters to go with Rose.
:clap:
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,365

Post#39 » by coldfish » Tue Feb 2, 2010 2:25 pm

IMO, trading Salmons is a great idea. He really isn't creating many shots on his own. Most of the shots he gets are wide open as a result of someone else. Hell, he often jab steps himself out of open shots. Any competent shooter is going to hit them at a high rate. You simply can't risk him opting in. Trading him now, with Devin Brown and JJ Reddick on the roster isn't going to hurt the team.
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#40 » by logical_art » Tue Feb 2, 2010 2:29 pm

Who backs up Deng if Salmons goes?

Return to Chicago Bulls