Image ImageImage Image

Rumor I heard about a Bulls-Magic trade

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

JackFinn
RealGM
And1: 1,605

Re: Rumor I heard about a Bulls-Magic trade 

Post#41 » by JackFinn » Tue Feb 2, 2010 2:32 pm

logical_art wrote:Who backs up Deng if Salmons goes?

Devin Brown and Tyrus, I guess.
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 754

Post#42 » by Hold That » Tue Feb 2, 2010 2:32 pm

logical_art wrote:Who backs up Deng if Salmons goes?

James Johnson and Devin Brown(when we go small)..
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#43 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Tue Feb 2, 2010 2:35 pm

I'd do it.

Christ - Redick has a TS% over .600

How the hell does Redick get to the free throw line 2.6 times a game?
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#44 » by ManualRam » Tue Feb 2, 2010 2:37 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:I would do the trade bt Salmons has been doing good as of late. I wonder what it would do to the team overall.

And Johnson is a veteran pg who could play in streches and I will be happy. He can hit the three as well.

My only thing is that JJ doesnt do much offensivly. I think he needs a big man like Howard to be effective. But maybe with Rose driving, he could flourish. But we will see. If this trade goes through of course.

He is horrid on defense and his basketball IQ is horrid as well FYI.

What are both of their contract situations and how would they effect our summer?

yeah, im guessing you havent seen too much redick this yr. he's really come into his own and is playing good ball.
IMO, he's been the best SG the magic have had all season.
salmons can create his own shot, but lets face it, the bulls are a first round exit with or without him.
good deal.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#45 » by transplant » Tue Feb 2, 2010 2:41 pm

I'm not a Redick fan (that hang-up with defense again). Anthony Johnson's just a guy.

This said, I'd do it. It may hurt us a bit this season, but it removes the Salmons albatross.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
BG7
Senior
And1: 0

Post#46 » by BG7 » Tue Feb 2, 2010 2:46 pm

transplant wrote:I'm not a Redick fan (that hang-up with defense again). Anthony Johnson's just a guy.

This said, I'd do it. It may hurt us a bit this season, but it removes the Salmons albatross.

Redick has the same label that Gordon has with the defense as once you come into the league if your bad at something it seems to stick. Redick is pretty decent defender and Magic have really developed Redick into a nice role player
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#47 » by DanTown8587 » Tue Feb 2, 2010 2:46 pm

You do it to save money on another deal where now you have a buffer. Now you can do an Amare, Phx #2, Jason Collins deal for say Brad Miller (bought out) and Tyrus Thomas, 2010#1 and get Miller back using the MLE on the cap space, the Bulls are good to go

Rose/Kirk
Kirk/Reddick
Deng/Brown
Amare/Gibson
Noah/Miller
Bench: Johnson, Johnson, Collins
IL Pargo, James
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#48 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Tue Feb 2, 2010 2:49 pm

Apparently Redick is well liked by the Orlando board - you're not going to get much support for this trade over there.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,365

Post#49 » by coldfish » Tue Feb 2, 2010 2:49 pm

Personally, I think Reddick is an upgrade over Salmons. The Bulls are asking him to do so little and even then he doesn't do it frequently. His defense isn't bad, but it isn't great either. He isn't rebounding or passing either. The Bulls just need a guy who takes and makes open shots. Reddick does that.

If someone is going to say no to this, it will be Orlando.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#50 » by transplant » Tue Feb 2, 2010 2:51 pm

BG7 wrote:
transplant wrote:I'm not a Redick fan (that hang-up with defense again). Anthony Johnson's just a guy.

Redick has the same label that Gordon has with the defense as once you come into the league if your bad at something it seems to stick. Redick is pretty decent defender and Magic have really developed Redick into a nice role player
I'll take your word for it.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,042

Post#51 » by Chi town » Tue Feb 2, 2010 3:26 pm

So will JJ become our Rudy Fernandez lite?

Seems like JJ is playing better than Rudy right now anyway.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#52 » by kyrv » Tue Feb 2, 2010 3:33 pm

DuckIII wrote:Thanks, JOHN!

That's a trade you gotta do. Hell, its even better than what I'd be willing to trade Salmons for. Due to the risk, no matter how slight, I'd trade Salmons for an expiring contract that couldn't even contribute.

Same.
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#53 » by BR0D1E86 » Tue Feb 2, 2010 3:34 pm

Love it. Remove the minor uncertainty about Salmons opting out and get another shooter.
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#54 » by bad knees » Tue Feb 2, 2010 3:42 pm

Do it. Brown supposedly is a good defender, and Redick is a great shooter, so the two of them make Salmons more than expendable. Plus we save about $500 K this year and remove the uncertainty about being under the cap next year.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,725

Post#55 » by DuckIII » Tue Feb 2, 2010 3:43 pm

defmut wrote:Reddick sucks! I don't think I've seen him hit an open shot this season. He's claimed to be a shooter but can only hit the iron.

He's shooting 41% from downtown this year on almost 4 threes a game. And thats in only 23 minutes a game. He struggled early in his career adapting to the NBA, but he appears to be finding a comfort level. Given the cap implications, the trade is a no-brainer even if Redick can't throw it in the ocean.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
bulletbill
Bench Warmer
And1: 84

Post#56 » by bulletbill » Tue Feb 2, 2010 3:43 pm

called it in the 'Stand pat' thread, hope it actually happens.
GM_JAMES
Senior
And1: 0

Post#57 » by GM_JAMES » Tue Feb 2, 2010 3:55 pm

Right now the Bulls management is in "Have your cake and eat it too" mode. They are trying to fnd deals that upgrade this team and open more cap space for 2010. If that fails they will most likely look at trade the allow them to just dump salary, and get them where they need to be financial without hurting the team.

Played around with the Orlando Idea:

JJ Reddick
Brandon Bass
Anthony Johnson

for

John Salmons
Tyrus Thomas
Janero Pargo

Comments?
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,321

Post#58 » by JordansBulls » Tue Feb 2, 2010 3:56 pm

JOHN wrote:There is a manager I am very close to here in Greece and one of the top teams(OSFP) are targetting JJ Redick for next year.They are monitoring the situation and thinking of sending feelers with a mulimillion offer(our boy Arn Tellem will be thrilled).Of course my guy learned a few days ago that Reddick could be Chicago bound along with Anthony Johnson for John Salmons(Olympiacos really really likes him).The team believes it will be easier to get Redcock if he goes to Chicago(Bulls having other priorities as far as players).

Looks like the Bulls are indeed shopping John Salmons.

Only player off the Magic I want that could be had is Vince Carter
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
chadrucf
RealGM
And1: 5,015

Post#59 » by chadrucf » Tue Feb 2, 2010 3:56 pm

DuckIII wrote:
defmut wrote:Reddick sucks! I don't think I've seen him hit an open shot this season. He's claimed to be a shooter but can only hit the iron.

He's shooting 41% from downtown this year on almost 4 threes a game. And thats in only 23 minutes a game. He struggled early in his career adapting to the NBA, but he appears to be finding a comfort level. Given the cap implications, the trade is a no-brainer even if Redick can't throw it in the ocean.

+1 on that. Easy yes from Chicago.
organix85
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#60 » by organix85 » Tue Feb 2, 2010 3:59 pm

Interesting trade...

I'd just like to point out that I browsed through the Magic forums and they don't seem to think he's as a bad a defender as we are saying. I personally haven't seen much of the Magic, so I don't have my own opinion...but reading through the opinions of Magic fans, it can't hurt to have this guy around. He shoots well and hustles. He also has leadership qualities.

And if he does turn out to be a downgrade, Poohdini is right. This is the scenario most fans wanted just a month ago. Salmons has increased his value. We wanted this and now we are second guessing.
TyrusRose2425 wrote:Imagine how much more athletic Noah would be if he didn't have his big ass ball sack dragging him down

Return to Chicago Bulls