Image ImageImage Image

OT: Getting some new B-ball shoes

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Re: OT: Getting some new B-ball shoes 

Post#21 » by HomoSapien » Wed Feb 3, 2010 10:41 pm

Well played, DaBulls.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
batman_crip14
Junior
And1: 0

Post#22 » by batman_crip14 » Wed Feb 3, 2010 10:42 pm

either the Kobes, they run low-mid ankle. Or hyperdunks.

i used to wear whatever Hinrich wore... but since NIke bought out converse.. the shoes have been halfassed and stiff
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#23 » by Jvaughn » Wed Feb 3, 2010 10:44 pm

Check out http://www.myspace.com/officialshoefanatics

If you email the name they'll find you mostly any hoop shoes you want for under $100.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
DNP CD
Junior
And1: 29

Post#24 » by DNP CD » Thu Feb 4, 2010 1:29 am

Do the hyperizes have any zoom air in them or are they all lunar foam cushioned? They should be a good shoe and super light weight. The only knock I heard on the hyperdunks was that they chose lunar foam over zoom air in the forefoot to make them slightly lighter, and sometimes that forefoot cushioning would bottom out after only six or seven games. No problem for a pro who roles through 75 pairs a season, but an expensive habit for the rest of us.
mehta29
Junior

Post#25 » by mehta29 » Thu Feb 4, 2010 2:18 am

I got the D.Rose signature as well, and I thought they fit well and provided a lot of comfort but most nike shoes come off as lighter and more flexible. I have always been a nike guy and my best bet for ballin shoes has been going to any premium outlet and getting shoes after they have been out for a while (I was thinking about buyin Hyperizes for 75 bucks at the one in aurora)

Of all things, I just wish they released Nate Robinson's shoes from last year's slam dunk contest on mass production. I don't like him very much but those shoes I would kill for
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 741

Post#26 » by Hold That » Thu Feb 4, 2010 2:45 am

I'll tell you from experience(I hoop atleast once a week), the NIke Hyperizes are the best shoes to hoop in if you are looking for High Tops that are extremely light..
CO77XBulls
Banned User

Post#27 » by CO77XBulls » Thu Feb 4, 2010 3:38 am

Jvaughn wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:Image

I sport these.

:rofl: What a homo.

Rajona Ronda rocks these.
XBebop
Junior
And1: 5

Post#28 » by XBebop » Thu Feb 4, 2010 4:30 am

DaBulls82 wrote:I ended up spending 2 hours trying on a bunch of shoes - in the end I got the Hyperize. I found them to fit the most comfortably. They are light and provide good support.

Here are the ones I got:

I'm playing ball in an hour and a half - weather is beautiful after 2 weeks of rain. :rock:

Well...I've seen uglier shoes.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,267

Post#29 » by kodo » Thu Feb 4, 2010 5:34 pm

For a new shoe I also recommend the nike hyperdunk/hyperize. They're considered the top all-around shoe for everyone these days.

Another option: if you can find a pair of Nike Huaraches these are also great guard shoes, a favorite of the guys I play with. These will be firmer than the hyperdunks.

The other great guard shoe made recently was the Nike Zoom BB, but you'll probably have problems finding a new pair of these.
PippenAintEasy
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#30 » by PippenAintEasy » Thu Feb 4, 2010 7:55 pm

I just got a pair of Shox, and don't recommend them really. They're pretty heavy, and 3 plays in I rolled my ankle.
From the "Story behind certain jersey numbers" thread...
C'mon Cavs wrote:Larry Hughes wears #32 because he sucks.

Return to Chicago Bulls