Image ImageImage Image

Rumor about Tyrus

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

JOHN
General Manager
And1: 90

Rumor about Tyrus 

Post#1 » by JOHN » Mon Feb 8, 2010 7:35 am

Latest info I got is that Brendan Haywood has been informed that he could be going to Chicago for Tyrus Thomas and James Johnson.This comes from a player my guy represents here in Europe and is close to Brendan.
Remember remember the 1st of April.......
JOHN
General Manager

Re: Rumor about Tyrus 

Post#2 » by JOHN » Mon Feb 8, 2010 7:38 am

Good move by the Bulls if they can pull it out.Perhaps Noah is in more serious pain and might need the full 6-8 weeks to heal.Also what about Gibson?When is that warrior going to get some rest?
sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#3 » by sdeezy » Mon Feb 8, 2010 7:38 am

wow. It does make a ton of sense for us though. Haywood gives us a big body to handle the bigger centers out there and he's expiring as well
montestewart wrote:Blatche and McGee standing next to Boozer and Thomas reminded me of first-time offenders meeting real cons in a "scared straight" program.
Slackerr
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Slackerr » Mon Feb 8, 2010 7:40 am

Oh man. That'd be pretty awesome...
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#5 » by Jvaughn » Mon Feb 8, 2010 7:40 am

I would be happy with that. Move Noah to the 4 and we'd have a player that can muscle the bigs in the league. Hope this is true man. I'd eventually have to change my avatar though.......
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#6 » by boogydown » Mon Feb 8, 2010 7:41 am

We could use James Johnson for a bigger trade not to pry away an expiring when Tyrus is an expiring. Besides that, Brendan Haywood gives us nothing that Joakim doesn't already give us.

I don't like it.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#7 » by Rerisen » Mon Feb 8, 2010 7:42 am

Where do I sign up? Guy averages a double double per 36, over 2 blocks and is shooting 56% from the field. Not any kind of star but he could really help us if Noah keeps struggling with his plantar fasciitis.

If the Bulls seriously think this season's record is so vital for 2010 its almost mandatory we get some insurance in case Noah either has to miss a lot of games, or simply isn't as effective like in the weeks before we sat him down.
Jvaughn
RealGM

Post#8 » by Jvaughn » Mon Feb 8, 2010 7:43 am

boogydown wrote:We could use James Johnson for a bigger trade not to pry away an expiring when Tyrus is an expiring. Besides that, Brendan Haywood gives us nothing that Joakim doesn't already give us.

I don't like it.

Strong body to defend the bigger centers of the league, and a good shot blocker. Im for it if we're not going to use Tyrus anymore/
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
franku82
Senior
And1: 30

Post#9 » by franku82 » Mon Feb 8, 2010 7:43 am

I understand why the bulls would do this trade but why would washington do it?
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 123

Post#10 » by Three34 » Mon Feb 8, 2010 7:44 am

Not enamored with the idea of giving up Johnson in a rental. Haywood is badass, but it would still only be a rental. Isn't Tyrus alone enough for a rental?
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#11 » by Rerisen » Mon Feb 8, 2010 7:45 am

franku82 wrote:I understand why the bulls would do this trade but why would washington do it?

They are rebuilding. Haywood is 30 years old and Tyrus is 23. Maybe they give Tyrus some run till the end of the season, he does well and they look to bring him back.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#12 » by boogydown » Mon Feb 8, 2010 7:48 am

Jvaughn wrote:
boogydown wrote:We could use James Johnson for a bigger trade not to pry away an expiring when Tyrus is an expiring. Besides that, Brendan Haywood gives us nothing that Joakim doesn't already give us.

I don't like it.

Strong body to defend the bigger centers of the league, and a good shot blocker. Im for it if we're not going to use Tyrus anymore/

Are people missing James Johnson here?

Rental for Rental should be enough. Adding James Johnson which has some positive value for any "bigger" trade is not a smart move.

As I said, I don't like it UNLESS Haywood is being used in a bigger trade such as

Deng + Haywood for Kevin Martin + Kenny Thomas.

Then it makes sense (though I have my doubts with Kevin Martin lately).
Jvaughn
RealGM

Post#13 » by Jvaughn » Mon Feb 8, 2010 7:48 am

Rerisen wrote:
franku82 wrote:I understand why the bulls would do this trade but why would washington do it?

They are rebuilding. Haywood is 30 years old and Tyrus is 23. Maybe they give Tyrus some run till the end of the season, he does well and they look to bring him back.

Wow didn't realize he was that old. Doesn't seem like he's been in the league for THAT long. But anyway the Wizards could give Mcgee some more playing time if Haywood is moved. Makes sorta sense for them too.

Friend_Of_Haley
RealGM
And1: 374

Post#14 » by Friend_Of_Haley » Mon Feb 8, 2010 7:49 am

I would actually be okay with this. My only question is that Tyrus is rumored to be in the Celtics talks. Do we just substitute in Salmons, or is that deal dead? If that deal is dead, we still need to move Salmons or Kirk. There's the Salmons to Magic rumor, but that doesn't quite work as rumored (for Reddick and Johnson). Actually the Haywood rumor doesn't work either, however Washington does have some expiring contracts they can add. Add in Foye, and thats the best bet, however, we'd have some serious issues with all of that back court depth. Not enough minutes.

Will be interesting to see..... May see many moves on the way.

Edit- I read James Johnson as Jerome James, so never mind this one should work. Besides, we'd need Jerome in any Ray Allen deal. Now I'm not sure I'm okay with it though. Also tricky is that this is a two for one, so we're short a player, and the Boston rumors seem to be having more going out that coming in. We need some players to make up the roster minimum.

Oh this is all too confusing.
sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#15 » by sdeezy » Mon Feb 8, 2010 7:49 am

As much as i like this trade, it could possibly make our offense even worse. With a frontcourt of Deng/Noah/Haywood, we'd be a terrific interior defensive team, beasts on the boards and give opposing frontcourts fits on the offensive glass. But we'd be travesty as far as spacing on offense is concerned. Not that Taj did much to help but oh well..i'll still take it
montestewart wrote:Blatche and McGee standing next to Boozer and Thomas reminded me of first-time offenders meeting real cons in a "scared straight" program.
JOHN
General Manager

Post#16 » by JOHN » Mon Feb 8, 2010 7:49 am

Sham wrote:Not enamored with the idea of giving up Johnson in a rental. Haywood is badass, but it would still only be a rental. Isn't Tyrus alone enough for a rental?

Valid question but perhaps James Johnson is the "pick" the Bulls are throwing that Washington is asking for.I think the Bulls are doing great pursuing a deal for Haywood but I think Washington would prefer a mid (10-17) 2010 first round pick+player.

We need a badass player (though the guy backpeddled when Antonio Davis chased him) but Brad Miller wont be able to play in a few weeks the way he's being overused.If the Bulls are dead set on impressing people in the playoffs then we need badass in the paint.
franku82
Senior
And1: 30

Post#17 » by franku82 » Mon Feb 8, 2010 7:53 am

If we threw in Kirk, would they give us Mike Miller?
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#18 » by HomoSapien » Mon Feb 8, 2010 7:57 am

Would absolutely love it if JJ wasn't involved. I've been talking about Haywood all season long.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#19 » by BrooklynBulls » Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:00 am

Throw JJ in, don't care. Haywood's not a rental. You try to trade the crap out of Hinrich immediately so you can resign Haywood and pursue a bigtime FA.

Haywood/Noah
Bosh/Noah/Gibson
Deng/my grams

That's a championship frontcourt and a half.
cpta2020
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#20 » by cpta2020 » Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:03 am

Sounds really interesting ... I'll take it...

Return to Chicago Bulls